The obvious problem with D3: nothing matters

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
Highly Rated
White items don't matter.
Blue items don't matter.
Yellow items don't matter.
99% of orange items don't matter (with no exaggeration).
Skills don't matter.

Nothing in this game allows the player to play the game as they'd like to play it. There are 2-3 sets per class; one must be selected. Your skills are determined by which set you're using because of insanely damage amplifiers. The gear you'll use outside of the set is all a homogeneous blob of stats or hyper specific. Any piece of gear that isn't hyper specific for it's effect is just a portrait for specific stats.

There is nothing left for a player to be excited about in this game. White, blue, and yellow items only exist to be salvaged. 99% of all legendary drops don't even need to be ID'd to know they'll be salvaged. The player's desired skill choices are in the shadow of skills being put on a pedestal by class sets.

All this farming, for nothing. It's not as if GRifts are rewarding either; the only point to doing them is to find out how close you've come to the pre-packaged "perfect" for your class. Time trials aren't rewarding gameplay; time trials are "test out my character's power" gameplay.

Baking skill power into sets instead of having skill trees was a mistake.
Weapon damage being 90% of your damage output for all skills for all classes was a mistake.
Placing unused skill runes on legendary items as "legendary effects" was a mistake.

The inescapable truth about D3 is that Blizzard just doesn't care.
Ahh...... This is a holiday for me. After 3000++hours playtime. Have been a blast. Will come back after seasons. Recommend a change of playstyle. Have been blasting energy twister in t6.
Made for kids by kids?
06/12/2015 11:44 PMPosted by Tohki
Nothing in this game allows the player to play the game as they'd like to play it.

Well put.
Highly Rated
My wife, who has played WoW alongside me, but doesn't care for isometric view games like Diablo, coined it this way: "I want a game where I can play my class to get gear, not one that requires me to get gear to play my class".
The obvious problem with D3 is the disconnection problem is always there, unsolvable.
Though I do agree with you OP, consider this:

The obvious problem with life: nothing matters

Or maybe I'm just a focal point of pessimism.. hmm
Secondly, when a game that bases character progression completely around items, and 99% of items don't matter, then that leaves only 1% of character progression. o.O
the game shines when it comes to gameplay.
the best of its kind.. il give some credit to the developers on this issue.

other than that.. yep like OP said.. and i will add that people are starting to quit again,
less games, less friends online.. and as it should.

the system is broken - i wanna FARM for insane rare items.
i want the option to play and reach higher levels with other skills.
the trading issue is pointless because they made a mistake and will never
admit it. every decent multiplayer should have a working trading system.

@Nádia - we paid for the game. we can complain about
issues on these forums as much as we like withing the forum rules.
you don't have to reply on the topic if you don't like to see people
saying negative things about the game.
Very little does matter there's only so many build that are viable a lot of it has to do with so many skills being worthless and your really going to use item that affect skills. Primary's themselves aren't used by almost every class. One way to fix this could be to add a talent tree or "path tree" in the paragon system similar to wow, ( and yes I am aware that people argue this isn't wow) the problem with that is that it's becoming gear based much like wow. In d2 I didn't need to find gear that had frozen orb damage (again i know this isn't d2) the problem with d2 was that you would save your points for the skills you at the end because they were much stronger, but there would be some middle ground with a pathing system. Example passive skills like blunt,towering shield, and any other passive that reduces the cd of a particular skill should be moved to such a system seeing as they only effect certain builds replace those passive skills with something more useful I could go on with this for a while but I'm getting off topic as it is I'll open a new topic discussing this in more detail if anyone cares enough about to listen
06/13/2015 07:07 AMPosted by Nádia
So !@#$!!! IF U DONT LIKE THE GAME ANYMORE DUDE...
STOP PLAYING!!!
You guys cry so much!

Dont like it? DONT PLAY! Problem fixed!

Holy cow. I hate to resort to tired internet memes, but...

You mad bro?
06/13/2015 10:02 AMPosted by Philmors
I love how the people complaining about the game are bothering to go on the forums to !@#$% and moan and act like it sucks really bad. If the game was that bad and did nothing right like they say, why even continue playing the game or complain about it. Very few of the posts criticizing the game actually criticize it fairly nor do they even mention the positives the game has.

people are saying good things about the game. hell like 2 posts before
i said its the best of its kind. but it has too major issues that ruin the entire
experience. just take 2 mins to think about the lack of skills you can use
from the whole tree skill for each char.. the sets ruined it. you can't make
your own build anymore.. unless you feel fine playing lower rifts. that's a big big
big issue for players that seek the true purpose of this game.

its fine for CASUAL players.

myself for example along with my 2 best buddies - quited few weeks ago
and playing other games until they will decide to fix some serious issues.
so don't think people are still playing and complaining :)

if i wont come and complain about the game issues, who will ?
the game got improved several times also by people who came
to complain and throw their ideas.
Nothing in this game allows the player to play the game as they'd like to play it.

I like playing how I do just fine.

Bunch of malcontents trying to speak for everyone.. Just stop.
I am so beyond ready for you disgruntled people to leave these forums so that fans of the Diablo series can discuss D3.
06/13/2015 10:17 AMPosted by Gravy

Totally agree. The question is what are we going to do about it Gravy?
06/13/2015 10:10 AMPosted by coh

There's constructive criticism that mentions that the game is good in other factors as well as telling how the problem is a problem and fixing it. Then there's nothing but pointless whining that gets nothing across or whine about something they know for sure Blizzard is not going to change any time soon.

06/13/2015 10:17 AMPosted by Gravy

Pretty much what I feel. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of things that need to be fixed like updating more of the crappy legendary items, replacing Grift Trials, fixing unavoidable damage, etc. Those are things that are more likely to be fixed by Blizzard than whining about things like to bring back trading for example.
06/13/2015 10:10 AMPosted by coh

There's constructive criticism that mentions that the game is good in other factors as well and then there's nothing but pointless whining that gets nothing across or whine about something they know for sure Blizzard is not going to change any time soon.

cant agree on that.

constructive criticism will also come when players are playing
10 hours a day. they can see it. im the first guy to take my hat off to guys like Blizz
bringing polished and excellent games over the years.

i also pay for it, and spend time on it.

when they are telling me what skills to use ( the current situation now in D3 )
in order to move forward with the community - the game lost its purpose.

and as i said before - this situation is alright for casual players that look
to kill time and enjoy it. myself i prefer the challenge, farming and playing the
way i choose to play. when im limited by items - im moving on to the next games.

most of the players in D3 are considered casual.. that's their major audience..
that's why im not expecting anything in the near future.. and i also not expecting
casual players to understand me.