Blizzard the truth...

General Discussion
06/05/2015 06:33 PMPosted by kcbandit
You guys clearly know what you are doing. Really appreciate the feedback Blizzard. It's an excellent game, and you should be extremely proud of what you have accomplished.

Or they can take a few minutes watch the early gameplay vids of lost ark and realize how much lost potential this game has. Blizzard should be a world leader in producing the unequivocal best games for what ever genre they design. That is what they should strive for and that is what they are currently falling short off.

They are too spoiled by WoW and their recent developments have left a lot to be desired. They have become complacent with their cash cow that pretty much will always have a solid player base due to how addicting the game has been. So there will always be those addicted players regardless of the overall decline of the game.

Anyways wish North American devs would step up and compete with the Koreans because it's super annoying waiting years if ever for good games from the east.

I wrote that in an unrelated thread and figured it warranted its own topic. Curious what other people think. It just bothers me knowing the potential the company has and watching that potential gradually go to waste.
Lost Ark, Umbra, Path of Exile and Grim Dawn are all being made by smaller developers. Yet still they try to bring new interessting stuff to the genre.

What new stuff did Dianlo 3 bring besides Real money auction house?

Yes D3 is a low priority for them at best it will get some minimal amount of content in a overpriced expansion.
06/06/2015 09:44 AMPosted by Evilsausage
Lost Ark, Umbra, Path of Exile and Grim Dawn are all being made by smaller developers. Yet still they try to bring new interessting stuff to the genre.

What new stuff did Dianlo 3 bring besides Real money auction house?

Yes D3 is a low priority for them at best it will get some minimal amount of content in a overpriced expansion.

The real question is why is D3 low priority to begin with? They have the resources and the ability to have made it the most dominant game of its genre. When you step back and analyze what the game was made to be its almost sickening. Especially when you consider what other much smaller companies with far less resources are able to pump out.

They need to become hungry again and move past their achievement with WoW and start to pump out next generation games to the old standard of blizzard games that we have loved in the past. Games that fail to be rivaled by any other company.
06/06/2015 08:26 AMPosted by Incognito
06/05/2015 06:33 PMPosted by kcbandit
You guys clearly know what you are doing. Really appreciate the feedback Blizzard. It's an excellent game, and you should be extremely proud of what you have accomplished.

Blizzard should be a world leader in producing the unequivocal best games for what ever genre they design.

I agree wholeheartedly. And they do.

Odd to quote me out of the context of another thread, but it does stand on its own. As does your comment.

Thanks.
06/06/2015 09:44 AMPosted by Evilsausage

Low priority because of the current low expectations, and the current low expectations because of the bad design decisions.

How much are raising the PoE team from microtransactions, even with way less resources/marketing/players/etc... ? How much would Blizz raise with the correct decisions to mantain the core of the more than 20 million customers of Vanilla D3?
What would you expect them to learn from that game? First of all it ia an MMOarpg and not the same genre as D3. Second WoW has slain every one of them to come to the states. I watched a video and noticed that no matter which class they were they all got a lot of use of that crashing explosion.

There is nothing for Blizzard to learn from that game.