Win10 compatibility?

Technical Support
Hello folks! I'm not sure if this belongs here but I'll ask anyway. Has anyone upgraded to Windows 10 and if so, are there any compatibility issues?

I hesitate to upgrade since I had some issues when I went from Win8 to 8.1.

Thanks in advance for your input.
If you plan on using it as a primary OS on your gaming machine I would suggest you not to do so, because Windows 10 is not officially released yet. You will face driver support issues. On the other hand if its just for the sake of testing on a backup machine feel free to do it.
Thanks Northwind. Good advice.
07/09/2015 07:17 AMPosted by JaqenHghar
I'm not sure if this belongs here but I'll ask anyway. Has anyone upgraded to Windows 10 and if so, are there any compatibility issues?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/search?q=Windows%2010&f=post
I have been running Windows 10 for a long time now. I did have driver issues initially (AMD drivers) but have been running error free lately - running build 10158

Edited to add the 10 to windows
It'll support a gaming rig just fine, possibly even better with the direct X12 optimizations. If you have Windows 7 or 8 you'll see that small Windows icon pop up in the tray on the bottom right. I believe on or after July 29th it'll be ready for download. I've tested the build on a virtual machine and it's been great so far.
I wouldn't expect to see any DirectX 12 features supported upon the release of Windows 10 for Diablo III. If the developers are planning to add that support in the future, it's going to take a while to get it implemented.

I'm available in the forums Monday - Friday 6:30 am - 3:30 pm Pacific Time,
Feedback? - https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Omrakos
Running Build 10162 and Diablo 3 is running better than ever on my laptop. Nvidia GeForce gtx 660m
I am Running build 10162 using a Radeon HD 5870 on a laptop and will face a screen freeze each time I enter the desolate sands area.

Issue has been around 2014 (supposedly an issue with 2014 version of Catalyst)

The workaround is to rollback to the 2013 version, which isn't possible on windows 10.

Use at your own risks.
Hi jaquen i have w10 10162 sincè two month and diablo Work better on w7 (more fps) but i have nvidia With driver for w10.

Actually w10 is stable and rtm coming son.
Bouya
07/09/2015 12:49 PMPosted by Omrakos
I wouldn't expect to see any DirectX 12 features supported upon the release of Windows 10 for Diablo III. If the developers are planning to add that support in the future, it's going to take a while to get it implemented.

I'm available in the forums Monday - Friday 6:30 am - 3:30 pm Pacific Time,
Feedback? - https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Omrakos

Don't expect Blizzard to support Windows 10 for until December at the earliest. Such is how tech support treated Windows 8 in 2012. I don't expect Blizzard to support Directx 12 unless second expansion announced. The D3 game engine.needs to be reworked too -- add x64 support, add multi-cpu core support, and perhaps what WoW has -- GUI sandbox. The latter is expensive to code but could allow legit addons -- like what THud does.
win 10 build 10162 , geforce gt 720m , no problems as always :D .
Jaqen, I'm going to be upgrading to Windows 10 on my desktop at the end of July. Microsoft is giving it away for free to those with Windows 7/8.1 keys. I've reserved my upgrade. Unless I have major issues, I won't be rolling back.

I'll let you know how it goes. I'm running a Radeon HD 7850 and an Intel i5 4690K. I do not anticipate any issues.

Valar Morghulis.
Windows 10 RTM Build 10240 was unleashed to Windows Insiders Program and OEMs on July 15th

Diablo 3 works perfectly fine :)