Requesting Expert Barbarian Help

Barbarian
06/02/2015 11:18 AMPosted by Conan
Funny thing is...I had a messed up build.

I'm shocked. You were experimenting with odd builds! Haha. Congrats man!

06/02/2015 02:42 PMPosted by Stormrider
Great stuff Tao. Was blood thirst and blood lust all the healing you had? If so you make me wanna revisit wind shear without LPFS.

I rolled LpFS onto weapon and belt. I didn't even think it was going to work, but the Slow Storm build is so squishy compared to Immortal Wrath. (I think Blood Bath is huge for healing)

My next Slow Storm try will be drop Blood Thirst (It was most likely overkill) for Superstition. This is already a proven build by Detox.

I missed Cold Snap by one minute before I got the 53 clear on Bone Warlock. I had a little trouble with Fury. I think Superstition could solve that.
06/02/2015 03:29 PMPosted by Tao

I rolled LpFS onto weapon and belt. I didn't even think it was going to work, but the Slow Storm build is so squishy compared to Immortal Wrath. (I think Blood Bath is huge for healing)

My next Slow Storm try will be drop Blood Thirst (It was most likely overkill) for Superstition. This is already a proven build by Detox.

I missed Cold Snap by one minute before I got the 53 clear on Bone Warlock. I had a little trouble with Fury. I think Superstition could solve that.

Hey Tao, congrats on your 53!

Try out this 6/4 build if you want to try a Phys CoE varient. A friend and I both used it to solo 54. Its pretty tanky so you can swim in most mobs. I'm not sure how many attempts he made but mine was less than 5 with a sub 4k dps pre 2.2 IKBB. Blood funnel should make it more tanky than the wind shear varients. I may be missing something, but i'm still not sure what the advantage of going wind shear is to be honest because blood funnel takes multiple slots/passives etc to replace and wind shear can be replaced with one passive (w master).

You'll need cdr on helm,shoulder,paragon for perma wrath.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#jhdkRP!ZYXj!cbbcbZ
Hey Tao, congrats on your 53!

Try out this 6/4 build. A friend and I both used it to solo 54. Its pretty tanky so you can swim in most mobs. I'm not sure how many attempts he made but mine was less than 5. Blood funnel should make it more tanky than the wind shear varients (i'm still not sure what the advantage of going wind shear is to be honest).

You'll need cdr on helm,shoulder,paragon for perma wrath.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#jhdkRP!ZYXj!cbbcbZ

Awesome. Thanks. I was just thinking about trying another physical build with ToA. Crushing Advance might be a nice way to get a little more dps on the clear. My strongest amulet has phy damage on it.

I appreciate the help Cloud9. I still want to play your medium CDR build. I had fun when I tried it out, but I need more practice getting those big snap shots on attack speed.

Setting up for BK swords did lead me to this very fun T6 build. I think I saw 336% movement speed with a speed pylon.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tao-1163/hero/55708266

Super fun. Not very good for looting. =D
06/02/2015 04:28 PMPosted by Tao
I appreciate the help Cloud9. I still want to play your medium CDR build. I had fun when I tried it out, but I need more practice getting those big snap shots on attack speed.

Setting up for BK swords did lead me to this very fun T6 build. I think I saw 336% movement speed with a speed pylon.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tao-1163/hero/55708266

Super fun. Not very good for looting. =D

No problem, hopefully i've been of some help.

BK swords will take an adjustment period but imo its the way to go for progression because it has much more dps than 6/4.

That farm build looks sweet. It would make me dizzy hahaha.
High LPFS, superstition and s2p w/ globe bonus is a pretty tanky combination. You might want to try Mutilate instead of Blood Lust for the extra DIBS and consistent BotT proccing.

But snapshots are still very important. If you get a > 2.3 APS snapshot it's a DPS loss to use Rend, even though you'll have a small WotB downtime.
06/02/2015 04:34 PMPosted by Cloud9
No problem, hopefully i've been of some help.

BK swords will take an adjustment period but imo its the way to go for progression because it has much more dps than 6/4.

I agree. I don't think I'll try past 56 with IK4/WW6.

06/02/2015 04:50 PMPosted by Kuzoh
But snapshots are still very important. If you get a > 2.3 APS snapshot it's a DPS loss to use Rend, even though you'll have a small WotB downtime.

So true. Saw your great post about this. In case anyone missed it:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/17767358270
Grats Tao. I know you can do 55-56.
06/02/2015 05:35 PMPosted by Baconinja
Grats Tao. I know you can do 55-56.

He did 47 last era which took tons more skill to pull off than current iteration of end game barb.
I forgot to mention that I think KingBenjamin's zcdr (and multiple variations) is likely the most consistent 53 grift build.

I got it on my very first try, and have cleared multiple 54's and 55's with it. Just need the good combo of grift+rg RNG.
06/02/2015 11:05 PMPosted by Conan
I forgot to mention that I think KingBenjamin's zcdr (and multiple variations) is likely the most consistent 53 grift build.

I got it on my very first try, and have cleared multiple 54's and 55's with it. Just need the good combo of grift+rg RNG.

I was having a hard time wrapping my head around WW on left click. I played so much Dirty Rabbit with WW that it just felt so weird. I'll most likely try KingBen's zCDR next. Might mix in a little bit of Cloud9s since I have a few items with CDR.

06/03/2015 08:10 AMPosted by Damian
And after that I didn't feel like farming. This season I may try a couple 55 56 still but I don't like to fish that much even with a decent maras

I hear that Damian. =D

The thing that really burnt me out on last season was that I finally had the precision to clear GR 50 without dying but never got the RNG for the win. I realized I couldn't compete at that level with a full time job and after working on games all day.

This season at least made it better with being able to fight most affixes and having more than one Rift Guardian option on the way to the top.
GR 54 complete. =D

I took Kuzoh's advice and ran with Rend Mutilate because my build is so tanky.

I went back to physical since I have the best gear for it.

RNG smiled upon me this morning. Great cavern rift. Unburied and Goats. Hammy at the end with my Mara's on. =D
06/03/2015 09:08 AMPosted by Damian
But at the end of they day I enjoy playing in barb groups

I couldn't agree more. It's the most fun. Best loot. Lots of laughs.

06/03/2015 09:08 AMPosted by Damian
Grats on the 54.

Thanks. It was one of those rifts that makes you think "I could do 55 on this easy!" Finding it again is the tricky part.

I saved all my 34 keys and then turned them all to 44 keys and finally exchanged for 54 keys in all barb groups. So this morning I only did 2 rifts, but I opened 7.

I auto close caves. Not willing to play Dead End Detection.

Cheers.
06/01/2015 02:31 PMPosted by Samir
Success:
-10% skill
-10% experience
-10% gear (yours is absolutely crazy good aside from some low !@# gems... some paragon in speeds would help too)
-70% Rift RNG.

In other words, trial up a stack of 54s and Im sure you will get it done. That's what Bacon and I do. Trials. All day.

If this end game is not one you like, make a QQ post in Gen Dis. I'm sure it will stand out amongst all the non-QQ posts praising the Devs for the exquisite job they do of balancing classes and their subtle appreciation of how pylons, RNG, narrow maps, the mystic and ancients really create a beautiful, progression-oriented game that keeps people coming back.

Nominated for post of the month.
Congrats Tao you're on a roll now.

06/02/2015 04:22 PMPosted by Cloud9
I may be missing something, but i'm still not sure what the advantage of going wind shear is to be honest because blood funnel takes multiple slots/passives etc to replace and wind shear can be replaced with one passive (w master).

Problem with blood funnel and IKBB is the stupid proc rates with WW for weapons master. They'll both keep you full fury killing whites but with just weapons master your fury will drain like no tomorrow against single target if you don't use ancients fury, since it's missing the passive regen from BK. Had no fury issues with wind shear vs single target.
Tried windshear with BK weapons and hated it. Had same experience as cloud 9, took way too many adjustments to make up for loss of HP scaling regen.

Figured this out a almost 2 months ago when I first made my guide BK guide.
Gratz Tao!

I was having a hard time wrapping my head around WW on left click. I played so much Dirty Rabbit with WW that it just felt so weird. I'll most likely try KingBen's zCDR next. Might mix in a little bit of Cloud9s since I have a few items with CDR.

I despise WW on left click also. IMO it's the biggest drawback of KingBen's build (even more than jailer!) because I actually have problems holding down left click for 15 minute stretches while making tight circles with the mouse. And to keep WW from stopping sporadically you need to also hold down force stand still ...

But don't get me wrong, it's a solid build and KingBen's obviously had great success with it. I'm just harping on the ergonomics issue!
06/01/2015 02:11 PMPosted by Leland
06/01/2015 02:08 PMPosted by kingdo
Also Tao is not seasons....

Ah drats, didn't notice that :(

As for 10 in a row, not sure... I was lucky enough not to get raziel in that 7 run... he's usually a non-win for me.

good to know coz I cant consistently clear 53s for sure. :<>
06/03/2015 11:29 AMPosted by kingdo
Tried windshear with BK weapons and hated it. Had same experience as cloud 9, took way too many adjustments to make up for loss of HP scaling regen.

Figured this out a almost 2 months ago when I first made my guide BK guide.

Same here. Blood funnel is just way too good to give up, and like you said you have to lose some dps and hp to make up for the healing and even then I found it wasn't enough.

Just realized I made a mistake with that post and said wind shear had fury problems when I meant blood funnel without ancients fury. Of course that only applies to WW6/IK4.