Monk
07/03/2015 01:38 PMPosted by Bacon

uhm, monk top gr: 71
highest non-monk top gr: 62

Top Monk normal = 68
Top non-Monk normal = 66 (Barbarian)

Top Monk seasonal = 71
Top non-Monk seasonal = 66 (Barbarian)

PTR of course, and we don't even have the s4 items yet (which would double the hits/EPs from every SSS)

This won't matter. The people that are pushing 70+ aren't using SSS. They're combining Shenlong's with R6.

The two-fold solution to balance Monks, imo, is 1) reduce the bonus of the Shenlong's set from 300% to 200% (this will hopefully bring generator builds back into line without completely killing them), and 2) reduce the R6 bonus from 12500% to something like 10000% (R6 is already a bit out of line on live compared to Sunwuko and Inna's and it's even more ridiculous with the extreme synergy it gets with the cube).
07/04/2015 04:48 AMPosted by PizzaTheHutt
(R6 is already a bit out of line on live compared to Sunwuko and Inna's and it's even more ridiculous with the extreme synergy it gets with the cube).

R6 is perfectly fine on live. If it's harder to use, it should also be more rewarding if you get it right.
07/04/2015 05:00 AMPosted by hong

R6 is perfectly fine on live. If it's harder to use, it should also be more rewarding if you get it right.

1) The devs have stated that their intention is that all 6-7 piece sets should be about as strong as each other. That's clearly not the case now. Remaint 6 >> Sunwuko's 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Inna's 6.

2) Remaint is probably "harder" to use than Sunwuko's, but it's still not really hard to use.

3) That's still not getting to my main point; Remaint is already strong and it synergizes with the cube extremely well. That's what's pushing Monks to 70+. Imo, it would be preferable to nerf both R6 and Shenlong's slightly to get them both into balance over nerfing Shenlong's a lot and completely screwing over generator builds (which are currently a bit over the top in the PTR due to Shenlong's but not completely so).
07/04/2015 05:15 AMPosted by PizzaTheHutt
07/04/2015 05:00 AMPosted by hong

1) The devs have stated that their intention is that all 6-7 piece sets should be about as strong as each other. That's clearly not the case now. Remaint 6 >> Sunwuko's 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Inna's 6.

The devs say all sorts of things, some of which are funnier than others.

2) Remaint is probably "harder" to use than Sunwuko's, but it's still not really hard to use.

Tell that to the ppls who claim that R6 requires superhuman reflexes to use.

3) That's still not getting to my main point; Remaint is already strong and it synergizes with the cube extremely well. That's what's pushing Monks to 70+. Imo, it would be preferable to nerf both R6 and Shenlong's slightly to get them both into balance over nerfing Shenlong's a lot and completely screwing over generator builds (which are currently a bit over the top in the PTR due to Shenlong's but not completely so).

But nerfing a live build would be contrary to the basic principle of grind-based games that the numbers must Always Go Up. Therefore, the only viable alternative is to nerf a build that isn't live.
lol I don't think you get it.. I'm a top monk player too. I have been playing with these guys for years now. Ranked top 20 season one and NS earlier in the summer. Am going for my top 5 clear still atm. Anyways, all of the top monk players know and respect each other. My issue is that there is always another Epeen top player pushing PTR just to advertise how awesome they're so they can make their little videos and say how awesome they think monks are. After that 30 seconds of shinning in the lime light, they basically ruined the goods / builds/gear for everyone when blizzard drops the nerf bomb per usual. Unlike demon hunters, blizzard hates monks and it's been shown via history. They may not be "noobies" as in bad players.. nope, didn't mean it in that way, but they're noobies in the realistic way they haven't learned to stop pushing on PTR for their selfish causes... but alas, they will do what they want. zZzzz
07/04/2015 10:02 AMPosted by SupaAznJigga
lol I don't think you get it.. I'm a top monk player too. I have been playing with these guys for years now. Ranked top 20 season one and NS earlier in the summer. Am going for my top 5 clear still atm. Anyways, all of the top monk players know and respect each other. My issue is that there is always another Epeen top player pushing PTR just to advertise how awesome they're so they can make their little videos and say how awesome they think monks are. After that 30 seconds of shinning in the lime light, they basically ruined the goods / builds/gear for everyone when blizzard drops the nerf bomb per usual. Unlike demon hunters, blizzard hates monks and it's been shown via history. They may not be "noobies" as in bad players.. nope, didn't mean it in that way, but they're noobies in the realistic way they haven't learned to stop pushing on PTR for their selfish causes... but alas, they will do what they want. zZzzz

What a pointless post.

Anyways, if Monks are too strong they'll either be brought back in line with the others, probably from a knee-jerk reaction judging from Blizzard's track record, or they'll buff everyone else to be on par. Don't get your hopes us thinking you'll be 5grift levels ahead of everyone else come live.
07/04/2015 11:23 AMPosted by Zaroua
07/04/2015 10:02 AMPosted by SupaAznJigga

What a pointless post.

Anyways, if Monks are too strong they'll either be brought back in line with the others, probably from a knee-jerk reaction judging from Blizzard's track record, or they'll buff everyone else to be on par. Don't get your hopes us thinking you'll be 5grift levels ahead of everyone else come live.

Supa is saying we just don't know right now because of the epeen.

He's right too especially as so many still haven't even been able to get on to test which is the biggest inherit flaw of the PTR right now. We need the masses to test NOT the youtube attention !@#$%s (though a few are actually helpful).
I am with Darth on this one.

Why so many people are crying that monk (shenlong) is OP, because they have no clue ! :-)

I am a monk player since D3 vanilla, not a pro, only a casual, but I think that shenlong is not the biggest reason for the great power at the moment. Off course it´s an awesome set and brings us great DD perspective with R6 set, but if Blizz would bring down the 300% to 200% it would be in the ballpark with other classes, IMHO.

The top monk players arround here should try to go without shenlong set, and all of them would jump up nearly the same as with the set, because the cube brings so much to us (monks). Mobs doing less damage on PTR, bosses have "no life" on PTR, and we all more then double our damage because of the ringset. And without shenlong we get 50% more damage against elite instead, not bad either. ;-)

At the moment I don´t see any DH´s or Mages pushing to the limit in PTR grifts.

DH´s dont really have anything new to test, and know they will go app. 5+ grifts higher with the cube, the less damage incoming and the less life on bosses. Mages are testing their new Archon thing, which seems like to be as bad as our new SSS Set. But would both classes (their top players) push with their live setups and the new cube, they would both be 5+ grifts higher then on life, so also arround 70, for sure.

That in the end makes me happy as a monk player, because I think the shenlong set and especially the cube will bring us in the same ballpark as DD´s - great work, Blizz !
Well, M6 does not make other class obsolete.
So don't nerf the sets. I am tired of Blue nerfing monks.
In my honest opinion Monk are not overpowered. Not even with shenlongs. The numbers seems high because other classes did not try seasonal items yet, and experimenting new stuff where we have fully developed gearing where shenlongs comes in as an addition. So we can safe to say that on the ptr people who are testing R6 and shenlongs kinda reached the potential. As most of the gearing and tactics were there anyway (fire ds builds, focus & restraint builds).

I would wait a few weeks before crying overpowered as i think other classes will reach monk on the ladder soon as things will develop.

primary focused generator build which utilizes EP and pulling stuff together is what I'm reall excited about as this has very good potential. Nerfing shenlong takes the edge of that away.