In what dimension is this even remotely reasonable?

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Highly Rated
OK, I've been biting my tongue regarding the captchas, but the crap I'm going through just to make a single post now takes the cake.

Six captchas to make one post. Six. Not one. Not two due to Battle.net being its usual slow self.

Six.

Bloody.

Freaking.

CAPTCHAS.

And of those six, three of them wiped my post entirely, which would have screwed me royally if I hadn't been making a habit out of copying posts to the clipboard first. And that's before a successful retention of the first post gets butchered by HTML line break tags ruining any and all formatting.

All this to make one post. And it's happening like this repeatedly.

What do we have to do to get it through to you that your system is not only not working for spam, it isn't working at all, period? I think we've been your guinea pigs long enough.

Turn it off!
Come join the conversation, Tias.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18300090350

Several of us have been trying to get this some attention for weeks, and the community seems generally more interested in trolling than actually making our voices heard. Getting some support in the thread above, however.

Please swing by and join in.

I highlighted not only the base issue of captchas, but several other forum issues that seem to be continuing on unabated.

If we stick to one thread and actually get people to upvote and make a fuss, maybe we can get a response. Which is what has upset me most about this issue. Total radar silence since they first implemented this captcha.

They haven't even acknowledged the issue, despite the efforts from myself, Stonecold, Jaqenhager and others to make sure they see the complaints.

I feel some level of acknowledgement is well warranted on their part. The problems we're having go well beyond mere inconvenience.
yeah, the forums are terrible lately
Hm, haven't seen a single captcha yet.
Sometimes I get logged out of the forum randomly though, which is annoying.
DeadRu is on record as really enjoying captchas and the extra little bit it provides to the general forum experience. Since he seems to be the target audience for D3 I have this feeling that captchas will be staying for a while.

Yes bliz capcha troll, I am still somewhat human.
MAN! I am SO sick of this.

The damn website logs me out every time I change pages.

I have to solve a CAPTCHA on every single post.

Half the time the damn thing reformats my post into HTML.

Sometimes it doesn't work at all, and just erases everything.

Every time I mention that, I have mouth-breathers whose ISPs have slipped under the radar insulting and degrading me because they are "captcha-free." As if that makes these cretins better people, somehow...

Kudos to the guys who continue to provide feedback in this highly hostile environment created and supported by Blizzard...

I'm pretty much done.

Steve Austin

I AM HUMAN
And yet the HotS forums are still getting spammed by bots.

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/forum/13267618/

I was always supportive of Blizzard, but god damn, they have been pretty incompetent about a lot of things lately.
I'm wondering what people are doing to trick the captcha system.

I would imagine that you're getting them, The Tias because of your forum signature. I would imagine that repeating message with every post would trigger the captcha.

MissCheetah might be getting them for the same reason for doing technical support.

Other people might be getting them for repeating certain phrases as well.

I would imagine that people are doing something unknowingly to flag their accounts. Signatures are probably a large part of the reason you're seeing excessive captchas.

EDIT: I have somewhat narrowed the issue down. I was using my Dad's wifi in Yuma (I live in the Phoenix Metro) and I was being hit with captchas.

I turned off the wifi and used my phone's cellular network and the captchas went away.

I'm going to try something here on my end to try and make them disappear.
There is a Feedback link at the bottom of the page.
http://us.battle.net/en/feedback
07/04/2015 09:42 PMPosted by Drothvader
I would imagine that people are doing something unknowingly to flag their accounts. Signatures are probably a large part of the reason you're seeing excessive captchas.

No, the pathetic timeout setting for captchas is why I'm getting repeated captchas for one post. Battle.net is so slow that the captchas time out and force you to redo them. A good half of the time even a "successful" captcha submission results in the post being wiped completely and you having to put it back in again. The other half, if it's a first post in a thread the formatting gets hit with <BR> tags all over the place. I've even been redirected to http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/ quite often after an attempt to submit a post.

I've tried disabling the signature temporarily and I still get captchas. At this point it feels like some sort of account flag being set off somewhere. If it isn't some sort of internal account flag type setting that's causing us to get these captchas while others don't, that leaves gross incompetence as the only other factor since the only other selective process are forum algorithms, and that's handled by the battle.net teams.

And as noted several times since this went live, it does not stop the spam on forum pages. All you have to do is peruse the Heroes and HS fora from time to time to see that fact in action. It slows people down due to failed submissions due to battle.net timeouts, but it most certainly does not stop them one tiny bit.

07/04/2015 09:51 PMPosted by Sÿlak
There is a Feedback link at the bottom of the page.
http://us.battle.net/en/feedback

Even us MVPs tend to liken that to a round file. :(
2. Protect the innocent.
3. Uphold the law.
4. Smash, Jay, Smash!
What I mean by that, Tias, is that copy/paste phrases may have flagged you the first time and once you're flagged you stay flagged.

All I know is I notice a pattern of repeated phrases on those complaining about Captchas.
I haven't had any captchas yet at all, not even in the hearthstone forums.
I managed to log in without Captcha, won't know until I post this whether or not I'll get Captcha. Nope, no Captcha seems like I'm one of the lucky ones that don't have to suufer the BS of Captcha, feel sorry for those of you that do, get rid of Captcha, it's a P.I.T.A on every other site that has it.
07/04/2015 05:52 AMPosted by Shadout
Hm, haven't seen a single captcha yet.
Sometimes I get logged out of the forum randomly though, which is annoying.

Same thing with me. No captchas so far but random log outs.
07/04/2015 09:42 PMPosted by Drothvader
I'm wondering what people are doing to trick the captcha system.

I would imagine that you're getting them, The Tias because of your forum signature. I would imagine that repeating message with every post would trigger the captcha.

MissCheetah might be getting them for the same reason for doing technical support.

Other people might be getting them for repeating certain phrases as well.

This sounds about right.
Besides it seems to of hit a lot of the forum trolls,
which always a plus.
07/04/2015 10:23 PMPosted by Drothvader
What I mean by that, Tias, is that copy/paste phrases may have flagged you the first time and once you're flagged you stay flagged.

All I know is I notice a pattern of repeated phrases on those complaining about Captchas.

Droth you are right again.
I haven't seen it yet either.
I've got it too. Blizzard is not the powerhouse company it once was. It's more about the money and their own skins than caring for the community. Something it used to be about when they released their top 3 games. D2, WoW, and SCII.
Now, WoW is starting to die out, even with a major patch released a year ago, D3 is a disappointment of a game even after 4 years to fix it and an expansion, consider to its prequel counterpart, and I don't know much of SCII nowadays to say anything.
Not to mention this stupid captcha BS.
Between the random log outs and captcha EVERY SINGLE TIME, this is not a solution to deter spamming and bots.
You would think that the post timeout function would negate the need for captcha.