Rank #1 Witch Doctor - Karib GR59
Paragon 951
Averaging ~15.2b XP/hour
Averaging 10.1 hours PER DAY since S3 started

Rank #1 Wizard- Necro GR63
Paragon 905
Averaging ~6b XP/hour
Averaging 19.8 hours PER DAY since S3 started

That last time isn't a typo, Necro has played almost 20 hours a day since S3 started. (probably shared acct looking at his class portfolio) But basically you can see both the discrepancy on time played vs paragon level. Some have a specific leech class in Crusader/WD/Monk, but it is all rolled up in the hours per day.

<3

Edit: A few more interesting data points

06/04/2015 05:45 PMPosted by Heisenberg
Rank #8 Monk - Quin GR60
Paragon 1130
Averaging ~32.1b XP/hour (streamer buff + XP monk)
Averaging 10.1 hours PER DAY since S3 started

Rank #4 Paragon World - Gabynator
Paragon 1261
Averaging ~30.0b XP/hour (mostly as an XP wizard)
Averaging 19.98 hours PER DAY since S3 re-started for him on 4/18

Rank #1 Paragon World - Ganda
Paragon 1355
Averaging ~41.3b XP/hour (dedication)
Averaging 15.7 hours PER DAY since S3 started
Not that I really care, that Wizard certainly is account sharing or has a pretty dangerous hobby that will lead to a premature death.

For the sake of his own well-being, he better be sharing the account.
06/02/2015 04:18 PMPosted by Govbot
There was a time when this thread would have been 3 pages long already, filled with accusations of botting.

Ahh.. the good ol' days!
I don't think it's a surprise that the highest ranked people play a lot. Diablo has always been about grinding, chasing after perfect items and stacking the levels. The likelihood of some casual player bumbling his way through the highest GR-tier is just not a realistic expectation. The game is very systematic requiring a lot of redundancy to meet the end-goal.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not surprised by this at all. I'd be more surprised if you had posted something like "GR63 rank 1 DH - averaging 2 hours per day!" or something along those lines.
there is this thing called a bot that people who play diablo use

google will show you the one being used
So our options for competing on the leaderboard are:

1) Spend over half your waking hours playing D3 and spend a lot of that time on a bonus xp geared leech to plvl paragon.

2) Account share so you can spend some time doing something other than D3 while still capitalizing on multiplicative xp bonus in Grifts to farm a ton of XP.

3) Bot 24/7 or have a "shared account" being played 24/7 doing something apparently inefficient for less than 1/3 as much xp/h

If an account were really just being played as a "shared account" I would think it could manage more than 6b xp/hour if farming xp were actually a priority AT ALL honestly. You can't tell me someone serious about pushing the leaderboard isn't aware of how multiplicative xp works in Grifts. If they're sharing an account they would likely have friends to do xp farming with also...

But anyway...

Endless progression is a really bad idea.
Thanks for the info. The hours per day is what is really revealing. These folks are devoting a lot of their lives to this game. Hope they feel being #1 makes it worthwhile.
If paragon capped at 800 right now, people would be extremely angry.

If paragon capped at 800 at its inception, people might comment on it, but would be understandable for the most part.

I myself think the idea of never ending paragon is nice, UNTIL you see people 'exploiting' their way past you by miles.

When I play borderlands, dungeon defenders, etc....when I see someone with a modded weapon online, it makes me not want to play online, because the challenge that's supposed to be there no longer exists.

The core issue at hand, is that GRs scale infinitely. If they didn't, then high paragon would simply be a tool, whereas right now it's a clear cut weapon.

Well, not that I care anymore. Even if I reinstalled, I've given up on the leaderboards due to numerous issues.
There was a time when this thread would have been 3 pages long already, filled with accusations of botting.

None of them are at 23 hours per day average.

But that last guy is either sharing his account, or botting.
06/02/2015 04:44 PMPosted by Frostraven

None of them are at 23 hours per day average.

But that last guy is either sharing his account, or botting.

woosh
One reason I have stopped pushing leaderboards. You will never ever compete with players that put that many hours in the game. Its takes these players 3 months to do what I achieved in 3 years.
Rank #1 Crusader - Hades GR61
Paragon 1041
Averaging ~21b XP/hour
Averaging 11.1 hours PER DAY since S3 started

Rank #1 Wizard- Necro GR63
Paragon 905
Averaging ~6b XP/hour
Averaging 19.8 hours PER DAY since S3 started

<3

ahahahahahahaa ! I can't stop laughing :)

Averaging ~6b XP/hour
Averaging ~21b XP/hour

I am sure even after you gave the info they still don't get it.

Make the XP universal to all party members already.

I play DH only because I love playing DH, but getting 1/3 the XP during runs is just sad :(
You can pretty much apply this to everything else in life.

It's almost as though the things we accomplish are directly tied to how much time we put into them.

By some people's logic, they consider it unfair that a pianist who practiced countless hours can now play the piano better than they can.

Nerf pianos.
But you do know that it's impossible for everyone to become/be #1 in the leaderboard, don't you?
What happened to getting a job? ^^
06/02/2015 06:43 PMPosted by Rumpitekno
Nice - we actually have someone who is totally jealous with the dudes getting the top spot and spending all his time calculating how many hours each of these dudes play the game!!

Go back and see if you can spot anything else. maybe the XP discrepancy and P levels gained VS times played.

The point of the post has escaped you.
what's really amazing is heisenberg has more playtime on the forums than in-game

think about that folks.