Monk
Wait until next patch when you don't have to self-farm 8xGR43 keys to even try this.

No one really cares about solo speed clears currently, next patch it may be sought after.

Which gear and skill setup is the best for speed-farming GR43 ? "Torment 12"

Rules:
1. Clear 8 subsequent 43 greater rifts.
2. Only count the time from entering the rift until rift guardian is dead.

Open for all classes, and whatever gear combinations you want.

Timer starts when you enter the first rift and ends when you killed the rift guardian. Resetting (leaving and continuing) games after clearing a rift to skip the 30 sec rift closing wait is not allowed - to keep the circumstances somewhat even for all participants. If you do not stay in the game, you´ll gain a 60 sec penalty for each reset, up to 7 minutes.

We all know there is a lot of RNG involved in rifts so the requirement of running 8 in a row is there to slightly even out the odds. GR43 is roughly equal to T12 and 8 GRs means 2K shards,

When you post your result, please include the following information:
> total time (minutes and seconds)
> your build
> link to your character
> description / explanation of your setup

Optionally, you can keep track of your gold, XP and legendary gain during the challenge.

Recording the run is not a requirement, but it would help to prove the validity for the top scores.

This is a friendly competition for those who may lack the motivation to play these days or are tired of running group/leech greater rifts.

Solo rift clearing is still a somewhat relevant metagame.

Good luck and have fun.

Competition standings:

1. Det0x (21:16) - Wastes6/Oath2 F&R zCDR
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18121282883#3
06/14/2015 04:45 PMPosted by Det0x
The keys can be farmed in way under 10 minutes

So people with no motivation are expected to do trial key farming?

yea.

how about, "any entry under X time gets 4 free uber runs for 1x Hellfire"

That's motivation if you really want to run this thing for your own ego <3
Heisenberg, such runs were pretty popular way back in 1.0.8 and kept a lot of people into the game after playing for an eternity on the same patch while basically everyone was waiting for the RoS-beta to launch.

It is to give people something else to do besides leveling their Paragon or grinding new Ancients, not just for having the fastest clear time and being #1 on a ladder somewhere (I mean, of course you want to get there, but you get what I mean).
Don't feed trollberg.
Considering he is he only entry and currently shotgunning this same thread across every sub forum and it's just a way to justify his own personal gear investment in D3!

Put up a reward for the top time per class after 2 weeks

<3
06/15/2015 07:31 AMPosted by Heisenberg
it's just a way to justify his own personal gear investment in D3!

While a potential motivator, it's also true that some people just like friendly competitions because they are fun. Thanks Detox for organizing this friendly competition. It makes the game better. It's not something he has to do...

06/14/2015 03:43 PMPosted by Heisenberg
self-farm 8xGR43 keys to even try this

I do agree that this is too much. But that ship has already sailed, really. It should have been 4-5 keys. Those that want to RNG the 4-5 runs to their advantage would be free to do so, and that could skew results. But, x8 really is a disincentive for folks like me, with no keys in bank, extreme dislike of trials, and limited play time. I doubt I'll participate with the x8. The overhead is way too high.
True, I guess if I couldn't get into the top 100 of the built-in greater rift leaderboards either I would also create my own "competition" with arbitrary rules such to suit my specific character limits such that I could be #1.

GR43? Why not GR41? That's the most reasonable level anyone in 2.3 will WANT to solo since it is the tier where Blood Shards cap at 250. T12? Please.

8x too much. If you want actual submissions go 1x and maybe those videos may be fun to watch to laugh at the RNG needed.
Hosting a competition is a pain, not an ego trip. Detox "spammed" it to include all classes, since many people don't venture into more than one or two class forums. It's just something else to do if you are losing motivation at this late stage of the recent patch/era. Yes, GR41 makes more sense than GR43 from a max efficiency farming standpoint. However, for highly geared players, it would become too much of a movement speed contest. It also plays off the once highly popular T6 competition, but scaled for the massive power creep. The old contest was 10 runs, so it's down to 8. I would prefer 5 too, but if you are running them in under 3 minutes, it's not a big deal.
@ detox,this sounds like fun ,thanks for bringing the challenge aspect to the game :D. I have about 15 gr 43 keys now I might try this over the weekend and post nice to see a barb come on monk page with a fun challenge !!!! Peace
Didn't mean to dissuade you from hosting this, just that the state the current game is in mid-season lol and the current annoyances with the game (trials) are reaching an all time high, that you should modify the 'competition' to something that makes sense for 2.3, and reducing the height of the 'entry fee'/gate to even compete in the first place.

Since you seem to be changing it already:

• Make the competition GR41 - 250 shards, easy enough for plenty of builds to compete
  • Reduce the ritts to max 3 in a row, or preferably just 1 rift. RNG is RNG, no point to triple it.
  • Provide a reward for the #1 in the class or HC/SC or overall at the end of the season/era. It could be as simple as a Hellfire Ring, a legacy item you can't obtain anymore, or a mention by a D3 blog post
  • After requests, i tried to do something good for the community.

But got little response, other than being bashed and ridiculed for the most part.

Iam out, host your own challenge
    06/15/2015 04:30 PMPosted by Det0x
    After requests, i tried to do something good for the community.

But got little response, other than being bashed and ridiculed for the most part.

Sadly, welcome to the current state of the monk forums.

This is why most OG monks don't come and post because of the trollberg.
    Kudos though on giving it a go!

Hberg, have realised that your postings have been asinine to this forum?
    What was the challenge?

Why is it so hard to keep criticism constructive?

You know it is okay to disagree with people or to not participate.

PS changing the topic to ' . ' is just going to make people more interested-- is there actually a way to ask for topic to be removed or does one just report themselves?

Wow, so Heisenberg managed to chase away someone that was only trying to do something interesting, has been part of many community initiatives and has participated and organized many fun events and competitions in the past.

I believe this goes back to the legendary farming competitions in Vanilla, the demonic essence farming competitions and more recently the speed T6 competitions.

Det0x, please don't let such posts detract you and discourage you. I am sure there are others who found the competition interesting. I for example didn't post anything, but checked out the original post and even started thinking about the logistics of recording the runs (video, etc.). I would also be very interested in seeing and learning from the results and I am sure it would be quite entertaining to even just watch.

No one really cares about solo speed clears currently, next patch it may be sought after.

Guess what Heisenberg, your role model Druin not only supported these past initiatives, but also competed in them and inspired the monk community or at least some of it to do better, farm more efficiently and take a more critical look at how things were done. This has the potential to open up new build ideas and new ways of farming, and make the game a bit more interesting at the middle of a long season/era when a lot of people are starting to lose interest. The fact that you are not interested or maybe not able to compete doesn't mean that others wouldn't be either and at least you can state your concerns in a bit more polite way.

06/15/2015 11:07 AMPosted by Heisenberg
    True, I guess if I couldn't get into the top 100 of the built-in greater rift leaderboards either I would also create my own "competition" with arbitrary rules such to suit my specific character limits such that I could be #1.

I wonder what that competition would be given that as far as I can tell you can't seem to get into the top 100 of the GR leaderboards. Please make a competition where you think you'll be #1 and let us know!

Lets see, after 1 day of asking for entries across every class forum and you had...

Barb - 10 reply, 0 entry
    Crusader - 1 reply, 0 entry
    DH - 1 reply, 0 entry
    Wizard - 0 reply 0 entry
    WD - 0 reply, 0 entry
    Monk, 12 reply, 0 entry

for a grad total of... 0 entries, you give up? You need to give people TIME to farm keys bro! T6 competition is easy since EVERYONE has like 500 rift keys, but probably 0.001% have 8x GR43 keys ready to go. <3

Lets see, after 1 day of asking for entries across every class forum and you had...

Barb - 10 reply, 0 entry
    Crusader - 1 reply, 0 entry
    DH - 1 reply, 0 entry
    Wizard - 0 reply 0 entry
    WD - 0 reply, 0 entry
    Monk, 12 reply, 0 entry

for a grad total of... 0 entries, you give up? You need to give people TIME to farm keys bro! T6 competition is easy since EVERYONE has like 500 rift keys, but probably 0.001% have 8x GR43 keys ready to go. <3

cant wait until you quit this game. you are such a negative aspect of the monk community and im so sick of seeing you post anything at all. who are you to even call this OP out? are you in top 1000 in any leaderboards at all or just your posts count?
    06/16/2015 01:52 AMPosted by Lazar

Wow, so Heisenberg managed to chase away someone that was only trying to do something interesting, has been part of many community initiatives and has participated and organized many fun events and competitions in the past.

I believe this goes back to the legendary farming competitions in Vanilla, the demonic essence farming competitions and more recently the speed T6 competitions.

Det0x, please don't let such posts detract you and discourage you. I am sure there are others who found the competition interesting. I for example didn't post anything, but checked out the original post and even started thinking about the logistics of recording the runs (video, etc.). I would also be very interested in seeing and learning from the results and I am sure it would be quite entertaining to even just watch.

Guess what Heisenberg, your role model Druin not only supported these past initiatives, but also competed in them and inspired the monk community or at least some of it to do better, farm more efficiently and take a more critical look at how things were done. This has the potential to open up new build ideas and new ways of farming, and make the game a bit more interesting at the middle of a long season/era when a lot of people are starting to lose interest. The fact that you are not interested or maybe not able to compete doesn't mean that others wouldn't be either and at least you can state your concerns in a bit more polite way.

06/15/2015 11:07 AMPosted by Heisenberg

I wonder what that competition would be given that as far as I can tell you can't seem to get into the top 100 of the GR leaderboards. Please make a competition where you think you'll be #1 and let us know!

Well said!