Progress Globes in Greater Rifts, WHY?

General Discussion
I can't understand why they have progress globes at all, if I want to dot or w/e a mob and keep going, I shouldn't have to walk back to pick the globes up for progress. Isn't that why gold, items, etc. doesn't drop till after Rift Guardian there in the first place?
Calm down man, they'll remove progress globes in next 2 weeks, new patch
but progress globes will appear in Nepahlem Rift instead.
Originally they were in the game to prevent players applying a damage over time effect to monsters packs, moving on to the next pack and letting the first pack die in the distance, repeating again and again, this was mainly for the firebird set when it used to dominate.

There are other reasons for them so they may remain in the game in some shape yet.

Cheers.
Sorry, a little context to my complaint was reading the following patch notes:

The amount of progress granted by progress globes in Nephalem and Greater Rifts has been increased

I don't mind it in Nephalem Rifts, since most people are just fooling around running in all directions anyways. But Greater Rifts, say I'm playing a Raekors Barb, and I charge through a pack and it dies, now I have to run back and pick up the orbs to progress properly? That's plain dumb, might as well drop items in this mode too, waste the timer more.
They explained this before somewhere I forget where, but it was something along the lines as. They tried it without globes internally and it felt wrong having nothing to pick up what so ever. So they added globes to make it feel like killing those packs actually drop something. I'm sure I didn't do the line justice but it was pretty much something like that.

Edit:
found it
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/17084479208?page=6#104
08/17/2015 10:39 PMPosted by CooLTanG
say I'm playing a Raekors Barb, and I charge through a pack and it dies, now I have to run back and pick up the orbs to progress properly? That's plain dumb, might as well drop items in this mode too, waste the timer more.

reakors barb in gr what? thats just plain dumb. gimp yourself and cry about it on the forums, well done. might as well do the GR without weapons, that will waste the timer too. try klennex.com or something, and stop posting garbage.
It was just an example build, there is no reason to jab at builds, hell next patch Raekors might be top build. Although I doubt it, but we'll see.

@Suslik Thanks, I'll check that out.
think of the orbs as a progress bonus...you don't have to pick them up if you don't want to
They could just make them pointless to loot, and just for looks. Otherwise its essential to high end rift progress.
08/17/2015 11:26 PMPosted by EBN
08/17/2015 10:39 PMPosted by CooLTanG
say I'm playing a Raekors Barb, and I charge through a pack and it dies, now I have to run back and pick up the orbs to progress properly? That's plain dumb, might as well drop items in this mode too, waste the timer more.

reakors barb in gr what? thats just plain dumb. gimp yourself and cry about it on the forums, well done. might as well do the GR without weapons, that will waste the timer too. try klennex.com or something, and stop posting garbage.

You're right. Let's all just be vanilla and play the SAME barb build that everyone else does. Hooray for variety!

/idiot
08/18/2015 07:32 PMPosted by RunningFast
08/17/2015 11:26 PMPosted by EBN

You're right. Let's all just be vanilla and play the SAME barb build that everyone else does. Hooray for variety!

/idiot

Ignore that guy man, he was trolling he made like 20 posts that day half of them calling people babies or other rude uncalled for comments.
08/18/2015 10:09 PMPosted by VroOmM
because they are pretty.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/17084479208?page=6#104

I think it's hilarious that Blizzard removed all loot in Greater Rifts to remove distractions from players stopping and picking them up since Grifts are timed, but then added completely pointless balls you have to pick up because it looked empty.

That's... you now.
Yep, make them look cool and do nothing imo lol
Im fine with it if the globes isn't that spread out . It should have one big globe only, one big shiny one.

And it should not drop too far from the corpse.

I agree with blizzard, having nothing to pick is boring.
08/19/2015 04:37 PMPosted by Weaver
I agree with blizzard, having nothing to pick is boring.

But that is not the point of a greater rift, speed is the point, if you want to pick up nice shiny things, do a normal rift.
I can understand the OP point, especially now with the increase of speed some of the sets have.
One of the most annoying things about greater rifts and in the game in imo. Doubled it. Its annoying and frustrating. Its a dumb mechanic and I hate it as I'm sure most everyone does.