The End of my MVP Journey

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 12 Next
I say good riddance.... You are nothing but an elitist jerk, which I find more often than not look down your nose at many of the people in the community, especially the wizard community.

You sir do not exemplify the MVP program and personally I think you are so full of yourself that you actually took time off of work to go home to go home to pontificate your all mighty words. There are people who care, all your little cronies in VIZ who I cringe every time open their mouth on these forums.

Its like watching a click of "cool" kids in middle school muck it up with each other and laughing because nobody else is "cool" enough to get their lame jokes.

You need to get over yourself, and come back to reality. This game is just a shell of what it use to be and the 5,000 people playing this game are diluding themselves into thinking it will be anything but a game you play for a week then put away for a year. Have fun in the world of the living.
07/10/2015 05:40 PMPosted by MissCheetah
07/10/2015 02:25 PMPosted by Polaris
Like Droth said, he can still contribute without the MVP tag. I say, what is the benefit to the community from the MVP program? The only things it seems to do from our end is give green text and some (perhaps misguided) implication of Blizzard's approval, which acts as a lightning rod.

We have had some good discussions on this over on the WoW boards too. ( I do Customer and Tech support there as well). We kind of came to the conclusion that General MVPs end up bearing the brunt of the hate, while not really saying anything they could not say as normal players (with upvotes). That said, the "oh no an MVP posted in this thread" tag can target them for harassment, even when they are just being friendly, off topic, or giving a personal opinion.

We felt that MVP was best suited to Class forums where individuals write guides and are class experts and for the Support forums CS/TS where it helps to know the person responding might have some decent background and/or reachback to CMs when needed.

I have no clue what they will do with the MVP programs in the future, just understand there is not ONE, there are actually several depending on what category the person falls in (see my first post).

There's a very distinct reason why General Discussion MVP's get trolled and other MVP's do not. Just look at all of the MVP types and you can see why.

Here's a list of the MVP types and their purpose for having them around.

Customer Service - Help players with account related issues and point them in the right direction to resolve them.

Technical Support - Help players resolve computer related issues or issues running the game.

Class / Role - Help other players understand their class / roles a bit better and help make suggestions for improving their characters.

General Discussion - Help generate and steer players into rational discussions about the game and provide examples for constructive posting.

The problem is that the playerbase doesn't understand the function of GD MVP's and neither do the MVP's in those positions. Largely, the problem is that Blizzard just selects people then leaves them.

Now, because GD MVP's get trolled so much they need to have thicker skin than other people and the MVP who is most active ends up becoming a "hate sponge" as a result of the trolling.

The root cause of most issues is that Blizzard nevery made it clear what their intention with GD MVP's are to the public.

The problems with the program reside in Blizzard's lack of ability to curb trolling and the community's complete lack of understanding about what MVP's are.

Even if Blizzard made it more clear to both the MVP's themselves and to the public, the problems won't go away because people don't want to think of themselves as irrational posters. There's a natural hatred for people who try to get others to play nicely whereas there's generally no malice toward people who help explain mechanics/ technical issues.

There is real value in having GD MVP's for gathering feedback. An MVP makes the CM's job easier... but the program is doomed to fail without providing moral / mental support to those involved. Since Blizzard doesn't have the time of resources to do this, those MVP's turn bitter and burn themselves out.

If Blizzard wants a more successful program, they need to make it more transparent why they have chosen their candidates and find a way to help those players maintain mental sanity through all of the trolling that comes with the title.
Hey Jaetch. Thanks for all of your wizardly insight. I've played almost exclusively wizards up and over 900 paragon and been main wizard since launch day. I always wait for your posts on new content/builds and will use what you've taught to continue progressing. Thanks again and hope to see you in game.
sounds like you put in a huge amount of effort into your role. Personally i feel players should be encouraged to help themselves a lot more instead of expecting to be spoon fed. Google isnt that hard to use.
Good luck with your new role as a player, i imagine you will look back and wonder why you didnt do this sooner.
Thanks for your efforts Jaetch. I understand that botting culture. I have played all three Diablo games and Bots come and go since D2. Not sure if D1 ever had bots or the technology wasn't there yet.

I am low 600's on both season and non-season and I think that is a great accomplishment for husband and a father of two little boys. I get a little depressed when I see 800+ characters in game but I know I have earned what I have.

Good Luck in the future.
07/11/2015 04:22 AMPosted by Lucasbenz
I say good riddance.... You are nothing but an elitist jerk, which I find more often than not look down your nose at many of the people in the community, especially the wizard community.

Can you give specifics of this or posts which back this up? You are making a very damning accusation here, and I have never known him to be this way. I also didn't know about the PTR macro, so I could just be out of the loop here.

If this is also true, then I don't understand why there are so many people thanking and praising him. If it is not true, will you please delete your post and apologize?
You are nothing but an elitist jerk

Colossal amounts of jelly here... go get a life dude.
07/11/2015 07:56 AMPosted by kcbandit
I don't understand why there are so many people thanking and praising him.
I personally don't care that he used a macro to get into the PTR. If there is one wizard I want on the PTR testing things and giving feedback on it, that would be Jaetch. But things happen and people that only want to see the sky rain golden beams are butthurt because the que is too long to get on.

Not saying I condone using macros but quite frankly using a macro to gain access to a game on the PTR isn't exactly affecting the live server in a negative way. I see the inverse of that actually. Him being able to get on and test would probably only help the live server by the time the patch comes to live.

I don't ever test the PTR stuff because a) I want to keep what I find. b) I don't provide great feedback. c) I want people that are interested in doing "b" to not be blocked from testing because of people that are probably going to complain about "a".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-fzaoi_Jgo
All class specific MVP's should have instant, unlimited access to the PTR's so they can assess and convey info to members of their class. Might as well let the others in too. A small reward for putting up with us. ;-)

JH
When is the funeral?
Can you give specifics of this or posts which back this up?

I would have to re-read many of posts that he came off as condescending and arrogant, quite frankly I don't care about this game or this forum to go and look up and give specific posts, its my opinion, you DON'T have to agree with me.

I literally haven't played in 4 months and the one and only reason I logged in was because I saw Jaetch forum post about leaving and I never liked him so I put my 2 cents in, I will log out after this and never return because this game and this company has lost my respect.

I also didn't know about the PTR macro, so I could just be out of the loop here.

I didn't know about that either, just didn't care for the guy, it wouldn't surprise me if he did that, not that I care, this game has 0 integrity as it is.

07/11/2015 08:00 AMPosted by Celso
Colossal amounts of jelly here... go get a life dude.

no amount of jealousy, I don't like the guy, when I use to play and actually care about this game I followed the wizard forums quite regularly. I don't have to justify why I don't like the guy to you or anyone else, just like you don't have to justify yourself to me.

To be honest, I was beating the crap out of him on the leaderboards season 1, #3 before they crapped all over us and made huge revision 1 week before the end of the era. I believe he was #10, so if you think i'm jealous of him in some way then your mistaken. I haven't touched this so called competition since they decided that there really is no competition and that they will make changes when ever and where ever they want.

And actually, I did get a life now that you mention it, I quit this terrible game, so thanks for the advice.

Its like watching a click of "cool" kids in middle school muck it up with each other and laughing because nobody else is "cool" enough to get their lame jokes.

[/quote]

You misspelled Clique.
Good riddance, I said.

I read couples of your posts in the past, and it was nothing but your arrogance.
Best of luck man - you contributed a ton and I always found your advice and insight interesting. See you on the battlefield :) Cheers 0/
Ok so now i feel this is a personal attack on our clan as well as Jaetch. I think that maybe it is time to let our CLICK of cool kids let the new and so intelligent folks that believe that knowing things and exploring the game is arrogant take the lead in this forum.
07/12/2015 06:42 PMPosted by skelious
Ok so now i feel this is a personal attack on our clan as well as Jaetch. I think that maybe it is time to let our CLICK of cool kids let the new and so intelligent folks that believe that knowing things and exploring the game is arrogant take the lead in this forum.

07/09/2015 01:56 PMPosted by Jaetch
What?

No. 100% wrong.

07/10/2015 08:45 PMPosted by Jaetch
Lol,.

It was a legit question.

Goes to show how much thought you put into asking then.
I would have to re-read many of posts that he came off as condescending and arrogant, quite frankly I don't care about this game or this forum to go and look up and give specific posts, its my opinion, you DON'T have to agree with me.

However you continue to post in forums that you don't care about. [i][/i]
07/07/2015 02:34 PMPosted by Jaetch
the burdensome task of maintaining a saint-like online persona. It's an expensive breath of fresh air.

Doesn't it feel great to just be yourself!

You sir do not exemplify the MVP program and personally I think you are so full of yourself that you actually took time off of work to go home to go home to pontificate your all mighty words. There are people who care, all your little cronies in VIZ who I cringe every time open their mouth on these forums.

You need to get over yourself, and come back to reality. This game is just a shell of what it use to be and the 5,000 people playing this game are diluding themselves into thinking it will be anything but a game you play for a week then put away for a year. Have fun in the world of the living.

I think you misread Jaetch, homie. What you call condescension I call passion for helping others avoid making bad choices (e.g. rerolling ultra-rares). When you complain about a "click" making lame jokes I ignore the joke if I don't get it and move on. No need to stress yourself like that, man. Glad to see that if I step away for a few weeks there's no shortage of drama.