2.3 questions and testing

Monk
For those who are able to get onto the ptr and do test if you can look here for things to test and answer please.

I managed to get on for a period of time before a crash, and I did manage to test a bit for shenlongs:
The bonus 300% only starts when hitting max spirit
It does cancel passive regen while it is active (epiphany, air ally, SW)

Madstone did not see any change

I still dont have the full set so I can't test out the mechanics of that yet.
Has shenlong affected the active parts of air ally and blinding flash spirit replenishing? Can you snapshot sweeping wind damage with this shenlong buff and mystic rhythm?
Air ally and similar skills count as active. Basically if the skill has spirit per second regen it will be cancelled while the buff is up.

On that same note the buff shows on our buff bar so we know
I take it you keep the buff until you run out of spirit then?
06/30/2015 08:41 PMPosted by PaulC
I take it you keep the buff until you run out of spirit then?

Exactly
Now that I have gotten all that I really wanted to test on the ptr.

Madstone is pointless for a SSS build. Idk why I took me getting 1 piece of the gear and reading the bonuses to clarify there was no change to see it, but before testing, Gungdo Gear does not say "all other", it says "all", Madstone is completely useless.

Shenlong's + Holy EP rune seems to be doing the most damage as far as clear speed goes, but Cold EP with Fist of Az does the most to RG due to not having 100% uptime on shenlong's.

Shenlong's and Fist of Az both do far more damage than dual wielding, 1 reason being that you get 10% more SSS's, and you do literally no damage outside of SSS, so you want to leave just long enough to hit once to reproc your fnr, and go right back into SSS.

Fulminating Onslaught Explosions do not detonate EP, and due to my above statement, Sustained Attack is 100% necessary to do as much damage as you can.

The 3rd hit applies EP to all enemies hit, not just target.

And finally, the EP applied depends on the EP chosen, not the rune of the Generator.

Hopefully this cleared up most of your questions, if there is anything else you would like to know feel free to ask.
Not sure Shenlong X% increase in dmg additive or multiplicative. Doubt it is of much use due to the 65 /s spirit leak.

Blue buff DH which is already top of the hill.
Monk only 1 liner - Dashing Strike Now breaks roots when cast.
New set forces players to use SSS just because the graphics move the monk everywhere.
Disappointed with the vision that Blue has for this class.
@Slime The Shenlong's 300% damage increase is multiplicative, so it's 4x damage, it is extremely strong in my testing as I can get 3 SSS's in and 2 SSS's out per cycle which translates to about a 180% damage increase, which is far better than Fist of Az + Cold EP because it also makes each SSS hit Crit over 1 billion.
06/30/2015 11:27 PMPosted by Carnage
Madstone is pointless for a SSS build.

Madstone is the item where everybody tries really hard after every patch to create a build with it and make it work. Similar to the Slanderer/Rogue-Set.
Personally, I think it's a pretty useless item.
(And now because I said this it will probably become BiS...)
07/01/2015 01:02 AMPosted by Carnage
@Slime The Shenlong's 300% damage increase is multiplicative, so it's 4x damage, it is extremely strong in my testing as I can get 3 SSS's in and 2 SSS's out per cycle which translates to about a 180% damage increase, which is far better than Fist of Az + Cold EP because it also makes each SSS hit Crit over 1 billion.

@Carnage,
1. so is the X% increase also multiplicative? If you have 300 spirit, at the start of the 300% max, spirit generators skill then it will be x6?
2. Your "extremely strong in my testing" worries me, cos it will means nerf coming.
@ Slime
1. I will test if they are multiplicative together, and if they are also multiplicative with the Raiment 2pc. if so that would be a 4x multiplier on all damage and a 16x multiplier on generator damage, which might actually make them viable as a build on their own.

2. They are strong, but not broken, as far as the SSS set goes, I fear that in it's current state it doesn't have enough damage options in order to make it really strong. I need to find some more optimized gear to see how far I can push GR's with it. Because the playstyle comes with a 90% uptime immunity, all it needs is regen from gizzard.
Do we have any idea if attack speed factors into 7SS damage yet?
07/01/2015 09:53 AMPosted by Kayfas
Do we have any idea if attack speed factors into 7SS damage yet?

It never has as far as I know, so a Two Hander will always do more damage for it, except in the case of Shenlong's.
I can't think of a good way to test this out but till I do if someone is able to test. Does Fo rune blow up all the EP's in an area or is it only up to 7?

For those questioning whether EP hit's the targeted enemy also, from my testing it looks to me like it does. I made sure to hunt down single target enemies, and used multiple EP runes, the big giveaway was the fact that the cold rune has a very significant difference in the amount of single target health taken away per cast.
Do the exploding palms applied from the U2 set benefit from sunwuko 500% increase? I was thinking of using cyclone strike to activate 500% increase along with Shenlong's 300%.

Without counting focus/restraint, elemental and other buffs, or different runes; at a minimum it would be 2770 * 4 * 6 = 66480% weapon damage explosions.

Including focus/restraint and impending doom would lead to 6305 * 4 * 6 * 2.25 = 340470% weapon damage explosions.
07/04/2015 07:07 AMPosted by Koxinga
Do the exploding palms applied from the U2 set benefit from sunwuko 500% increase? I was thinking of using cyclone strike to activate 500% increase along with Shenlong's 300%.

Without counting focus/restraint, elemental and other buffs, or different runes; at a minimum it would be 2770 * 4 * 6 = 66480% weapon damage explosions.

Including focus/restraint and impending doom would lead to 6305 * 4 * 6 * 2.25 = 340470% weapon damage explosions.

From my testing and from videos I saw I would say yes that combination works. Just make sure the SWK buff is active and shens buff is.
Haven't had a chance to test yet but the way I read madstone "Your Seven-Sided Strike applies Exploding Palm." this seems like it would be powerful with the new set, or does the set bonus not set the exploding palm off when applied by madstone?
07/10/2015 09:27 AMPosted by Saito
Haven't had a chance to test yet but the way I read madstone "Your Seven-Sided Strike applies Exploding Palm." this seems like it would be powerful with the new set, or does the set bonus not set the exploding palm off when applied by madstone?

From what I've seen from other people, the Madstone applies the palm first, then the Uliana's set bonus detonates it.
The interaction between the new set (U6) Gungdo Gear and Madstone is like this:

-U6 Alone-
EP is applied by every third strike of your generator
EP detonates when struck by a hit of SSS
EP does not spread on detonation

-U6 + Madstone-
In addition to U6 Alone you can apply EP with SSS. This means that you can hit a target multiple times with EP per SSS cast. No need to apply with generators but you can if you want (Example a large clustered group)

-U6 + Gungdo Gear-
EPs that have been applied will upon detonation spread to all those hit and this includes the original target in the case of a detonation by SSS and not by death. Thereby achieving the same chain hit on the same target that Madstone gives you. The only difference is that you have to apply EP manually first either by a 3rd hit from generator or by casting the spell but generator is better for hitting more targets and no spirit cost. After it starts chaining by Gungdo you don't have to recast EP until you get to a fresh pack with no EPs in sight.

-U6 + Gungdo Gear + Madstone-
EPs will spread as normal but do not have to apply manually first. Can just cast SSS.

With this build you definitely want Gungdo Gear for spreading EP for lots of detonations either for damage or spirit depending on you weapon choices.

Therefore the only benefit you get from a Madstone is not having to apply EP manually to start.

There is merit to it for speed builds but for pushing greater rifts people will leave Madstone out in favor of another armor slot in the Kanai cube such as Spirit Guards for more toughness.

Hope that explains.
Yes that makes perfect sense thank you