Retired OG's: List here

Wizard
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
Best of luck Fire may things go your way.
I will stay in FIRE with hopes that it grows to a legit clan again. Currently it is a bit lonely with only 3-4 players on at a time. I think the requirements to join should be lowered now that it is rebuilding.
07/15/2015 12:05 PMPosted by BigJohn69
I will stay in FIRE with hopes that it grows to a legit clan again. Currently it is a bit lonely with only 3-4 players on at a time. I think the requirements to join should be lowered now that it is rebuilding.

Nah.

BigJohn, if anything, right now is the time to actually TIGHTEN the requirements to join. You have a couple of OGs in your clan...some pretty amazing folks, like Polter and MasterJay.

Use their knowledge and their community presence to weed out botters and hold reformers to a regiment.

Be strict now so you can reap a positive gaming experience for all those who join FIRE.
I'm not saying to just let just anyone in because there are plenty of casual clans like that. I will suggest what I am talking about on our forum since Polter is the site Admin.

I am well aware of the exceptional players who are left and commend them for sticking around. Personally I think the torch should have passed to poltergeist after teal took a break. If he can run a fortune 500 company then running a clan would be gravy.
07/15/2015 12:28 PMPosted by Melkor
You have a couple of OGs in your clan...some pretty amazing folks, like Polter and MasterJay.

Thanks for the kind words @Melkor!

07/15/2015 03:11 PMPosted by BigJohn69
Personally I think the torch should have passed to poltergeist after teal took a break. If he can run a fortune 500 company then running a clan would be gravy.

Thanks @BigJohn69, I appreciate the confidence, but to clear up the confusion, I only run the Information Systems and Communications portion of a fortune 500 company. I only have about 20 direct reports, but in my chain of command I have about 1000 subordinates which tie back to me.

As far as the future of <Fire>, I really hope I can find a few dedicated players to help me out in this reconstruction of the clan, but TealDawn still holds the clan leader reigns. I can invite/kick members, but I am not able to promote to Officer status just yet. I will reach out to him and ask him about it. @Melkor has offered to be my advisor in this process and I am gladly going to take him up on his offer, but it won't be til this weekend when I have a chance to start the lengthy process. I just hope @Melkor doesn't get tired of all my questions. <g>
All EU OGs feel free to join our new clan <WWI> a.k.a. We won the internet.
07/11/2015 09:11 PMPosted by HosiosLoukas
FIRE imploded. Come join us in Ganjito's clan. It's like a halfway house for former FIRE members.

Ain't that the truth -- I need to move over before 2.3 drops so that I can partake in the bounty farming.

Also, in my experience pubs have been getting more picky lately and someone always cancels the proposed rift because (a) don't have trial key (b) don't have rift key (c) wants to run higher (d) AFK (e) hoping a noob will quit and doesn't want to carry on a mid 30 ..... this really kills me.
I go to <Viz> and there's a huge decline at <Fire>, coincidence? (that was a joke, don't be mad at me).

Sorry to hear things have gone downhill from the good ole days, but as long as some of the good guys are there, you'll probably come out okay in the end. I'll always have a special place for <Fire> and I hope you can rebuild.

Melk is right, you have to be super strict about botting or people will for sure start doing it, especially in a full clan.
Hola fellas! Am still playing but at a relaxed pace. Ironwilly on the leaderboards is still the same Ironwilly he's way more dedicated at para 1155 in seasons.

Nice to see familiar names.
07/15/2015 12:28 PMPosted by Melkor
07/15/2015 12:05 PMPosted by BigJohn69

Nah.

BigJohn, if anything, right now is the time to actually TIGHTEN the requirements to join. You have a couple of OGs in your clan...some pretty amazing folks, like Polter and MasterJay.

Use their knowledge and their community presence to weed out botters and hold reformers to a regiment.

Be strict now so you can reap a positive gaming experience for all those who join FIRE.

This, 100x this, once we get things sorted out I have a feeling the requirements to join are going to be much higher, along with zero tolerance for botting etc...
07/18/2015 07:27 PMPosted by Charlatan
Hola fellas! Am still playing but at a relaxed pace. Ironwilly on the leaderboards is still the same Ironwilly he's way more dedicated at para 1155 in seasons.

Nice to see familiar names.

Glad to see a vanilla legend still playing. Cheers.
I'm a filthy casual in the filthiest sense (couple hours a week tops, usually late Friday/Saturday nights).

I generally have played solo since my RL friend comes and goes between other games.

Lately I've started to gain some interest in joining a clan, but don't really have any idea how to find one that would want me or that I would fit in with. I don't meet many people since I'm usually playing solo, so I don't have any in game "friends" that I routinely see.

Any advice on finding a clan to join or is it really something that would only be beneficial for someone who plays more? Is it even worth investigating for such a small amount of playing time?

I'm pretty much wizard only, and I don't really care about leaderboards or anything like that, I just really enjoy the play style of the wizard. I like to pick a build on the forums that sounds fun and work towards it... when I get most of the gear if I'm still having fun I'll keep at it. If I get bored, I find another build to try and repeat.

Wouldn't mind having some others to farm with and get to know on a regular basis, but I really don't know where to start.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but it seems to have turned from a list of OG's into a discussion on wizard clans. As I was reading along, this question popped up so I asked it. If you want me to move it someplace else, I'd be happy to do so.
back on the hunt
@cryme - see link. find me in game if interested

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18300092966
I havn't seen comrade, gosu, pichapie (tho he plays other games on bnet), ryoka, venusdoom, YNRY, Celesta and a few others.

Time just moves you on - hell i'm not even half the man i once was (too many donuts)... play time wise.
07/21/2015 07:54 PMPosted by Void
back on the hunt

Look at this guy thinking he's special. Trying to subtly sneak back into the picture thinking no one would notice... thinking he can surprise the community.

Void, ex-degenerate, ex-most-famous-wizard, ex-number-one-wiz.
07/22/2015 06:59 AMPosted by Jaetch
ex-number-one-wiz

I thought Yori was number 1. :)

Hi Void!
07/22/2015 02:32 AMPosted by Amos
I havn't seen comrade, gosu, pichapie (tho he plays other games on bnet), ryoka, venusdoom, YNRY, Celesta and a few others.

I actually spoke to Celesta a while back and she was just doing the life grind with work and other things for the summer season, might be back in the fall. I really miss running with her and the banter we had off and on.
back on the hunt

Don't write checks you can't cash, son!
07/22/2015 06:59 AMPosted by Jaetch
back on the hunt

Look at this guy thinking he's special. Trying to subtly sneak back into the picture thinking no one would notice... thinking he can surprise the community.

Void, ex-degenerate, ex-most-famous-wizard, ex-number-one-wiz.

ST­FU ex-MVP.

07/22/2015 08:34 AMPosted by Melkor
back on the hunt

Don't write checks you can't cash, son!

I could go and hunt on FF X-IV you know