Hellfire event changes

Aus/NZ General Discussion
Hi all,
Along with the many changes we announced for patch 2.3 we also just mentioned that there will be significant adjustments to the Hellfire event:

06/24/2015 02:12 PMPosted by Travis Day
This is a very large patch so we were unable to fit ALL the awesome changes into the preview blog. There are changes to the Hellfire event structure coming in the next patch. Keywardens will now directly drop Infernal Machines instead of Keys and the Hellfire Amulet now has a socket built in.

Check them out once they hit ptr and let us know what you all think! =)
yay auto socket.... now just need just need auto roll main stat, chc and chd and then there will be no need for farming
sounds good, however i hope they make the event itself more relevant as opposed to the 3 second dps race it is at the moment
06/24/2015 05:06 PMPosted by NickBaldyM
yay auto socket.... now just need just need auto roll main stat, chc and chd and then there will be no need for farming

In your dreams Nick, lol

They will never make a craftable amulet auto roll with such stats.

At least they have listened and made a sock guaranteed. But what will be the drop rates in T10? If its 50% it will still be a very tedious endeavour.

PS, damn captchas
While the changes are good, there are some things that need to be clarified:

- Is the built-in socket counted in with the 4 random primary affixes or not?
- What about the Hellfire Ring? That thing is garbage and needs improvements.
- The drop rates on the machines
- There have been suggestions to include the proximity pings / arrows for keywardens, the same map indicators used for bounty objectives. Any news on that?
- What would happen to existing keys?
It's still gonna be a pain finding the Act 2 keywarden. He needs to be moved to a slightly smaller map.
06/24/2015 06:43 PMPosted by Cavar
It's still gonna be a pain finding the Act 2 keywarden. He needs to be moved to a slightly smaller map.
I agree they need to move onto a smaller map.

PS. I'm not human
Well, this is certainly and improvement.
But since we will be able to store the power of jewelry in the upcoming cube, why not just put a perfect amulet and keep the legendary power of the hellfire passive?
'course, Blizz could always make it an exception.
06/24/2015 07:29 PMPosted by Маскателз
Well, this is certainly and improvement.
But since we will be able to store the power of jewelry in the upcoming cube, why not just put a perfect amulet and keep the legendary power of the hellfire passive?
'course, Blizz could always make it an exception.

Hellfire amulet passives cannot be extracted with the cube.
The bigger problem with the hellfire amulet is that it autorolls main stat and for a perfect one, you want to reroll the main stat to have ele dmg, crit chance, crit damage, socket.

I'd rather have no fix main stat and no fix socket and let's say choose the element than have both fixed main stat and socket.
My question is will there be TX ubers? If so will T6 Still be 100% drop chance? If there is TX ubers they should up the chance of better rolls on ammy or something. Though I would be keen for TX ubers just for a challenge. Ubers really need a scaling fix imo, it's boring as Hell.

Even if they would reset the portals after a set was completed and you could talk to the healer or something to accept closing current portals to redo, instead of the constant new games could be nice also.

This small fix to the event is good though, maybe I can finally get a decent one. :)
06/24/2015 05:12 PMPosted by JCJC
sounds good, however i hope they make the event itself more relevant as opposed to the 3 second dps race it is at the moment

06/24/2015 09:14 PMPosted by Azza
My question is will there be TX ubers? If so will T6 Still be 100% drop chance? If there is TX ubers they should up the chance of better rolls on ammy or something. Though I would be keen for TX ubers just for a challenge. Ubers really need a scaling fix imo, it's boring as Hell.

I assuming that chance to drop Infernal Machines and organs on T6 will be like 60% and T10 will be 100% or near that. It will be harder but you will get it ... this could mean no more split farming. How hard T10 will be ... we will see :)
Omg,that's the one of the worst ideas of activision-blizzard.You remove the leg mats,trading,now that..I not playing the game 2 months ago,because there's no any challenge,makes a new hero ,you can been boosted for 40 seconds 1-70 level,the interesting part is when you find items that you need and when you're full equip,you go on T6 and destroy the mobs.

PUT MORE CHALLENGES,DON'T REMOVE THE CURRENT ONES!
06/25/2015 12:58 AMPosted by peace

Torment 7-10 will be added.

And the current challenge of tedious key farming, piss easy ubers for underwhelming hellfires isn't a challenge to begin with.

Here's hoping at least that TX difficulty will be a challenge like ubers were in vanilla... I'd much prefer machines to be dropped so I spend less time farming for keys, super hard ubers (where even Ryoka and YD would have trouble carrying us on), and well rolled hellfire ammys that makes beating the ubers all the more satisfying.
Yeah Mugsy, it should be a challenge with perma cc gone in the next patch and if T10 is like GR50+

Just did a HF run last night and demolished those ubers in under 2 minutes, possibly a minute, solo. That says a lot of how bad they are in current state and not keeping up with the power creep.
06/25/2015 05:33 PMPosted by jtcdgroup
Just did a HF run last night and demolished those ubers in under 2 minutes, possibly a minute, solo. That says a lot of how bad they are in current state and not keeping up with the power creep.

Ah, come on. Take of some gear for a challenge. Go naked and bare fisted like a real barb should.

lol
^

You are thinking D2, you could do that in D2 but not D3. Take away all the gear and this invincible warrior becomes a running chicken, and not the WD Hex kind. After all 99% of your dps and toughness comes from gears unlike D2. lol

Torment 7-10 will be added.

This patch needed T10. Lets just hope that with the additional power creep the cube brings the new T10 offers some challenging content, like T6 was in early RoS.
I do recall a statement about reducing incoming damage with the nerf of cc.
06/26/2015 03:03 AMPosted by GoPies
I do recall a statement about reducing incoming damage with the nerf of cc.

Yeah... if a reduction in incoming damage doesn't happen... the only way to play this game without cc would be ranged or unhindered movement abilities for all meelee classes .... wouldnt it? :)