No end-game content =(

General Discussion
The no end-game content is discouraging me from playing the game.

The reason why D3 has lasted this long is the repeat, restart, and grind to the top gear and hit the ceiling in less than 2 weeks.
By that time, all else of improvements is so minuscule and boring to acheive anything whatsover.

END GAME CONTENT ONE TIME!

(TLDR start below)

Here are a list of ideas:

1. Diversify the option of spending gold.

2. Longer stay in game = increase MF.

3. If gear has hit an extreme amount of time on equip(of your char), Re-roll stat and/or value of resell for gold/salvage goes up exponentially. ofc, if ppl try to exploit by idle-ing in game, which could happen. Just make idle/standby 0.1x the time, and killing monsters 1x.

4. Elite portal: a portal that takes you to an area with 5 or more portals for your choosing, each portal holds a boss with a random debuff(on you) for the bosses advantage. Defeat all 5 portals opens a red portal to face all five bosses with all the debuffs put onto you!(or something crazy like that), gets you 3-4 caches from each act for those whos tired of grinding the same act specific bounties.

5. "Race to the End of an Act Trial" with requirements. For example: Kill 500 monsters, 20 elite packs, and no dying. (Dying must mean something for once please!)

6. "Solve the mystery" portal. This should be fun. So for example, notes are scattered with some clues to the whereabouts of the mystery wanderer. During and/or by the end of the mission. you're given multiple color coded areas to go to for example a room, a portal etc. if you chose the wrong path, you essentially let a villain get away.

7. Map is disabled portal. A Maze. GTFO.

8. Buying specific passive buffs/monster debuffs from a vendor with "monsters/elites killed" points system. For example, at every start of a new game. you start with zero monsters/elites killed. Then ofc, the more monsters/elites you kill, the more points you rack up and spend on this type of buff/debuff vendor.

9. "A Million Caves" portal. One in a million caves has...well....... title above. Obv, doesn't have to be out of a million, but, essentially an account bound-permanent portal/room(you can go in and out freely)-----lottery system, with a lottery-specific fee perhaps? And ofc, each cave has it's monsters/elites with a giant chest at bottom of 5+ levels deep cave.

10. All of the above, of which can be open into a portal, must cost something to open it. Whether it be crafting, or spending a bit of gold, or rng. JUST DOT IT!!

The end.
Cool story!
None of those options sound interesting to me but maybe it does to enough people. /shrug

Though I still firmly believe D3 end game is Forum PvP.
07/12/2015 09:22 PMPosted by fpssims
Then quit and play something else.
How are your suggestions that different from rifts, greater rifts and bounties?

Have you beaten level 100 greater rift yet?
Seems like endgame hasn't even been reached yet
ubers and grifts
I'm sure that you have gotten your monies worth out of the game. It's not like you pay monthly to play it either.
There is indeed an end-game. When all your tunes are maxed out--time to quit.
Um............no just no. These type of games never had an "end game" nor should they.
You made it into the forum. Welcome to the endgame.
1. Diversify the option of spending gold.

Agreed somewhat, gold is worthless but is this truly necessarily a bad thing? I would say there are bigger fish to fry (stash space anyone?)

2. Longer stay in game = increase MF.

That would be very effective in a game in which MF is pretty much nerfed into oblivion. Remove MF entirely from all items, nothing more annoying to see MF on an item nowadays.

3. If gear has hit an extreme amount of time on equip(of your char), Re-roll stat and/or value of resell for gold/salvage goes up exponentially. ofc, if ppl try to exploit by idle-ing in game, which could happen. Just make idle/standby 0.1x the time, and killing monsters 1x.

Don't see the advantage of this, at all.............

4. Elite portal: a portal that takes you to an area with 5 or more portals for your choosing, each portal holds a boss with a random debuff(on you) for the bosses advantage. Defeat all 5 portals opens a red portal to face all five bosses with all the debuffs put onto you!(or something crazy like that), gets you 3-4 caches from each act for those whos tired of grinding the same act specific bounties.

What? So you are suggesting a lovechild of ubers and bounties? I do agree that doing the same bounties get's boring, but it looks like this will end with 2.3

5. "Race to the End of an Act Trial" with requirements. For example: Kill 500 monsters, 20 elite packs, and no dying. (Dying must mean something for once please!)

Play Grifts dude, and dying can mean something, a lot, it's called hardcore.

6. "Solve the mystery" portal. This should be fun. So for example, notes are scattered with some clues to the whereabouts of the mystery wanderer. During and/or by the end of the mission. you're given multiple color coded areas to go to for example a room, a portal etc. if you chose the wrong path, you essentially let a villain get away.

Oh boy, great, another layer of RNG, and a frustrating one also, brilliant!

7. Map is disabled portal. A Maze. GTFO.

8. Buying specific passive buffs/monster debuffs from a vendor with "monsters/elites killed" points system. For example, at every start of a new game. you start with zero monsters/elites killed. Then ofc, the more monsters/elites you kill, the more points you rack up and spend on this type of buff/debuff vendor.

Would be incredibly effective indeed, especially with the new increased CC resistances monsters are going to get with 2.3 (to terminate perma fear etc. which is a good thing, but can use a bit more iteration, but different subject)

9. "A Million Caves" portal. One in a million caves has...well....... title above. Obv, doesn't have to be out of a million, but, essentially an account bound-permanent portal/room(you can go in and out freely)-----lottery system, with a lottery-specific fee perhaps? And ofc, each cave has it's monsters/elites with a giant chest at bottom of 5+ levels deep cave.

The Vault, nuff said.

10. All of the above, of which can be open into a portal, must cost something to open it. Whether it be crafting, or spending a bit of gold, or rng. JUST DOT IT!!

See all of the above.

Don;t get me wrong: it's always nice to bring in new ideas, but I get the feeling that these ideas are all current game mechanics with a small twist.................
uhhhhh

Please explain how you can have "end game content" in a game that never ends?

Just sayin
07/13/2015 01:36 AMPosted by Crimnor
07/12/2015 09:22 PMPosted by fpssims
Then quit and play something else.

And stop posting.

Man I wish Bashiok were still around. He would smack so many of these out of here in a heartbeat.

This community needs unrelenting ban hammer mods and IP blocks so badly.
I don't understand how people can complain about D3 not having enough to do when it has so much more to do than D2 ever did and yet people quote that game as gospel(it was good no doubt).
It's not a mmo. The most amount of people you can play with is THREE others. There's no raids, there's no farming for gear in a certain place. It's not Everquest, or Final Fantasy or anything along those lines. Think of a game like Gauntlet.... Diablo is a hack and slash adventure game.

But great imagination....
But It must be kwel you keep comming here to post so there must be some attraction
Exciting loothunt is supposed to be the endgame in this type of game. Unfortunately loot is handed out so fast that you finish the endgame quick and are left with nothing to do since the replayability is nonexistant.
Thats why many feel they have to constantly patch and add content to this game, because it sincerely lacks proper endgame of any sort.
i don't think any of you understands what the diablo franchise is all about if you are complaining about not having a vastly diverse endgame.
07/13/2015 09:02 AMPosted by Alecta
Exciting loothunt is supposed to be the endgame in this type of game. Unfortunately loot is handed out so fast that you finish the endgame quick and are left with nothing to do since the replayability is nonexistant.
Thats why many feel they have to constantly patch and add content to this game, because it sincerely lacks proper endgame of any sort.

Idk. I'm willing to dish out monthly payment cuz I love the diablo series. It's just.... it gets repetitive without any other options to hunt monsters and find loot.

The ideas above are just options to open up more ways to play. That's all.