1991 hours played, paragon 854....

General Discussion
06/12/2015 07:58 PMPosted by PurpleMauth
why do people complain about being a lower paragon? its literally just a number and you get a small stat boost from higher levels. if it matters enough for you to complain on a forum about it why dont you just make an xp character and play ? ....

Look, it is not trivial. Not that I care, just saying.
And why would I want to make an xp char and "play"? You think it is a good idea, to waste hours of life playing something boring while pissing others off because you're leeching on their damage? For me it is not.
Another thing that bothers me is how you write it off as pointless and then your suggestion on fixing it is by doing something useless and through that fix the problem, that you deemed was no problem. See what I'm getting at? You tell someone that if it is important to them they should "man up" and play in an unintended way that upset others and bores youself so that truly everyone loses and that is somehow a solution to their own percieved problem and if they don't want to do that they should shut it since their complain is illegitimate if they don't do the worthless solution you mentioned. Is that clearer? Do you understand why I feel your reason is bad?

I think I got around 2400 hours played, crazy haha... My new crusader has 30 hours I think and I feel it is quite a lot. Perspective has changed, time is precious, games which take too much time is not playable, for me.
06/13/2015 01:52 AMPosted by Eights
I stick to my previous point, any amount of time over 200 hours played on a non sub game should have no reason for people to cry about it.

You know, what happened to games of legend? What happened to perfecting a game?
I played civ5 for I dunno how long, way past 5000 hours and I still play it, it is an amazing game. Bought all the dlc's immidiately without hesitation.
I'm going to go to the competititor that can serve me, screw your 200 hour limit, my money will go to the one who is able to entertain me.

I played D3, it's good, I'll probably buy the expansion and hack monsters, I like that, but when the competition offer me a better deal I'll scurry over to them. It wasn't a bad deal with D3, but the game had and has great potential and it is so sad that it will never be realized. Should I be happy about that, thankful maybe? Why? I want a fulfilling game, a completed game, D3 is not, even though it can provide a lasting entertainment it is a treadmill more than anything and it has left me disappointed with the feeling of being conned off my valuable time. Perhaps it is true that it is my own fault, but that won't help Blizzard when it is time for their next release, I'll just go ahead and tell everyone I know about my disappointment and rave about it for as long as it pleases me and so will many others which will hamper Blizzard's sales.

Keep your 200 hour limit to yourself.
06/13/2015 12:44 AMPosted by Eights
All I read was;

"1991 hours out of a 60 dollar game, thanks Blizzard!!!!"

If you have even 1 complaint about a game after 1900 hours that does not charge you monthly fees, you are a very self centred person that needs a reality check in value for money. :) That you even squeezed 200 hours out of the game is excellent.

So in your mind, the only thing a game needs to do to be good is last a long time. It doesn't matter how exciting or interesting or fun the game is, it all boils down to a number.

Let me guess, progress games like Clicker Heroes and Farmville are your paragons of what a game should be? You can get thousands of hours of gameplay and never spend a penny! Perfect games!

I would argue there's a lot more to how good a game is than how addictive it is or how long it lasts. A whole lot more. But maybe that's just cuz I'm so rich that I don't need $60 to last me 200 hours.
you just need to take turns being the xp leach. why force blizzard to act on something so petty . why not just give everyone 1000 paragon points for nothing.
I saw "1991" and and immediately got nostalgic for Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc....

Ahhhh... my good 'ol grunge days.... *sniff*
06/13/2015 04:30 AMPosted by OUsnakebyte
Ahhhh... my good 'ol grunge days.... *sniff*

Those were the days :D
06/13/2015 03:33 AMPosted by Polaris
06/13/2015 12:44 AMPosted by Eights
All I read was;

"1991 hours out of a 60 dollar game, thanks Blizzard!!!!"

If you have even 1 complaint about a game after 1900 hours that does not charge you monthly fees, you are a very self centred person that needs a reality check in value for money. :) That you even squeezed 200 hours out of the game is excellent.

So in your mind, the only thing a game needs to do to be good is last a long time. It doesn't matter how exciting or interesting or fun the game is, it all boils down to a number.

Honestly, yeah, he's right. kinda.
The ONLY thing that really matters as far as investments and return of an entertainment product is how much entertainment value you got out compared to how much you invested in.

Now, "enjoyment" is not easily quantifiable, and even subjective.
So it's dumbed down to simply, "how many hours of entertainment did I get out of it, and how much did you enjoy". The former is objectively quantified, while the latter is subjective.

Now that we get that out of the way let's talk about the subjective part.

It would be "of the many hours you spent, did you enjoy it? Were you entertained? And if not, who do you have to blame but yourself that you KEPT investing hours?"
For a $60 game (and another $50 for expansion), I would say if you got 60-100 hours of entertainment, that's DAMN good money's worth.
Whether or not you suffered another 800 hours of pain, is irrelevant. You chose to suffer that pain.

People who played the game once, beat it, had fun for 60 hours or so and uninstalled still got their money's worth, my friend.
06/13/2015 04:45 AMPosted by Aohige
For a $60 game (and another $50 for expansion), I would say if you got 60-100 hours of entertainment, that's DAMN good money's worth.

Compared to watching a movie, yes, but not compared to playing a truly great game.
You can't compare apples and cars, they are not expected to do the same thing.

All games are different as well, a game like this one is designed to last and thus it is expected that it retain quality for many hours, endlessly actually, but it doesn't, it leaves a bitter taste and even if I still play and have fun it can and could be so much more than this. D3 is not the pinnacle of ARPG's that I want, it's just good for now.

06/13/2015 04:45 AMPosted by Aohige
People who played the game once, beat it, had fun for 60 hours or so and uninstalled still got their money's worth, my friend.

If you are satisfied with your purchase, you got your money's worth. If you are not, you didn't. That's subjective. I'm not happy with this product and that will impact my future purchases from this company and I will spread the word. If I play a game for 60 hours and it is designed to last for that period, I will not complain, I will be thrilled about having experienced an amazing game! D3 is designed to last endlessly and it performs poorly, thus I am unhappy with it despite it being a good game. I want an excellent game. I refuse to settle for less.
There's this other thing, how is this about money? This is about doing something you enjoy, it is worth a lot more than money ever will be.
If the D3 team can pull through and create an amazing experience, that will mean money for them, but for me the money is trivial. If they make a great game I will happily purchase all their expansions for it and after that I will continue being their customer and spread the good word how happy I am with their service. It's not about the money for me, it's about money for them. They are selling a product that is about endless progression, then that is what I expect to get when I make a purchase. Whenever I stop playing is irrelevant, be it after ten hours or ten-thousand hours, I should be happy about my play, that's Blizzard's job to see happen. If they can't, I'll go to someone who can keep me entertained. And yes, I am entitled to a perfected experience and a glorious game for my 110 dollars or whatever.
Indie is coming for you Blizzard, tools are getting stronger and there is no limit to just how good an editor can become, just you wait for the kids to blast your games to oblivion. What's your plan when there are literally thousands of amazing free games projected by communal effort, how will you justify prices then?
This game can be a lot better than this, that's the game we are entitled to play.
You're seriously talking about NS paragon?
Well when I hear 4 accounts I see bots and $$$ play. early on. There is no way D3 justifies 4 accounts unless you are a mutli boxer streaming other than using them to generate $$$. I'd hazard a guess there are many multiple accounts out there that are not in use..

Now if a person has four accounts and a main on each one unless he is multiboxing it is counterproductive. . There is a reason I have all my WoW characters on the same account and on the same server. So they can support each other. .

Once the multiboxer stopps playing with his four characters they lose any support advantage such as account bound mats, legs and gold.

Also they take a hit in paragon. There is more to be considered than hours in the game unless botting.
06/12/2015 07:13 PMPosted by DarthVader
You see something wrong with this picture?

http://i.imgur.com/2sKSMt7.png

It's the result of me playing my way, the barb way, Spinning/charging around killing mobs while support classes in my group collect up to 5x my experience.

It's pretty much all I have to say, except fix this, and honestly a retroactive bonus for hours put into the game wouldn't hurt anyone.

Sincere regards, Vader

Since I honestly don't know what the issue is I am curious, though it seems apparent to me. Does "your way" by chance leave the group behind? Is this a result of you losing the bonus because you are so far from everyone else ?

If it is, I don't see a problem. If it is not, I'm still curious to these exp differences because I haven't read about it.
This post has nothing to do with dollars and cents. Nor entertainment value, fun had or fun to come. It simply illustrates a known issue regarding the ingame reward system versus playstyle. One particular way of playing, the way I like to play, is significantly less rewarding than another, the one I don't like to play. That's all.
06/13/2015 09:05 AMPosted by DarthVader
This post has nothing to do with dollars and cents. Nor entertainment value, fun had or fun to come. It simply illustrates a known issue regarding the ingame reward system versus playstyle. One particular way of playing, the way I like to play, is significantly less rewarding than another, the one I don't like to play. That's all.

Yet again, this is YOUR decision. Playstyle's aren't forced neither is self righteous play. I've mained barb for 2 seasons because I can't play enough to get the gear to effectively push with others.

I understand the frustration on having to play a zds for levels, but you know what? It's a decision you make. If the devs wanted people to incentivize people to play all of the classes to some degree, then this design decision was appropriate - this is how you incentivize sader and monk.

Although in 30's right now, you can be any class and play full leech. If you provide the keys, it really doesn't matter. The only time when zds becomes functionally relevant is probably around 41-42.
06/12/2015 07:13 PMPosted by DarthVader
You see something wrong with this picture?

http://i.imgur.com/2sKSMt7.png

It's the result of me playing my way, the barb way, Spinning/charging around killing mobs while support classes in my group collect up to 5x my experience.

It's pretty much all I have to say, except fix this, and honestly a retroactive bonus for hours put into the game wouldn't hurt anyone.

Sincere regards, Vader

Nope, nothing wrong, nothing to fix. The whole thing was up to you, and nobody is responsible for any of it except you.

Sincere Regards,
Cupcakes
Still sucks
Posts like this are extremely dumb and misleading. I'm guessing a bulk of your time was spent before season 3 started, because I hit 800 in season 3 with less than 300 hours played on a Demon Hunter (a ton of that time was also spent farming HF amulets), and exp support leeching wasn't really relevant until this patch. Barbarians should have a much easier time leveling than DH because they can keep a pool going 24/7 with no issue.

I have over 1000 hours played on my NS account and am barely paragon 600, but that's completely irrelevant because I could reach that same progress in a week in the game's current state.
1,851 hours played
paragon 696

I guess I'm more casual than you guys.