New set idea! Sweeping Wind inspired.

Monk
Set should consist of:
-fist weapon (to synergize with the existing SW fist weapon.)
-Boots
-Shoulders
-Pants
-gloves
-Chest
-Helm

2 piece set bonus:
- Doubles the amount of stacks of sweeping wind.

4 piece set bonus:
-Each stack of sweeping wind now increases your damage by 10%.

6 piece set bonus:
-Sweeping wind is now permanent. Upon activating sweeping wind, consume all stacks to deal 200% weapon damage per stack.
Hm. 200% Weapon DMG are too low. You get 2400% Weapon-DMG out of that (assuming you are playing with Vengeful Wind), multiplied by 120%, so around 5000% Weapon-DMG, which isn't that much considering RotS gives you 12500% Weapon-DMG (for the same amount of spirit spent).

Also, those boni don't beneift from stacking IAS.

I like the general idea of the 6pc-bonus though :)
As Volun pointed out, 200% is too low. Probably should be 2000% per stack to compete with Raiment. Maybe more since I think it'll take longer to get a stack up to six than it would be to generate the 75 Spirit that DS asks for.
Having sweeping winds absorb a % of projectiles and add it to sweeping winds damage would be an interesting dynamic. Giving the monk some extra defense.

E.G While at 3 stacks, sweeping wind asborbs 50% of projectiles. For each projectile absorbed sweeping winds damage is increased by 50% of your weapon damage until your stacks expire.
Game play = holding down 1 button while intermittently pressing SW. Doesn't sound fun....
Maybe more synergy with sweeping wind outside of inner storm. Cyclone was my favorite skill in vanilla out of all the skills monk has. Maybe if not a set more legendaries to synergize with it. Only thing I can say at this point is I'm hoping for a sweeping wind set in s4 or s5 since dh barb and wiz got new sets this patch/era, maybe we might get something else somewhere down the line which would be great to look forward to.
06/03/2015 12:49 PMPosted by Lightdemon
Game play = holding down 1 button while intermittently pressing SW. Doesn't sound fun....

How are you holding down one button, exactly?
You would still be using your generator and another spender until you build up max stacks.
I rather that can be achieve in two fist weapons like Shenglong. Doing a 6 pc set takes always R2 (25% IAS and 300% increase dmg) and Inna 2/4 benefits. The dmg is lame compare to R2 and has no boost to defense. Maybe add increase in lightning dmg and stun effects to comprehend FoT build.
06/03/2015 04:41 PMPosted by TheGhost
06/03/2015 12:49 PMPosted by Lightdemon

How are you holding down one button, exactly?
You would still be using your generator and another spender until you build up max stacks.

Gens are the fastest and easiest way to build up stacks aka hold down one button.
The shenlongs set is likely already decided to be related to the Seven sided strike set.
4pc: Gain 10% increased damage fora each SW stack. Sweeping Wind radius is also increased by 3 yards for each stack.

Here's what the visual would kind of look like, from Druid in D2:
https://youtu.be/7DMILyu8JpM?t=1m4s
I know it's not very original, but I always thought it'd be neat to have "Sweeping Wind - Gain the effect of all runes", even before they started doing it with other set items.

I also think it'd be cool if Sweeping Wind actually, you know, swept. I think it'd be neat to see it suck enemies in like a vortex.
06/04/2015 05:36 PMPosted by CreationEdge
I know it's not very original, but I always thought it'd be neat to have "Sweeping Wind - Gain the effect of all runes", even before they started doing it with other set items.

I also think it'd be cool if Sweeping Wind actually, you know, swept. I think it'd be neat to see it suck enemies in like a vortex.

I like this idea, works like Cyclone Strike, but gradually sucking in monsters to the slaughtering blade.
06/03/2015 09:15 AMPosted by TheGhost
Set should consist of:
-fist weapon (to synergize with the existing SW fist weapon.)
-Boots
-Shoulders
-Pants
-gloves
-Chest
-Helm

2 piece set bonus:
- Doubles the amount of stacks of sweeping wind.

4 piece set bonus:
-Each stack of sweeping wind now increases your damage by 10%.

Really like this for 1 reason, it would go really well with R6 two set bonus.

Have your generators increased by 300% by R2, then by either 90% or 120% by the new 4 set bonus (Depending on how Vengeful wind works). Then DD pants (if there was a belt in the set). Finally the 125% bonus from F&R rings. All while sweeping wind would be doing a ton of dmg in melee range as well.
DD's should be multiplicative instead of additive. That small damage boost isn't really noticeable from DDs :(
An idea for sets build around SW:

2 pcs: Turn on SW (all rune) and make it permanently at stack 1. Increase vortex stack to 10 and refresh time to 30 sec. You can turn on another SW to increase vortex stack to 13.
3 pcs: For every stack of SW, increase AS, dex and vit by 20%.
4 pcs: Monsters affected by SW will be drawn in 5 feet every sec. Monsters that stay in the vortex continuously for 30 sec will have their life reduced by half. Occurs every 30 sec.

4 pcs will be Belt, Chest, head, Boot.
I guess this will come into Season 5, because Season 4 will be SSS related / Shenlongs.

Nice suggestion tho.
Personally, I feel that SW has only been used as a almost a passive skill and there has been no attention paid towards it being a offensive skill at all. It is under that category of "techniques" with the likes of Dashing Strike and Exploding Palm. Lets look at the base rune for EP: Cause an enemy to Bleed for 1200% weapon damage as Physical over 9 seconds. For Dashing Strike: striking enemies along the way for 370% weapon damage. SW: deals 105% weapon damage to all enemies within 10 yards. That alone is a huge disparity.

With DS we have Rainments which bumps it up to 12500%. With EP and Gundo gear (assuming SWK set) you get 500% bonus with SWK4 plus the decoy 1000%, not including the
The Fist of Az'Turrasq bonus. With SW? Woot, we get Vengeful Wind which gives us a extra 3 stacks for more resource regeneration. SW does not even deserve to be in the same category as DS and EP.

I agree there is zero synergy with anything, it is generating more spirit, but Innas is currently a better option IMHO.

Easiest fix for this is to give us 2 more SWK pieces and add a bonus for SW. Maybe something like deals XX damage over 3 seconds, increases resources generation by XX or heaven forbid reduces the insane spirit cost to 10-15 instead of 75 from a set bonus. I do like the idea mentioned above about "all runes", that could be useful and cause some interest. It is not usable in its current form and will be lost even more with the launch of SSS. Make it is somewhat useful and let us build a toon around it, not use it as a afterthought....
I have a feeling that with all the mentions of a desire for SW to be better that it will end up being tied to the new set also in some way