Let's resolve - TOGETHER - BOT-ing

General Discussion
07/16/2015 01:38 PMPosted by aBeec
Get out your parents basement, theres this thing called sunlight, a little bit of it is good for you.

Chord struck too huh?
rip
07/16/2015 01:45 PMPosted by Junger
Get out your parents basement, theres this thing called sunlight, a little bit of it is good for you.

Chord struck too huh?

I'd report for harassment. Sunlight may kill you, if you're a vampire.
07/16/2015 01:49 PMPosted by Machado
07/16/2015 01:45 PMPosted by Junger

Chord struck too huh?

I'd report for harassment. Sunlight may kill you, if you're a vampire.

I dunno...in the last vampire movie that I watched, it just made them sparkle and possibly stare at each other more / seemingly forget their lines.
07/16/2015 01:56 PMPosted by ChangBooster
I dunno...in the last vampire movie that I watched, it just made them sparkle and possibly stare at each other more / seemingly forget their lines.

EEEEEWWWWW, gross.. What kind of movie are you watching ?
07/16/2015 02:00 PMPosted by Machado
07/16/2015 01:56 PMPosted by ChangBooster

EEEEEWWWWW, gross.. What kind of movie are you watching ?

Best movie of all time.

Classic line. Pioneer of originality. Comeback kid right here.

Look, i'm trying to do you a favor here....or maybe you should just off yourself. Probably the only way to save you now.

<3

Calm down botter.
07/16/2015 02:12 PMPosted by aBeec

Calm down botter.

Why do you care? It doesn't affect you, right?
07/16/2015 02:44 PMPosted by kokopuffs
07/16/2015 02:12 PMPosted by aBeec

Calm down botter.

Why do you care? It doesn't affect you, right?

Not one bit but it just smells like hypocrisy when someone brings in profiles and paragons. Along with his certain post here.

If he bots he bots, just dont go claiming its hard to be competitive when he has the same or more paragon as those who are on the leaderboards. Though a competitive scene hardly exists.

game
ɡām/
noun
1. a form of play or sport, especially a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.

Key word - "competitive"

Tough to play a GAME that is COMPETITIVE when your opponents are cheating.....

The whole "how do bots effect you" argument is ignorant. As are you.
07/16/2015 03:00 PMPosted by aBeec
If he bots he bots, just dont go claiming its hard to be competitive when he has the same or more paragon as those who are on the leaderboards. Though a competitive scene hardly exists.

It's interesting how you are constantly forced to refer back to the ongoing competition while in the same sweep deny its existence.
And how does one win this GAME?

Is there a trophy at the end? Do you win money? Does Blizzard reward you with a long-term contract extension? Do you get a new corner office on the top floor at Activision?

Nope.

What is competitive about being able to create a character then jump into group and get leveled and geared with zero effort? I've seen threads were guys who do the leveling tell the freshie to sit by the rift entrance until the floor is cleared.

Cheat
/CHēt/
verb

1. act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination.

If YOU aren't playing the game to level your character (e.g. standing at a Rift entrance while somebody else kills everything so you get massive experience from a GR that you couldn't possibly handle), isn't that acting dishonestly to gain an advantage?

If YOU are only running one bounty on a map but reaping the benefits of others doing the same, isn't that acting unfairly to gain an advantage (I'm sure split bounty runs are exactly what Blizz had in mind for groups)?

The only way this game would be considered truly competitive is PvP arena in which death of your character was like Hardcore to the extreme. You die, your gear is gone, you start at level 1 again with zero paragon, zero gear, zero gold.

But since the only "competitive" thing is the "leaderboards," it doesn't really mean squadoosh.

BTW - I'm a mid 400 paragon casual player with a job and a family so I REALLY don't care about the leaderboards or bots or THUD. I come to the forums for advice and gear ideas and play tips so I can have FUN playing a GAME and it's just so tiring to filter through all the whining.
07/16/2015 03:47 PMPosted by PMG
And how does one win this GAME?

You achive a spot on the leaderboards, glory eternal. That's the objective.

07/16/2015 03:47 PMPosted by PMG
BTW - I'm a mid 400 paragon casual player with a job and a family so I REALLY don't care about the leaderboards or bots or THUD. I come to the forums for advice and gear ideas and play tips so I can have FUN playing a GAME and it's just so tiring to filter through all the whining.

O K M A N
So you demand everyone else to start writing nifty tips for you instead?
How about you get your behind over to the class sections and do some reading over there? Throw in a question, it will get answered if it is not completely weird and stupid.
O K M A N
So you demand everyone else to start writing nifty tips for you instead?
How about you get your behind over to the class sections and do some reading over there? Throw in a question, it will get answered if it is not completely weird and stupid.

No, I don't demand anything at all. I do a lot of reading in the class forums. Not even sure what your point is with this comment.
07/15/2015 12:22 PMPosted by NLLSQ
I guess that people bot because parts of the game feel like work (hence the talk about "efficiency"). Once the entire game feels like pleasure, players won't be willing to miss the fun.
The thing is - this is EVERY game. Adding in competitive aspects only magnifies the issue. If people can bot, they will bot.

Diablo has a clear incentive to playing more (as most games do). The solution isn't to remove that incentive. The solution is to take action when it does occur. Right now, there's next to zero consequences for botting. Either Blizzard doesn't want to take action, or is incapable of it. As a result, players feel that botting is safe, unrestricted, and acceptable. The only people that can change that is Blizzard.

07/16/2015 12:53 PMPosted by aBeec
Everyone jumping on this botter bandwagon issue when they should be focusing on other areas of the game first if they plan to make it competitive. Freaking Sheeples.
This is false. The first step to making something (anything) competitive is to level the playing field. NFL players can't use robotic arms. They get drug tested for PEDs. There are rules established. If Blizzard wishes to get serious with their leaderboards/competitive aspects, they will enforce their paradigms. As it stands, they don't seem to have the desire or capability to do so.
07/16/2015 04:05 PMPosted by Shivera
07/15/2015 12:22 PMPosted by NLLSQ
I guess that people bot because parts of the game feel like work (hence the talk about "efficiency"). Once the entire game feels like pleasure, players won't be willing to miss the fun.
The thing is - this is EVERY game. Adding in competitive aspects only magnifies the issue. If people can bot, they will bot.

Diablo has a clear incentive to playing more (as most games do). The solution isn't to remove that incentive. The solution is to take action when it does occur. Right now, there's next to zero consequences for botting. Either Blizzard doesn't want to take action, or is incapable of it. As a result, players feel that botting is safe, unrestricted, and acceptable. The only people that can change that is Blizzard.

07/16/2015 12:53 PMPosted by aBeec
Everyone jumping on this botter bandwagon issue when they should be focusing on other areas of the game first if they plan to make it competitive. Freaking Sheeples.
This is false. The first step to making something (anything) competitive is to level the playing field. NFL players can't use robotic arms. They get drug tested for PEDs. There are rules established. If Blizzard wishes to get serious with their leaderboards/competitive aspects, they will enforce their paradigms. As it stands, they don't seem to have the desire or capability to do so.

Right, lets ignore rift fishing and pylons while we're at it.
07/16/2015 01:34 PMPosted by pensfan080

All this from a paragon 653 player who only has 2 classes geared towards anything remotely close to effective.

So now it's bad to not be an EXP leech?
07/16/2015 03:00 PMPosted by aBeec
Not one bit but it just smells like hypocrisy when someone brings in profiles and paragons. Along with his certain post here.

Lol this is epic
I posted this on your other thread recently.

Ok so let us put this in perspective OP in a simple and (i hope) respectful manner. So your premise is that people basically should mind their own business in reference to how the ranking of a system that rewards performance is currently being allowed? I will assume that this would be a correct assessment.

So if you believe that your opinion is of such value that it should be defended by condemning and insulting those that have a different opinion. Does that not make you a hypocrite?

Reference: www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrite
a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs

How does the opinion of other players that have voiced this matter arduously over a period of years affect your game-play?

You state that "this is not a competitive game", That would illustrate that the manner in which you perceive things is not based on facts that affect the real world.

Reference: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/competitive (edited for space)

Relating to a situation in which people or groups are trying to win a contest or be more successful than others involving competition

: having a strong desire to win or be the best at something

: as good as or better than others of the same kind : able to compete successfully with others.

In your world you would like to see blizzard take care of the botting issue and resolved it (after) they make this a competitive game. Starting something with a flaw tends to make the subject matter brittle at it`s core. (Back to square one same issue different setting)

I would like to share this with you, if other players feel that blizzard is making a mistake in addressing an issue that was and is a hindrance to the essence of the game please come prepared with a valid and well thought argument.

Thank you for your time and i wish you a great day

P.S.

I did not quote your remarks because they are frequent enough in your post.
@Shurgosa, I didnt say my gameplay, I said theirs, as in addressing whomever wishes to reply. Your points are some what out of context or so I believe. How does any of this relate aside from a few points.

And you simply think that reintroducing trading will not implore a splurge of farm botters...

@Skelious, many people have gone back and forth about how leaderboards were an issue given the way GRift and its mechanics work.

If theyre going to aim at a competitive angle then do so and actually make it competitive without the RNG, though its RNG that can be controlled by the players to some extent.

Alot of the players are crying out that botters are making it hard to be competitive. How can one be competitive, those that are crying out against the botters when they just rift fish against those that dont.

Im not saying to not take action, but just want people to understand that this so called competitive scene which everyone is crying out thats being impacted by botters is farfetched to some extent.

07/16/2015 03:47 PMPosted by JekwA
07/16/2015 03:15 PMPosted by aBeec
So youre saying others who have 600-800 Paragons and still make it ranked and even top 100-200 of said class, but you cant so it must be botting...

Right...

Without the botters taking up so many of the "top slots" more legit players would at least stand a chance.

These legit players just dont want to engage in the same flaw that is made available to them, rift fishing or just dont care to do it.

Do you really think top leaderboard holders got their clear time by fighting mobs with affixes such as reflect, jailer, lightening, etc. or mobs of winged assassin and corrupted angels/anarchs?

Huh, looks like forum hiccups and mods, oh well Ill leave this here.