so, the cube...

General Discussion
is it a drop? crafted? an inherent part of each character...?
quest reward
Everyone is concentrating on the possibilities of what they could do with Kanai's Cube. That is great and all, because we all have questions on how it all works.

But my question is, how difficult would it be to obtain Kanai's Cube. Is the quest reward a guaranteed drop or is it going to drop like the rate of the Ram's Cube? I have gotten about 25-30 Ram's cubes so far, so its not extremely rare, but I just want to know how difficult it would be to gather them.

Initially, I'm only playing dh because I'm used to the toon and don't want to deal with stash space for more classes, but I think this new cube will open up stash space as I can melt a lot of the items I have been saving.
06/24/2015 08:07 AMPosted by cknopp
quest reward

Source?
I have a feeling that getting the cube will work similar to getting the hellfire pieces worked in mp days, T1 10% chance up to T10 being 100% chance. Assuming it ends up as a chance drop
It may be a craftable consumable that requires the rare drop cache only materials after getting a rare recipe drop from the boss.

It may be a rare drop off the boss requiring 100s of runs.

It may be a quest reward.

It may be...
06/24/2015 09:15 AMPosted by BDF
Source?

At the end of the new zone description above the Cube description: " including the lost Tomb of King Kanai and his ultimate treasure—Kanai’s Cube."
Hmm, we are going to kill som dude who has it I think. Probably always drop.
06/24/2015 09:21 AMPosted by Blackglitch
I have a feeling that getting the cube will work similar to getting the hellfire pieces worked in mp days, T1 10% chance up to T10 being 100% chance. Assuming it ends up as a chance drop

I prefer a guaranteed drop for a quest reward that is difficult. I guess I wouldn't mind HF type journey either... let's hope its not too hard though, and I honestly hope that it is not based on some kind of RNG.

I'd prefer make it a special bounty/exploration type of reward. Gives us a reason to play those runs.
06/24/2015 09:26 AMPosted by Spectre
At the end of the new zone description above the Cube description: " including the lost Tomb of King Kanai and his ultimate treasure—Kanai’s Cube."

Thank you:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19802338/patch-230-ptr-preview-6-23-2015#zone

In Patch 2.3.0, the frozen wasteland that is the Ruins of Sescheron will open for exploration. Here you’ll face off against strange new enemies and perilous environmental hazards, all while unearthing new mysteries from the lore of the mighty Barbarians. Those brave enough to make it through in one piece will discover curious new points of interest, including the lost Tomb of King Kanai and his ultimate treasure—Kanai’s Cube.
06/24/2015 08:07 AMPosted by cknopp
quest reward
since we can call this game WOW junior it is logical it is a quest reward!
You can find plenty of them in the Gamma Quadrant.
The Cube, for all intents and purposes, is like a new artisan. Once it's acquired (by completing a quest in the new Ruins of Sescheron zone), you'll be able to access it in each of the Act hubs. This unlock also works similarly to other artisans — you'll need to unlock it once in each game mode (Hardcore, Normal, Normal Seasonal, Hardcore Seasonal).

This does also mean that, like leveling up your Blacksmith or Jeweler, you'll need to unlock it each Season. It's a pretty quick process, though. :)
Ok :-)
06/24/2015 02:39 PMPosted by Nevalistis
The Cube, for all intents and purposes, is like a new artisan. Once it's acquired (by completing a quest in the new Ruins of Sescheron zone), you'll be able to access it in each of the Act hubs. This unlock also works similarly to other artisans — you'll need to unlock it once in each game mode (Hardcore, Normal, Normal Seasonal, Hardcore Seasonal).

This does also mean that, like leveling up your Blacksmith or Jeweler, you'll need to unlock it each Season. It's a pretty quick process, though. :)

love it!

Runes next plz , and things like enigma ! HammerSader that can tele count me in!
Very cool, a craftable item. We can spend more time on builds rather than finding the cubes themselves!
06/24/2015 02:39 PMPosted by Nevalistis

I guess the logical follow-up question here would be, how does this work in Adventure Mode?

Because currently, you can unlock the Artisans by simply starting up an Adventure Mode game. Or also Town Portal. You either have to complete the Broken Crown quest (or just before completion), or again, just start an Adventure Mode game.

I'd assume that you want us to see the Ruins of Secheron at least once, so that shortcut is ... less than desired. So then is the quest event available in Adventure Mode too? Or will we need to complete Campaign up through Act 3 to unlock it?
06/24/2015 02:51 PMPosted by InfinityZero
I guess the logical follow-up question here would be, how does this work in Adventure Mode?

The Ruins of Sescheron do not appear in Campaign mode — they are an Adventure Mode exclusive. As a byproduct, unlocking Kanai's Cube requires Adventure Mode.
Well, that answered that question, short and sweet. Thank you.

Now I have no more questions on the matter. So hyped.