question about wep drops

Barbarian
I have seem to get any to drop for me for either ancient for my bulkathos set( both was dropped by other barbs) and haven't seen a BB drop yet. are people just getting lucky or are they gambling?

just having issues with bad rng i guess
There were some very good advices from this forum - that is to keep running low GRs. I have got all my ancient BKs from those runs. But can't seem to get any ancient waste pieces.
kadala doesn't give BK much(after maybe 5k of BS, i decide to gamble for other ancient part). Got all my 3 BK from low level GR (Lv1>11>21>31)
AH ok i dont run enough gr's then ill do a lot more today

as for normal ancients just going to kadalla i guess is best. i think ill do some t6 runs and carry a group for better drops and what not. thanks for the advice guys
For me, before the 2.20 patch was released, I dropped 2 sets of ancient BKs. (three were crappy, one is the SV I'm currently using).

Then I had about a full month dry spell of no ancients drops on BKs (dropped plenty of non-ancients).

Then I started pushing +50 grifts in recent weeks and dropped the 2 BK Bloods (one I'm using and gave other away, both high damage rolls) and few other ancient W6 piece upgrades for me. Don't know if it's RNG, but for me it's always pushing higher grifts that I get better items or upgrades. Forget normal rifts for me, barely get any ancients in 800 para levels. All my good usable ancients are all from Grift runs.

Don't know if Diablo has some standard that tracks your 'average grift level' but when I start doing high 30s/low 40s. I often only get 1-2 legendary items.

Don't know if others share my experience.
06/02/2015 02:05 PMPosted by DRAVEN
For me, before the 2.20 patch was released, I dropped 2 sets of ancient BKs. (three were crappy, one is the SV I'm currently using).

Then I had about a full month dry spell of no ancients drops on BKs (dropped plenty of non-ancients).

Then I started pushing +50 grifts in recent weeks and dropped the 2 BK Bloods (one I'm using and gave other away, both high damage rolls) and few other ancient W6 piece upgrades for me. Don't know if it's RNG, but for me it's always pushing higher grifts that I get better items or upgrades. Forget normal rifts for me, barely get any ancients in 800 para levels. All my good usable ancients are all from Grift runs.

Don't know if Diablo has some standard that tracks your 'average grift level' but when I start doing high 30s/low 40s. I often only get 1-2 legendary items.

Don't know if others share my experience.

That would be really interesting to find out if anyone else has that issue. i am running 41's right now and in about 10 runs i have gotten 4 legendarys period. rng is hating me right now.
RNG. just keep farming. it'll drop eventually.

06/01/2015 11:12 PMPosted by Grempoc
are people just getting lucky or are they gambling?

Your paragon level is low. I'm sure most barbs in the forums have farmed more than you. You actually remind me of my bro ("why dont i get ancients"). The answer is because both of you haven't farmed enough.
06/02/2015 04:44 PMPosted by Cloud9
RNG. just keep farming. it'll drop eventually.

06/01/2015 11:12 PMPosted by Grempoc
are people just getting lucky or are they gambling?

Your paragon level is low. I'm sure most barbs in the forums have farmed more than you. You actually remind me of my bro ("why dont i get ancients"). The answer is because both of you haven't farmed enough.

I know your right. guess i cant really blame it on rng yet. less posting more farming lol....wait thast what 2 monitors are for lol. thanks for the help and advice.
Seems to be blood everywhere I go.

Just gotta keep trying to push through the gear-grind, I guess.
I have been gambling just armour because of shard prices :/ in saying that I'll spend ~10K shards on something and then have the piece I want drop during a GR so that's not saying all that much.
Shards cap at 41 so my advice would be that if you can farm that fast, do as many of those as you can stand and throw your shards at Kadala and hope she gives you something.
I got a little lucky that the BK Swords I needed have dropped fairly quickly into my progression towards full-Ancient armour, and one or 2 of them have actually rolled fairly nicely damage-wise too