Well rolled Tal ammy is too hard to achieve

Wizard
Been playing S3 since it started. Have not rolled ONE tal ammy with CC or socket. Why does this have to roll vitality? What other set item is this hard to achieve? I've gotten probably 12 of them within the last week. The one I am wearing is the best I've found. Still no socket.

/rant
/unrant, got two in a week, a 9.5/96/690 INT (rolled soc) and a 8/100/720 INT (rolled soc).
It's not only possible, it's probable...
So because you got two good ones in a week means that overall the odds are good in general? I'm glad we could have a wise statistician help clarify the issue, thanks.
I'm paragon 720 this season. I've found ONE int/chc/chd/socket amulet. And it's pretty crappy: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TinneOnnMuin-1187/hero/61733425

Someone in my clan looted one yesterday with 980 int, 90 crit damage, and a native socket. So jelly.
06/22/2015 10:34 PMPosted by ncG8RforLIFE
The one I am wearing is the best I've found. Still no socket.

You might better off rolling the crit to a socket. You have 60% CHD and 454% CHD right now. So a 1 + 0.6*4.54 = 3.724 crit multiplier. If you rolled the CHC to a socket you'd have a 1 + 0.5*4.54 = 3.27 crit multiplier. 3.724/3.27 = 1.1388 = 13.9% damage gain from crit. So if a gem gives you more than 13.9% damage it'll beat out a crit roll.

... actually now that I crunch those numbers, that could be kinda close. I don't think a Toxin will give you that much damage since the 10% is additive and you are already running MW, EE, and a Taeguk. So the crit might actually be better. Carry on!
06/23/2015 06:02 AMPosted by ncG8RforLIFE
So because you got two good ones in a week means that overall the odds are good in general? I'm glad we could have a wise statistician help clarify the issue, thanks.

the 19% fire prob aint a huge drop from toxin... just curious, what is your best GR with two gems?

Ive found 3 int/cc/cd/socket tals ammies, one im wearing is by far the best (previous was 720 int / 80 cd / 9 cc native, rolled socket)
I'd gladly trade my well-rolled Tal's Ammy for an Ancient SS or AW. So, I'm hijacking your QQ and making it my own. A good Tal's Ammy just increases stats, while SS and AW both 'unlock' playstyles that are *required*(ish) for certain set-ups.

My whining wins. :P
The one I am wearing was given to me pre 2.2 patch when tals was bad, since then I've never found one close.

And I play a lot ....
06/22/2015 10:34 PMPosted by ncG8RforLIFE
Have not rolled ONE tal ammy with CC or socket

MAY RNGZEUS BLESS US ALL

I can't complain too much.. but this amulet eludes me too and I can't wait to get one.
Rolling amulets with Kadala is fun for the whole family...
Oh, no doubt that they're difficult to drop Booz...that's a given.

I just think that IF you have to have difficulty on drops, having it be difficulty on your weapon is without-argument the worst spot to struggle.

But at least when I run around hitting with a wet noodle weapon, I can look at my ammy and take some comfort in the fact that if trading were still around, I could have the weapon I want. (Not asking for an AH, just for the option to trade. We swung the pendulum too far, imo.)
still have yet to find a good one too... paragon 770, and while i realize it's not a lot in todays botting standards, i sunk thousands of hours in this game

i see them drop now and again, but its been all insta salvage trash

it may be possible, but certainly not probable
Well it's not a super rare drop, this is why I don't call it an impossible feat to find one. The fixed vitality stat makes it a bit harder to find a good rolled one, but at least it always rolls CHD, so it could be worse.

My experiences with it haven't been great since I haven't found any close to being good.

Stuff like this makes me wish there was a way to pin point target what we want. aka make it all gear a craft able item with extreme costs for sets and ultra rares.

AT least this gives us a crying chance to get something that we want......
rng is rng

i have a 10/92/os (prev 20%fire) from the 2.0 era

this seasons toon has got:

10/80/os
8.5/99/os
10/100/7 ias

+ at least another 5 cc/cd/os capable ones (lower than the above) that i either gave away or just salvaged....

yet after more than 20 aw drops none have been ancient.....
rng is rng

They explicitly adjusted Sunwuko amulet and Zuni ring to eradicate this exact problem in those two sets.

There really is zero reason not to do the same for Tal's.
06/23/2015 10:05 AMPosted by ximae
rng is rng

i have a 10/92/os (prev 20%fire) from the 2.0 era

this seasons toon has got:

10/80/os
8.5/99/os
10/100/7 ias

+ at least another 5 cc/cd/os capable ones (lower than the above) that i either gave away or just salvaged....

yet after more than 20 aw drops none have been ancient.....

I've found 4 Tal Ammys I could roll Int/CC/CD/Socket (two of them were bad, like <60 CD I gave away). My current is 9.5CC/80CD, which isn't too bad. I also have a pre-2.0 one off season that's better, but it is what it is.

However, I agree with konfeta. It really doesn't make ANY sense that other set jewelry was fixed in 2.2 to guarantee 2 ideal rolls (giving you two shots to get that third ideal stat instead of just one). All they need to do is remove the guaranteed Vit roll on Tals Ammy and voila, the problem goes away.

I'm at 18 Aether Walkers looted by myself (20 if you could the two found by my fellow clan mates who would be more than willing to give me an Ancient one if they found one) and not one of them has been Ancient....
06/23/2015 10:33 AMPosted by konfeta
rng is rng

They explicitly adjusted Sunwuko amulet and Zuni ring to eradicate this exact problem in those two sets.

There really is zero reason not to do the same for Tal's.

It is the guaranteed vit roll and CD that messes the amulet up. The RNG of rolling either a socket or CC with your one available roll on top of CD RNG (no one wants 50% CD) is punishing.
06/23/2015 10:36 AMPosted by Windgrace
However, I agree with konfeta. It really doesn't make ANY sense that other set jewelry was fixed in 2.2 to guarantee 2 ideal rolls (giving you two shots to get that third ideal stat instead of just one). All they need to do is remove the guaranteed Vit roll on Tals Ammy and voila, the problem goes away.

Im not saying that i dont agree with that, just that rng is rng, either u luck out or u dont.

I would love to see that vit roll go... but then suddenly those int/chc/chd/os woudnt be bis. we would all be craving for %fire/chc/chd/os which would be as hard to get if not harder.
The one I'm using is the only usable one I've found out of at least 40 drops. Kinda whatever at this point
The one I'm using is pretty good and was my second drop. I was VERY lucky. On the other hand, no luck with Sunwuko's amulet. Having amulets as set pieces is the worst thing ever.
Count your blessings. I've had exactly 1 crappy Tal's drop for me in all of 2.2. Good thing I didn't throw away my old 2.0 one...