Patch 2.3.0 Focused Feedback: Adventure Mode

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Do you find yourself doing more or less Bounties?

I do more bounties, but only to find the new cube materials. I do however really enjoy the new Bandit shrine and the new chests that come with it. Having played some seasons on the ptr, the rewards have been quite poor on T1-4, but I haven't been able to check it out on higher difficulty levels. So far the Boss chests have just given me a ton of rares, and a fair bit of mats, but I would really like to see some more legendary to make up for the fact that we are not doing rifts.

What percentage of your PTR play time do you spend in Nephalem or Greater Rifts?

Having found enough mats to extract 3-5 legendary powers I started doing rifts exclusively until someone in the group needed more cube mats. Only made it to paragon 150ish so wasn't really that focused on getting more mats which would have made me do more bounties.

How does the leveling experience feel with the new changes in place?

I leveled a character for season 1 by power leveling, but have yet to do so for S2 or S3 (partly due to being a student with not much time) as I just do not enjoy leveling. However, leveling to 70 in a party with crafted weapons and gear was actually quite a lot of fun. A lot of pain and frustration was levied by not feeling weak and waiting hours between levels. I really hope the current crafting system is kept at least partly the way it is on the PTR right now, as I can see myself leveling for seasons without powerlevel for the first time.

How does crafting feel in regards to your character progression?

See above. Please keep it in some way.

How does the ratio of crafting materials feel? Is it more balanced or skewed toward a particular material?

At paragon 150ish I was still looking for a lot of pieces, as I should, and so I was sitting at almost 2000 arcane dust and veiled crystals, and definitely a fair amount of reusable parts. Death Breaths was definitely a limiting factor, especially since I am using them in the cube to upgrade rare items to target farm specific legendaries. I really enjoy that particular feature, but even not doing that would still leave me with a lot less DB.

DB should obviously be less common, and I am not complaining. Shouldn't really have free access to them that early, and they are quite easy to farm, even tho they take longer than the other mats. Due to the cube recipes they simply run out very quick.

Really, really enjoying the new patch!
Seasonal experience for an average player

I find myself doing more bounties. you have to do a complete set of all 5 acts to use the cube some of which are quite long. The yellow arrow does not show up at long range, so when you need it most on huge act5 maps it's often missing.

What percentage of your PTR play time do you spend in Nephalem or Greater Rifts?

In the season up to P93 it has only been about 25%, which is a lot less than usual. I would prefer if you complete a GR to get the choice or upgrading gem or getting a GR key back so that you can get legendary gems quicker. Rifts in general feel slower.

lvl 1-70 was a good pace with the ability to craft a good yellow weapon at a low level. The plans are not dropping frequently now so it is hard to get legendary crafted items early. Even then they require act specific mats which take a long time.
Play time, I'm having trouble logging right now,but I like the way things are going. I would like to keep testing though ,what are you guys doing about the game cancellations
Ruins of Sescheron

There is one bounty in this zone seems like it would be problematic if you are trying to level up a season character.

I can't remember the bounty name but it's the one where you need to try and hold a position to claim a resplendent chest. As the time progresses more and more monsters spawn and if there is a monster with in the square the progress bar will stop. The bounty took longer than expected.

More. Those act-specific mats are necessary, and they are far less obnoxious now that the helpful ping timer has been reduced to 1 minute. Also, the gold gain and cache rewards are far better than before, which helps tremendously.

Regular Rifts: Not much, perhaps 20%. The item drop rate seems to have been greatly reduced, which makes sense now that entry is free. This means the only reason I do them at all is to get Greater Rift keystones. I will say that it's nice to not feel obligated to finish the entire rift so I don't waste a key fragment, though. In any case, I still mostly only do Nephalem Rifts to test new builds or get Keystones.

Greater Rifts: About 40%. Greater blood shard drops and gem upgrades, along with more challenging encounters, make it a clear winner over Nephalem Rifts.

I copied already extant Level 70 heroes to test the PTR, so unfortunately, I cannot comment on this. Paragon progression feels roughly the same, however, if that is of any concern.

Crafting in general feels far better. It's harder to do at high level, since you need act specific mats, but that makes it more rewarding and makes bounties feel more important.

How does the ratio of crafting materials feel? Is it more balanced or skewed toward a particular material?

Veiled Crystals seem to drop slightly more often than others, but it's way, way better than non-PTR, where Crystals drop like crazy and Magic and Common mats hardly drop at all.

This has been a huge joke in my friend group, by the way. We have joked repeatedly that Common Items are the most valuable drops in the game, since they almost never drop from enemies and you need massive hoards of common materials to craft anything.

Ruins of Sescheron

Unfortunately, I have never gotten a bounty here that wasn't a generic one (like a cursed shrine or "Kill This Elite" objective), and whenever I go to the Immortal King room, it always tells me it isn't time yet for . . . something. So, I have absolutely no idea what the story is there, except that it relates to the Barbarians in some way and triggering the story event is a hidden objective I haven't figured out yet.

All this is to say, I can't comment on this section with any real detail other than to say that the story is obscured from the player very successfully.
06/30/2015 12:25 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Ruins of Sescheron
Are the characters and story of the new area compelling?
Was there too much? Not enough?
How does the pacing of the new area feel?

Im doing less bounties in the long run, but more at the start.

50% / 50% if I get 1 gr key 25/75% if I get 2 GR keys

Leveling experience seems very slow, I wish the season journey would reward a lot of xp by doing them but they don't, it would be a cool way to lvl by doing season journey because its different things.

Its a lot better, but I wish rift guardian would drop death beath at lvl 1 so you could do a few rift and some bounties and cube some legendary powers before lvl 61

Now you allways feel low on any mats. Everything you find can be used. Not sure if its a good or bad thing that you never get to a point where you don't need to pick everything up.

Ruins of Sescheron was fun to explore a new place on hardcore. but the bounties there still bugs often.

Are the characters and story of the new area compelling? It was okay.

Was there too much? Not enough? it was impressive for a patch.

How does the pacing of the new area feel? Have to admit I checked a5 before I found it in a3
Can you shift the bloodshards reward from the bonus cache to the horadric cache?
If I'm farming for a specified item I'd like to run only that act without losing the BS from bounties, or going through all the bonus acts till the required one or simply flipping games.
Thanks.
07/03/2015 08:41 PMPosted by Nesa
Also can we get wardens to be a 100% drop on T10?

This. This so hard.

I know Blizz was opposed to making the drop rate 100% on T6, (Or else you would have done it by now right?) but now that we have 4 more difficulty levels, there's no reason there shouldn't be a guaranteed drop on higher tiers.

I tried a T10 Keywarden just to see what it was like, and It was very difficult for me, as I would expect from T10, at the end I was expecting an appropriate reward for the 10 minutes it took for finding and killing him, but instead I was greeted with 3 Yellows. Not fun, not rewarding, not worth it.

Personally though, I wouldn't even make T10 the 100%, I would make T8 the 100%. Then make T9 & T10 a guaranteed drop, in addition to a chance of finding a second machine.

It would work out something like this:

T1: 25%
T2: 35%
T3: 45%
T4: 55%
T5: 65%
T6: 75%
T7: 85%
T8: 100%
T9: 100% + 25% chance of additional drop.
T10: 100% + 50% chance of additional drop.

Thoughts?
>Do you find yourself doing more or less Bounties?

More because the game now forces you too in order to extract powers. (I hate bounties. I am at 4k bounties on live pretty much 3,5k of those all for DH to get a RROG and Skeleton shoulders. Didn't get an ancient RROG or Shoulders with either CDR or Rain...)

Some of the problems with bounties : People are afk or even worse people go in rifts and afk making it impossible to kick them. People don't do bounties. The item you want from the bounties never NEVER DROP NEVER. There are like 10 bounties that can get buggy and then cannot be completed (some of them since they were added months ago)...

>What percentage of your PTR play time do you spend in Nephalem or Greater Rifts?

Nephalem Rifts after getting enough bounties to extract some key items. GRs are pretty much impossible for us Europeans at 260 - 500 latency.

>How does the leveling experience feel with the new changes in place?

Your game has been terminated. Your game has been terminated. Connection lost. You cannot create a Hero. Your game ha

>How does crafting feel in regards to your character progression?

Sarah Connor?

>How does the ratio of crafting materials feel? Is it more balanced or skewed toward a particular material?

No clue all games get terminated on season for me. Before that Queues were too long to do anything other than farm items on NS.

>Ruins of Sescheron
Are the characters and story of the new area compelling?Was there too much? Not enough?

What characters and story? Kulle doesn't tell you anything and you have to pretty much ask chat where to find the cube. MORE text needed.
The game also just crashed when I walked into the last room of the King. I just hope there is some kind of event there otherwise all of this is really underwhelming. (I love the lore and got all ingame books etc)

Additional Comment : Why did you make Rift Keys worthless? PLEASE CONVERT THEM TO sth useful. Maybe Death Breath? Anything would be better than the current solution which is just a massive "all your work was pointless lol".
I'm just gonna chime in my few suggestions on this new area.

The mobs in the new area are overpowered even compared to Act 5 monsters, the damage dealt is way out of line and I honestly do hope they are fine-tuned properly

The cube is way too easy to collect.

Crafting with those materials should just go away, they should only be used for the cube.
Yes. Of course because we need the materials for the new kanai recipes, but also because it is more fun. What i like most, finding the locations of monsters and entrances is much easier now. That was most annoying on live server, looking for the playes where you have to go.
Also i realy like the extra Chest for Bosses on Bountys. Didnt play storymode yet, but i hope every Boss in story mode will get one too. Well maybe if some want to exploit it, who cares?

If Community buff is active i spend none of it in normal rifts because even t10 is very easy for me.
So i only do Bountys or Greater rifts. I realy dislike normal rifts take so long to finish now. For greater rift the increased time is fine. But for normal rifts it sucks.
It sucks because you may only want to farm keystones for greater rifts, the people decided if they want to "complete" their rifts for themselves anyway, so there is no reason why rifts should take longer.

didnt test

didnt test

For kanai i think the material and progression is very good. Only 3 recipe costs of kanais i dislike:
1. Reforge Setitem costs: 10 Souls items is too much. Maybe for PTR it fells okay because the 2000% droprate will give you so many of it, but on live server for the people who doesnt play as often as "progamers" 10 Souls is alot. I would prefer 5 instead. This is still an expensive way to make your items ancient. Also you will never know which item will become ancient, so you may need to try it over and over again. I spend 300 Souls and still werent able to make my full set ancient. Only 3 items. And 300 Souls is so many, on live servers i need months for farming it.
2. enchant rare item to legendary item costs: Way to high. should only cost 3 or 5 Souls instead. I would never enchant items for that high costs as it is now.
3. Lvl1 Requirements change: Thats of course, only very nice and usefull for Hardcore charackters. I realy like the idea, but also this amount of souls is absolutely redicolous. Even 10x would be very high, but i think it would be okay.

Ruins of Sescheron

rushed through it, didnt get the story well
dont know, i didnt care.
well, i rushed through it in notime...
At the moment, roughly the same. This is primarily because as it is on live you have to sit there and farm for a Rorg over and over and hope you get decent stats (yay for Kanai's cube removing that factor!). Now, however, the bounty farming seems worthwhile. Adding death breath's drops in the bonus cache would be a nice added touch.

Not much so far, I've been primarily trying to look at what has changed over all and get a good idea for an efficient way to gear up with my friends once the new patch hits live.

Sorry to say it, I took advantage of the crafting bug where rare items have no level requirements, farmed up some mats from bounties and crafted an entire level 70 set and flew to 70 on a season WD. Honestly, keeping this "bug" wouldn't actually be so bad for seasonal characters. Let's be honest, getting to level 70 is not the goal of the game anymore, paragon levels and Grifts are. Maybe we're getting a little too entitled with all these fancy new features, but minimizing that little road bump wouldn't make me lose any sleep. :)

Crafted legendary items seem pretty pointless now in all honesty. Crafted sets still have some merit, especially with the new heavy focus on deaths breath's in Kanai cube recipes. *cough cough* Sage's set.

Bounty drops seem to be really well balanced between re-usable parts, arcane dust and veiled crystals. Deaths breath's farming is a little bit lackluster, but I see the intent to have bounties geared to legendary crafting mats, nephalem rifts for grift keys + DB's and GR's for end game that way you don't remove too much from nephalem rifts and make them a de facto keystone of trials.

Ruins of Sescheron
Somewhat, it did remind me a bit of being back in Harrogoth in D2:LOD. Pindleskin should totally be a unique mob in the area!

Given the overall power and usefulness of Kanai's cube it would be nice to get a little more of an epic adventure out of the deal. Instead you just walk through two zones and then, oh look it's just sitting on this pedestal "I think I'll take that" *yoink*. Maybe at least include a unique monster there (Pindleskin returns?!), or something similar to when fought the three ancient barbs atop Mt. Arreat in D2.

It's fine I suppose, just again getting the Kanai's cube felt anti-climactic in that I didn't even need to fight anything special once I was there.
I have noticed one thing. During playing PTR i was checking +DMG bonuses from Steady Aim (+20% increase) and Hexing pants (+25%). The problem is that bonus from steady aim is not applied until I move. So instead having +20% while stay i have 0% but when moving I have 45%
Do you find yourself doing more or less Bounties?More. Instead of doing one or two acts for cache items such as RORG you need to do all of them for cube materials. The cache should have a chance to drop all of the materials from any of the acts so when we farm for RORG we don't just have a stockpile of Act 1 mats.
What percentage of your PTR play time do you spend in Nephalem or Greater Rifts? For non season the majority of time goes into Greaters and more in regular in seasons because your still gearing up for Greater progression.
How does the leveling experience feel with the new changes in place? For normal leveling I don't know since there's a buff but as far as the changes with certain monster experience it feels a lot faster.
The blacksmith doesn't tell you how many items you can make with what materials you have. The cost of materials to make pants and bracers are still too much but not having lower rank mats is nice. Death Breaths weren't dropping until 63 instead of 61 and the same for marquise gems. Since you removed the achievement for gems you should remove all lower gems as well and keep Marquise from the start of gems and then when your 61 get the opportunity to get Imperials. Why train the Jeweler to 10? Instead raise the cost to train to 200k then train to 11 and 12 and where the hell are the perfect royals at?
How does the ratio of crafting materials feel? Is it more balanced or skewed toward a particular material? ^
Ruins of Sescheron

Yes
Was there too much? No Not enough? Too Short, In my opinion it should have a Lord of Desrtuction feel with the Battlefields- Shenk the Overseer, Maybe have Nilithak have a cameo and maybe kill Baal in Torment 10.
How does the pacing of the new area feel?Feels good so far but needs to be longer. Love the Yetis, needs more Minotaurs and Succubus.

More. But just because I am forced to! The last time you had legendary crafting material was really awful. Now they are back. BUT WHY? Why I am forced to do bounties although I really hate them? It would be so much better if treasures or after completeng a GRift, would drop some of these.
I would really really appreciate it if you would think about your Crafting Material idea one more time.

GRifts only at the moment.

Short answer: too little. In season 3 I tried to craft a good devastator for my wizard. I resigned at paragon level 500. Since there is no cashback of this "blue dust" crafting material. In general I would say that crafting materials should never be an issue to get. In S3 I was very happy when i found a treasue. I was even happier than if I would have found a legendary. Why? Because of the huge amount you need for crafting stuff.

T7 to T10 are feeling great. If someone doesnt want to GRfit he/she will now be able to get some exp aswell!

Too many crafting materials are needed. If you dismiss a legendary item, why are there no blues and yellows, although you need them to craft them? Now with the cube its IMO even worse.

Yes

Was there too much?
No, just fine. Shouldn't take more than 15-20 min to find the cube, thats ok.

Nothing special about it. Just like the older ones.
Hi guys,

today I got 2 things....

1) Bounties in party are not rewarding for rest of the team but the host, since only he gets double reward

2) bounties in a5 are not properly balance, when you get the kill quest in pandemonium fortress, you´re somewhat screwed, u´ll have to clear 75%+ of the zone to get the number requested by the quest and its miserably slow paced.....(packs of 2-4 mobs max is total crap)

that´s all from me for today

Best regards

Soul
i really love the ideas and gameplay. there are a couple bugs still in the game. such as act 4: tormented angels bounty. the cage is invisible. also i just did a curse chest in act 4 and event though i killed the elites within the time given, it says it failed.
06/30/2015 12:25 PMPosted by Nevalistis

It feels like it went from a good way to fill gaps to get into torment to a forgotten tab on my salvage table.

Crafted gear is not competitive at end game, with very few exceptions, so is generally not made once you have torment levels on farm. Having to do two acts on normal as a fresh 70 for a legendary sounds nice but, when you take into account that Rifts can be run at normal without "wasting" a rift keystone on top of the other uses for these mats, it just doesn't feel that nice.

I feel like it's a better idea to run rifts until you can do bounties on T2+ and by then the only thing most people craft is Reaper's Wraps.

This is just my thoughts on this and maybe it's not a big deal to anyone else :/.
I find myself doing more bounties atm working on getting the mats for the Kanai's Cube. Once I get what I need for the Cube, which may take some time, I don't see myself running many bounties after that. I usually run solo but I would expect a lot of people to split farm bounties early on for the Cube mats and then go back to whatever it is they did before the patch.

So far I would say I have spent 20% of my PTR play time in rifts. As opposed to 100% in non-PTR play.

Ruins of Sescheron

I liked the new mobs and the area was interesting to me but I felt it was over too quickly. I walked away from the area wishing there was more lore information. I also felt that Kanai's Cube was a little too easy to get. Maybe a boss guarding it or something like how the Staff of Herding was done.

I like the mob density in the new area.

Bug Report
I noticed when doing the bounties in The Ruins of Sescheron that 3-4 times now when I go in to kill Tala I end up killing 2 Tala's at the same time...
I only have 1 thing to say about this. Repair costs are way to high. I had to sell blues and yellows on live for the gold. The repair cost change just makes it exceedingly worse. I understand the need to find ways to dump your gold. But it was taken to the extreme. Maybe a doubling of the repair cost vs live would have been better then this 10x or 100x in this iteration of the PTR.

This desperately needs to be changed.