The Awesome No Set Challenge

Hardcore
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
06/10/2015 02:04 PMPosted by CyLaNt
Just banged out 37 in 12:48! No shrines for Cold Snap :) I had to be johnny on the spot with cooldown usage lol. I can taste 40 :D

That. Is. AWESOME.

I need to start compiling wizard gear again, I know I can nail something in the mid-30s with Arcane Torrent. I think I'll make 35 my goal.
Going to be doing this on my wiz PLEAZEME. Salvaged all the gear off of him from before so i've got a nice clean slate to start on. This should be fun.
06/10/2015 02:40 PMPosted by TinneOnnMuin
06/10/2015 02:04 PMPosted by CyLaNt
Just banged out 37 in 12:48! No shrines for Cold Snap :) I had to be johnny on the spot with cooldown usage lol. I can taste 40 :D

That. Is. AWESOME.

I need to start compiling wizard gear again, I know I can nail something in the mid-30s with Arcane Torrent. I think I'll make 35 my goal.

Thanks brother :D. This is honestly more fun than the high GR I have done with my other barbs that use sets. You definitely should give it another shot!
37 down this morning with a few minutes left. It was a pretty good rift, actually, with some big pockets of trash mobs (my bread and butter lol), but no pylon for RG. This build actually isn't too bad for RGs so far. Bowmen offer decent single target damage and can bear the brunt of attacks like Raiziel's Electrified, as long as I remember to stay behind them at mid-range.

Without a Unity, I had to drop Laws of Valor: Critical for Iron Skin. The damage loss is noticeable, but I'm proccing Indestructible a lot less. I haven't noticed my shoulder's helping as often as before (I wonder what the chance is on them--seems like 30-40%), but they've helped a few times in clutch moments.

I'm completely set now on Pain Enhancer and Gizzard gems, and I alternate between Toxin and BoT for the third. Can't decide which is better. A key part of my playtstyle is to Steed Charge: Nightmare through everything every five seconds or so. With Toxin, I get a lot of dot damage doing that; without it, not so much.
06/11/2015 08:40 AMPosted by cyberquist
37 down this morning with a few minutes left. It was a pretty good rift, actually, with some big pockets of trash mobs (my bread and butter lol), but no pylon for RG. This build actually isn't too bad for RGs so far. Bowmen offer decent single target damage and can bear the brunt of attacks like Raiziel's Electrified, as long as I remember to stay behind them at mid-range.

Without a Unity, I had to drop Laws of Valor: Critical for Iron Skin. The damage loss is noticeable, but I'm proccing Indestructible a lot less. I haven't noticed my shoulder's helping as often as before (I wonder what the chance is on them--seems like 30-40%), but they've helped a few times in clutch moments.

I'm completely set now on Pain Enhancer and Gizzard gems, and I alternate between Toxin and BoT for the third. Can't decide which is better. A key part of my playtstyle is to Steed Charge: Nightmare through everything every five seconds or so. With Toxin, I get a lot of dot damage doing that; without it, not so much.

Very nice! I think 40 is definitley possible with a decent rift/rg combo. I am going to try to farm a bit more before trying 38 :)
Ty ty. Same to you. I have to admit that seeing you push grifts has motivated me to push harder than I normally would.

I have family in town this weekend, so I won't be able to play much until next week, but I definitely want to keep pushing for 40, which I never would've thought was possible without a set. I just noticed though that I'm almost out of Death's Breaths, so I'm going to have to farm a bit more myself. Still looking for that ancient Heart Slaughter...
I will accept this challenge. I will attempt a monk. Wish me luck !
Finished a 35 last night in 13:30. It went pretty well so I jumped into a 36. Um no! procced 3 times and basically ran for my life lol! took me 16 min to spawn the rg and another 4 to kill him, blood maw, again. that looks like the end of my journey tried switching some gears and skill up today but really didn't improve. but wait just remembered I found a new pair of hexing pants that rolled all resist so maybe a 36 tomorrow??
I just sweated it out in my 3rd 38 attempt. It was basically VotA maps with decent density and a well placed conduit that I dragged Sandshaper back to. The conduit and my cooldown got him to about 50% and I was on my own after that. Finished in 12:47 :)

I recorded the RG fight because I wasn't sure if I would live. I will upload I little later!
Video for my GR38 Sandshaper fight :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo3QLIjQ1Z8
Anyone who make 30+ should past here screenshot with inventory after boss or video like CyLaNt.
06/12/2015 06:09 AMPosted by flyguyPL
Anyone who make 30+ should past here screenshot with inventory after boss or video like CyLaNt.

Good idea...

I keep making progress. Cleared GR26 but still (ugh!) working on my gems (haven't gotten one to 25 yet).
Just found an ancient Storm Crow and a decent pair of lightning APDs. The no-set lightning AT wizard will be making a comeback very soon to exact righteous vengeance.

I'm going to level another wizard this weekend to gear up again. Just need a weapon and source at this point I think. I have an ancient Furnace I could use (4250 dps, 10%/int/vit, 45% elite) but that seems like risky business. I might YOLO it anyway, it's not like I'm using it for anything else!

06/12/2015 06:09 AMPosted by flyguyPL

I've been planning to record my 34/35 attempts and post those.
RIP to Hyperion. He died in a 36 tonight trying to keep up with CyLaNt. Procced almost as soon as I entered the rift but I figured I'd push on anyway. Next room another E and one dead barb. It was a lot of fun this week pushing the rifts but now i'm back to looking for my ancient boulder breaker. Anyone remember when I put it?
06/12/2015 07:17 PMPosted by Skullcrusher
RIP to Hyperion. He died in a 36 tonight trying to keep up with CyLaNt. Procced almost as soon as I entered the rift but I figured I'd push on anyway. Next room another E and one dead barb. It was a lot of fun this week pushing the rifts but now i'm back to looking for my ancient boulder breaker. Anyone remember when I put it?

RIP brother! I have a feeling my days are numbered too lol. It was a nice break from the norm though! Grats on getting to 36!

It is a shame more of our "vets" didn't try this out.
GR 39 went down on try #2.

http://i.imgur.com/hXKqTat.jpg

I have the video of the RG fight. I had no pylons against saxtris. Luckily I was able to get some good charge damage from his spawns. I thought I failed at first because the countdown went away before I killed him but as you can see in the picture, I had plenty of time :P

Same gear I had for my 38 and this is probably the limit unless I get a crazy rift with zombies and unburied. I will update with the video tomorrow when I have time to upload :D
Pet doctor is definitely the best no-set class. I down GR40 using 5Helltooth+RoRG (which is even worst than no-set) quite easily yesterday. I think the limit of no-set doctor is like GR45
06/13/2015 08:17 PMPosted by Warlockening
Pet doctor is definitely the best no-set class. I down GR40 using 5Helltooth+RoRG (which is even worst than no-set) quite easily yesterday. I think the limit of no-set doctor is like GR45

Most agree pet docs do not need sets to be powerful and no doubt could finish the highest. I think the doc we have in the thread is sitting at 31 or so. Please give it a try and post results.
Just finished a 38. Orlash went down quicker than expected, but the fight had some dicey moments. Luckily, I had a Channeling pylon nearby, so some extended Prophet time let me survive the really rough parts.

http://i.imgur.com/aVEQ5k9.png
http://i.imgur.com/J4s0rfO.png

I tried a couple 40s yesterday and the damage just wasn't there, so I dropped Gizzard for BoT and switched back to Divine Verdict instead of Uncertainty on Shield Glare, which is the setup I used for this 38. Without the shield and healing from Gizzard, I have to be super careful to pop either Iron Skin or AC or both as soon as I start to take heavy damage.
06/13/2015 09:36 PMPosted by CyLaNt
Most agree pet docs do not need sets to be powerful and no doubt could finish the highest. I think the doc we have in the thread is sitting at 31 or so. Please give it a try and post results.

I would like to try, but actually I don't really like the rule #2..... I just dont want to level the gems once again.