CoB Era will be back...hopefully...

Witch Doctor
That 800% set bonus buff on CoB should be pretty good.

but how to keep the mob around WD safely?
especially if they are going to remove perm CC tiki....
will (perm) hex good enough?
So far, no channeling skill is successful.... well, except WW (but that allow the player to keep moving)

(I wish my CoB WD could move around too when channeling )
06/28/2015 07:18 PMPosted by oldtortuga96

That would actually be a pretty awesome change, if only because WW is so successful.

We will have to wait and see how effective ToH is for the AoE pull. Swampland Attunement in theory will help, but probably not nearly enough, have to see in the new damage scaling meta.
06/28/2015 08:15 PMPosted by Bruce
4 pieces: [After applying Necrosis to an enemy, you take 50% reduced damage for 10 seconds.]
50% damage reduction from 4 pieces and possible ukhapian for more 30%, with passive + 15% we should be ok with toughness this time.

Really it's just the same as a unity. Compared with a barb, we are still behind. If you use uhk, you need dogs, if you use unity you either need to cube it or lose F/R potentially. About the same as zuni 4p at the end of the day, that seems to be the new set design- 4p gives you some survival bump ~ equal to a unity.
increasing Radius of CoB would be nice

though its my least favorite skill on wd
06/28/2015 10:48 PMPosted by REAPER666
increasing Radius of CoB would be nice

though its my least favorite skill on wd

or kana cube the Ess of Johan
06/28/2015 07:47 PMPosted by Nesa
06/28/2015 07:18 PMPosted by oldtortuga96

That would actually be a pretty awesome change, if only because WW is so successful.

We will have to wait and see how effective ToH is for the AoE pull. Swampland Attunement in theory will help, but probably not nearly enough, have to see in the new damage scaling meta.

True. "WW WD" would be nice haha
06/29/2015 05:21 AMPosted by VeNoMxBR
"WW WD" would be nice haha

Rather "Tornado WD" ^^
I don't like CoB even during its hay day. The AoE is too small and you have to face tank as a squishy range class. You can't use defensive skills in between or you have to ramp up damage again and spend more mana.
It played differently than pretty much any other Witch Doctor skill so I appreciated it for that.
CoB is my favorite play style. (I love CoB and lumbering bear.....)

The new Toad of Hugeness will pull multiple mobs, chew them and apply poison dmg when it spit them out. That poison damage can reduce their damage abit w/ bad medicine.
Casting ToH should not break the channel and we may interleave that with skills like SW, horrify, confusion, piranhado, etc.

the broken promise ring can give us 100%cc while channeling... CoE ring works like a champ ofc.
zodiac and boston rings may not work with channeling skills....

grin reaper mask, add 2 clones which have 100% damage of WD's skill...
I just love that we are finally talking about getting to use mana skills and ANY Bats skill at all once again!

All of the bat skills have been some of my favorite skills since starting WD, and it's actually the most fun I have, currently, when starting a new season - using bats actually works... until a point.

Hope to see it as end-game material once again.

Would love to see two things for Cloud of Bats - cast while moving and a larger radius. I would ask for a larger "base" radius here, but if I have to make a compromise, then perhaps let it scale with pick-up radius (thinking ToTD here...).
Cloud of bats has always felt limited to me, but I would welcome playing with poison bats again. It even makes more sense with items like focus and restraint as well as not punishing you for dodging affixes every two seconds. -_-

A few of the bats runes could really do with some review.
06/29/2015 05:52 PMPosted by Surijak
Cloud of bats has always felt limited to me, but I would welcome playing with poison bats again. It even makes more sense with items like focus and restraint as well as not punishing you for dodging affixes every two seconds. -_-

if you wanna use the set ring, I think the non-channeling skills like ZC (bears) should be a better choice.
Oh, I'm not too worried about the set, it was just a convenient example of flexibility.