I miss the Auction House

General Discussion
07/26/2015 07:37 AMPosted by MissCheetah
?? Nobody can hack you through a public game. That is just not how D3 works. They can only take your stuff if they have your user name and password, which they have to get from you through malware, phishing, or if you used the same login info on a less secure fan site or forum.

^ this.

07/26/2015 10:13 PMPosted by vmxaesa
The AH was kind of useful. One thing it let me not have to hold items for other classes all the time. I could just go buy them from the AH, if start a new class.

yeah.... or if you want to try something new... or if you want to build a fun char....

also with ah around it wasn't that 99,999% of the items are getting turned into souls.....due to the fact that it can be sold to someone who needs it....

and now it's just keep 13 items and salvage everything else..... I've salvaged at least 3 dozen sets, 5 Kridershots (2 of them ancient) and many many more stuff.... almost all items are pretty much worthless now....
Playing since launch, very thankful no AH & no trade system (beside group).
I admit , th HC gAH, was very good. But on the other hand, there were items, you couldnt simply KADALA them during 2-3 days- so currently no usable.
Meh, the game is gonna be so damn easy to gear up after the next patch, it is really a joke. IDK bout you guys, but I honestly think that the game will be too casual, everyone will have what they need in a week tops.

Kanai's cube is a QOL improvement for sure, but I'd rather have some of the features removed.
07/26/2015 07:49 AMPosted by shivan
?? Nobody can hack you through a public game. That is just not how D3 works. They can only take your stuff if they have your user name and password, which they have to get from you through malware, phishing, or if you used the same login info on a less secure fan site or forum.

Exactly. You have to be real lazy about personal computer security and not care about quality passwords to have your account hacked.

Having an authenticator helps.
I did whine abt the difficulty in getting the 'dreamed gears'
but I also felt so relieved that I dont have to pay-to-win

I have zero motivation in playing with credit card heros who tried hard to convince themselves as 'winners'
07/26/2015 12:19 AMPosted by nthexwn
I don't think I'll ever understand this. Trading was my least favorite part of D2. Wasting time in trade games where nobody was ever willing to part with anything useful for any reasonable price and 12 year olds were always trying to scam you was NOT my idea of fun

It was somewhat fun in D2 release and LoD release when the market was not yet so badly saturated and dupes didn't exist.

After 1 years of playing you didn't really even need to trade that much.. getting items that allowed you to farm Hell was not that difficult.. and I at least felt it was more enjoyable to find the items yourself.

After some years of D2 I really never even traded anymore. We just used to share some spare stuff with friends etc. If I found enough gear for some other class I would make an alt.
07/27/2015 02:39 AMPosted by Donna
Meh, the game is gonna be so damn easy to gear up after the next patch, it is really a joke. IDK bout you guys, but I honestly think that the game will be too casual, everyone will have what they need in a week tops.

It is like this already.. Ros release was something else.. waiting for those upgrades doing some mats farming to get even some crafted gear.. Now you just farm Rifts some 1-2 days and you have 50%+ of your gear in good quality set items.

Legendaries have become rares that you salvage almost instantly. Rares are not even worth picking up after some time. For Sets you just check if they are Ancient or not ..

The gear inflation is horrible
I still wish we had this or at least some form of trade available
You may miss trade, but if not for the stupidity of third party traders ruining it in D2, Then we would have the trading system to this day
12 year olds trying to scam you
It's a good life lesson, makes you pay attention to numbers, descriptions and what you agree for.

If, for some reason, 12 year olds go on your nerves and you would like to get scammed* by 30 or 50 year olds, play EvE. It has a market similar to real life economics.

*in a way u would not notice, maybe even be happy!
They could put trading and AH back in for all I care as I mostly solo. As long as they don't link it to drops like vanilla was.
The only way trading/AH would come back is if they took out personal loot and put it to group loot like in D2. With personal loot, you could just flood the AH. With group loot, you obviously get less loot so it's not as bad.

Doesn't matter though as none of that will happen.
I dont miss it for one reason. Group loot. I was running with a pug and a barb had a very high rolled Ancient Golden Flence that he gave to me for FREE. ( my favorite word ) if AH was still here I wouldnt have seen this at all.

Dont get me wrong I played the AH game well but dont miss it.
i don't get why PAY TO WIN is a problem for some.

if someone decides to credit card his way to victory, what is the big deal?

people complaining about this were never going to compete in the leadboards anyways. kind of like the bandwagon that complains about turbohud, they were never goign to make it even if using turbohud.

the drop rates used to be notoriously low, however that's blizzard fault for having so many useless legs.
if all legs were useful to some extent, then i'd be happy with 3-4 legs per day (on average playing mp5).
It depends...

If you're rich, then AH is a good idea since time = money.
If you're poor, then AH would suck. But that also means you need to spend a lot of time on D3, which is probably why you're poor.
If you think you're rich and don't like the AH, then you're not rich enough.
If you think you're poor and like the AH, then you're a sadist.
I enjoy the drop rates. The drop rates that can't exist with AH/trading.

I don't miss it. I don't miss scammers. I don't miss playing years and only finding one <extremely rare wtf> item.

Being able to gear up with friends in the same game is beyond helpful with the drop rates.

Can be geared so much more quickly than grinding out gold to hope to find someone who doesn't instant-bot-buy items you're looking for to turn around and sell them at insane prices.

No more wading through chat "LF <item>, have <items>"

Actually playing the game, how exciting.

Want to deal with the AH? Go play in the stock market. enjoy.
I enjoy the drop rates. The drop rates that can't exist with AH/trading.

I don't miss it. I don't miss scammers. I don't miss playing years and only finding one <extremely rare wtf> item.

Being able to gear up with friends in the same game is beyond helpful with the drop rates.

Can be geared so much more quickly than grinding out gold to hope to find someone who doesn't instant-bot-buy items you're looking for to turn around and sell them at insane prices.

No more wading through chat "LF <item>, have <items>"

Actually playing the game, how exciting.

Want to deal with the AH? Go play in the stock market. enjoy.

see what i mean?

people complaining about AH are for the most part casuals.

Wasn't there a time when you could spoof sessions and people were taking peoples stuff that way?