Any planned STD improvements on the radar?

Barbarian
Sup guys, I'm quite enjoying my D3 break and wanted to ask if the devs have been busy making promises they can't keep. So did they or did they not promise to help barbs in the STD department?

In case they didn't (picture me being terribly suprised, I jest ofc), maybe we can scrounge up some ideas they can shamelessly claim and sell as their own? Basically doing the job the devs were paid to do in the first place. Do not let it be said that this community isn't generous!
If anything, it passes the time =)

(1) passive [insert funky name]: Critical hit add a damage multiplier vs Elites and Rift Guardians that lasts for X seconds. Can stack Y times.

(2) passive [insert funky name]: Critical hits caused by resource spenders and/or generators cause Elites and Rift Guardians to bleed for 0.X% life per second for Y seconds. Can stack Z times.

(3) new Frenzy rune: critical hits/attacks have X% chance to lower the armor of Elites and Rift Guardians by Y% for Z seconds.
Sup.

Id consider coming back if they took Barb STDs seriously.

However, if the last PTR is anything to go by, their approach to barb development appears to be "introduce new barb gear, now listen to non barb players for performance feedback."

I was thinking the removal of Mortiks (yup Im going there) may have been justified to some extent. But not after watching a DH on twitch (20 mins ago) regularly crit from 1.2 to 1.8 Billion. Im sure they go higher along with shield bash Saders.

Devs need to go all Miley Cirus and take a wrecking ball to every STD type attack for barb. I also expect a release of the song which includes a naked Wyatt Cheng straddling a wrecking ball and John Yang licking a sledge hammer.

Cheers
CC123
What if instead of increasing our STD they reduced the health scaling of elites and rift guardian?
They need to wrap our whackers with the magnificence that is Arreat.
06/02/2015 05:59 AMPosted by kingdo
What if instead of increasing our STD they reduced the health scaling of elites and rift guardian?

This is actually a better idea.

Because DH would still be good at clearing rifts, but the time fighting RG would be lower over all. IT would in effect make DH / Carn Doc's Main benefit less valuable and indirectly balance the game that way.

STD wasn't a major issue for anyone until Barbs went north of 40. I even did 41 without a conduit in Era 1 with the old Raekor (no DOT) and fire frenzy + fire ancients - not many people did!

I think the Devs don't play at a high enough level to appreciate how tedious 8+ min RG fights are.
I've gotten all six classes up to GR40 and my barbarian, that can do GR55 probably has the lowest RG dps among all six. I have average at best gear on the other characters.

I never really reflected on just how bad barbarian single target damage was before since I'm a solo player and only played barbarian.
also
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/dread-iron
its a clear couple for
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-gavel-of-judgment

but blizz as always screwed up combo with any barb set
how ever currently strongest STD i can think of is

simply focus+restraint
WW6+BK weps
bash + 10% crit rune

and wtv else
Yes I brought up this point a little over a month ago:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/17085920474?page=1

Half the people decided to troll me and claim that our STD was fine because they are too narrow-sighted to grasp simple concepts of collective class balance.

I wonder where all those "but WW builds have so much better STD then Raekor did" sheep are at. Those sheep that fail to realize that having slightly better STD then a spec with literally non-existent STD doesn't mean much. They also fail to think about STD in the context of the collective game in comparison to the potential all other classes have. Wonder when those posts will start pop up

Or even better waiting for Detox to come into this thread and claim how amazing our single target damage is because he can kill ghom will 99% ancient gear and a mara's and think that the lack luster end game the game has to offer is actually good. Whilst completely negating the fact that any other class under the exact same "fishing" scenario and given equivalent gear points would of decimated that boss fight in a mere fraction of the time it took him.

Anyways all this is irrelevant to me now cause of two words: Lost Ark. RIP Diablo 3 you were a solid decent and your lost potential will soon be forgotten. Maybe one day North American devs will step up their game and compete with the Koreans.
06/02/2015 07:47 AMPosted by Samir
06/02/2015 05:59 AMPosted by kingdo

This is actually a better idea.

Because DH would still be good at clearing rifts, but the time fighting RG would be lower over all. IT would in effect make DH / Carn Doc's Main benefit less valuable and indirectly balance the game that way.

STD wasn't a major issue for anyone until Barbs went north of 40. I even did 41 without a conduit in Era 1 with the old Raekor (no DOT) and fire frenzy + fire ancients - not many people did!

I think the Devs don't play at a high enough level to appreciate how tedious 8+ min RG fights are.

Right, and not just tedious but unavoidable.
There is no amount of skill or luck or gear that is going to allow a Wastes 6 barb kill the RG faster.

We can get lucky on density and mob type and # of elite packs but when it comes to RG, their HP at some point is just too much to overcome with bad STD