The End of my MVP Journey

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 12 Next
Speaking of.... Will Archon snapshot Arcane Dynamo?

When you cast a Signature spell, you gain a Flash of Insight. After 5 Flashes of Insight, your next non-Signature spell deals 60% additional damage.
Sounds like a fit to me. Archon is a non-signature spell that can deal damage.
I nominate Junger to be Jaetch's successor. Under his leadership, he will lead us Demon Hunters...err Wizards to the promise land!
Jaetch,

I am not a D3 specific MVP, being Tech and Customer support, but I wanted to stop in and say thank you for all you have done. I have always found your posts to be informative, thoughtful, and constructive. You always supported your ideas and argued for what you felt was best for the class and community.

I do understand the pressure that being in a central role in gaming can bring. I once led a 40 man raiding guild back in Vanilla. That was a 40 hour a week job with tons of outside pressure. I learned a LOT that helped me IRL but eventually the feeling that the game was a job got to me. I had to step down. Games should be fun, not work.

Oh, and I too feel the need to test the PTR but for different reasons. Customer Support means answering player questions on a lot of the basics which I can't do if I don't play. Same goes for any other games I support.

You have all of my respect and I hope to see you continue posting! Regardless of the color of your text, you have lot of value to add to the community still - but on your terms :)
It's been nearly two years since I was invited to the Program (August 2013). It was fun. It was frustrating. It was intense. It was enlightening. I can keep going with the adjectives,

Prove it.
Dearest Jaetch -

I must say.

Thank you. All other words fall short of conveying the simplest and most apropos phrase when describing my feelings towards yourself and your works.

Thank you -

The O.G's.
I'm surprised to see you go, since I thought you to be the most tenacious amongst us. Your insight into the Wizard class has I'm sure been invaluable to many a player. Whoever takes your place, if anybody, is going to have some really big and creative shoes to fill. If I only had half of your creative talent...

You'll be missed, but most definitely not forgotten. :)
2. Protect the innocent.
3. Uphold the law.
4. Smash, Jay, Smash!
Thank you for being the keeper of the lighthouse. We would be lost without it.

Regardless, to at least myself, your name and text will remain green.

I know you're not leaving the community at large, but it seems appropriate to wish you, on your endeavors,

Good luck, and godspeed.
07/07/2015 03:33 PMPosted by JellzRoc
Now you can go back to actually leading our clan fool! but can you finally answer the question and end the debate once and for all. Red gem or Green gem in weapon??

This Jelly, so silly.

All Hail Dear Leader!
You're one of the good ones Jaetch. Good luck and I look forward to reading more your posts in the future. The fact the type is not green doesn't matter a hoot to me.
It is sad fo see you go. I understand the frustration with the botting and I have also seen the community change from don't cheat to cheat as much as you can, and botters quickly down-voting anything on the forums that frowns upon botting. I know you didn't play D2 but I played it extensively at high level PvP, and I was always in the best and only legit clans, towards the end even those dissolved though... At the end there was nothing left but quit, bots affect the game in a lot more ways than people think. D2 is now 99.999% bots and that is not even an exaggeration, my estimate is now at 40% for D3, I foresee 75% before end of the year, game will probably die out due to bots rather soon.

I enjoy the game but quite frankly unlimited power creep and unbanned bots goes beyond my scope of comprehension.

I didn't know you played SC II, I stopped playing for the exact same reason, as you move up in the leagues it starts to become stressful, still fun... but certainly stressful. We should play some time!
Will there be a State Funeral for the MVP Status, Jaetch? Can we go full Lenin on its corpse?
Knew it. I took a long break, came back, saw that you'd became completely bitter and disillusioned. Like someone replaced who you used to be.

You were an excellent MVP, but the burdens you took just became too much. Well, I'm just repeating what you yourself said.

Thanks, and good luck whatever you decide to do. I, for one, always felt good and proud that you were our MVP.
07/07/2015 02:34 PMPosted by Jaetch
As an astonishing number of high profile players are preaching the acceptance of the botting culture, we're fighting a losing war,
''

Never botted, never leeched, never will. I get why you need a break, I wouldn't do what you did for free, but have some faith in humanity. There's a new group of high players on their way up who don't and won't cheat.

So keep up the good fight, for evil succeeds when good men do nothing. And drop in and say hello once in a while.

Best wishes, good luck and good gaming!
Since the beginning I feel like mvp's & CM's alike keep burning out here at Diablo & for good reason.

Blizzard for the hundreds of millions of profit this label makes them, continues to dedicate an alarmingly little amount of resources back into it.

Botting, like a lot of other known issues just isn't their problem the way it would be if it was Hots, Wow or even Hearthstone being this compromised.

So we keep hearing new voices reassuring us blizzcares & is working hard on many of these known issues, I think in large part because many of the old voices, CM's & Mvp's that used to frequently reassure us are probably burning out just like you have.

I wish you the best going forward, but I don't believe for one minute that blizzard itself is as passionate as the ppl who have burned out defending Blizzards dedication to fixing ongoing, unresolved issues like botting & map hax.

gl & hf
Sometimes the hotter you burn, the sooner you burn out. You were an MVP among MVPs and your contributions will not be forgotten. Hopefully, you will find an enjoyable balance in game and out without the MVP burden.
What's an MVP? I mean besides the abbreviation?
What is to be an MVP? There are a lot of speculations.

Just so that I don't have to go through all the posts, can you sum up how you've been valuable throughout the last couple of years? I'm not saying you haven't been, I simply haven't really payed attention to you and I'd like some sort of a summary.
For example, there is this MVP in this very same thread, that provides tech support. What did you do?

Thanks in advance.
07/07/2015 09:47 PMPosted by Noxifer
Just so that I don't have to go through all the posts, can you sum up how you've been valuable throughout the last couple of years? I'm not saying you haven't been, I simply haven't really payed attention to you and I'd like some sort of a summary.

I'll be honest here. If you aren't even willing to go look at the Wizard forum or even just the very easily obtained post history, you don't have any leg to stand on when calling somebody out like that. Jaetch has nothing to prove to you or anybody else. His work and contributions stand on their own merits.
2. Protect the innocent.
3. Uphold the law.
4. Smash, Jay, Smash!
07/07/2015 09:47 PMPosted by Noxifer
For example, there is this MVP in this very same thread, that provides tech support. What did you do?

Jaetch has always been around giving advice, here and over at Diablofans.com where he mods the wiz forums. Always a reliable source, for information, and for a good story here and there. Smart, well informed, and quite often very visible as a player.

Good luck, J. Hope to still see you around here and Dfans.