PATCH 2.3.0

Console Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Do we get this one on ps4 sometime soon?
No
The current plan is to deploy the PS4 and Xbox One patch at the same time as the PC as we have previously done. This is subject to change, though, so we'll be sure to keep you all updated as we get closer to the patch date.
In the last dev diary thing you mentioned that 2,2 was all about the 3 new sets for 3 classes and a revamp to rings and that 2.3 will be the 3 new sets for the other 3 classes PLUS a revamp of most weapons...

Is the weapons revamp still on the cards? What you did with the rings was cool in that you made rings far better than the usual Unity/RoRG so I hope the same will be true of weapons...
06/23/2015 12:55 PMPosted by homerjnick
In the last dev diary thing you mentioned that 2,2 was all about the 3 new sets for 3 classes and a revamp to rings and that 2.3 will be the 3 new sets for the other 3 classes PLUS a revamp of most weapons...

Is the weapons revamp still on the cards? What you did with the rings was cool in that you made rings far better than the usual Unity/RoRG so I hope the same will be true of weapons...

chances of this post being answered by a blue are about the same as finding an ancient kridershot with 12 disc.

in other words, possible, but most likelly ain't gonna happen.
06/23/2015 02:49 PMPosted by Chorro
06/23/2015 12:55 PMPosted by homerjnick

chances of this post being answered by a blue are about the same as finding an ancient kridershot with 12 disc.

in other words, possible, but most likelly ain't gonna happen.

Maybe, but still nice to see! This new stuff is exciting and I'm sure they'll focus on the obvious yes/no answers for now. We're going to get it eventually =P
Please, Blizzard. I implore you to announce formally that previous gen consoles like the PS3 and XBOX 360 will not be receiving this patch. Please announce this information in plain English without any pandering so that the console forums will not be flooded with previous gen players complaining or asking why they didn't get it.
06/23/2015 07:12 PMPosted by Deadfall
Why , they didnt get 2.2.0 only a true worthless idiot-reprobate would think they were getting this one .

Yeah but there are loads of them around on these forums...
by the way, once the PTR hits the servers i'll be playing heavily to test the new stuff out.

i'll keep you guys posted ^^
so is CC gonna be completely useless now or what? because thats what i got from what was said about the 2.3 patch. Or are CC builds still gonna be useful?
Even if it's a nerf to permanent lockdowns, wd and sader still will provide temporary lock down with the huge dps boosts. Gotta wait and see as PTR rolls out.
Please, Blizzard. I implore you to announce formally that previous gen consoles like the PS3 and XBOX 360 will not be receiving this patch. Please announce this information in plain English without any pandering so that the console forums will not be flooded with previous gen players complaining or asking why they didn't get it.

so does this mean that ps3 and xbox 360 console players will have to get an XBOX ONE or PS4 to recieve the patch update if they didn't receive 2.2 and have to wait for 2.3 to release?
They have already said at the launch of UEE, only current gen (xb1 and ps4) will be getting any kind of support.

xbox 360 and ps3 versions are dead
06/24/2015 07:45 PMPosted by Trghost7

so does this mean that ps3 and xbox 360 console players will have to get an XBOX ONE or PS4 to recieve the patch update if they didn't receive 2.2 and have to wait for 2.3 to release?

Already been said..

should have traded in your Xbox 360 or PS3 (I got $175 credit for my PS3 Slim 250GB that I bought for $199 a few years back) and bought a 1TB Xbox One. Your old characters can transfer to the new systems, so it's not like all of that work was for nothing.

I'm glad to be playing on the TV again, I really do like the console version of the game with all of the latest updates that the PC has.. stopped playing on the 360 once they were dead.
The new patch 2.3.0 and difficulty levels will be epic! thank you blizzard, more updates please and put the vampiric and other removed elite/champions affixes back in the game!
This may or may not have been asked but, was there a current release date for patch 2.3? I also gotta say I am also very impressed with the progress that has been made in such short term.
Whenever I read something new about this game, it puts a smile on face. I just can't get enough D3.
Sometime in August is the best we got.

Tough to complain about a free upgrade to an already awesome game.

Don't worry about the date. Focus on what to do with the materials and rift keys you have.
06/24/2015 02:16 AMPosted by homerjnick
06/23/2015 07:12 PMPosted by Deadfall
Why , they didnt get 2.2.0 only a true worthless idiot-reprobate would think they were getting this one .

Yeah but there are loads of them around on these forums...

Wow, such a lot of hate for people who are enjoying an awesome game released on a platform you guys all loved and cherished for more than half a decade.

PS3 and 360 players are playing the same game as you. They are as entitled to the latest updates as you are.

Show some decency and respect.