Rolling...

Wizard
What do I reroll on this?
http://tinypic.com/r/earwnp/8
I dunno, how hard do you want to try and how anal are you about min-maxing?

Nice reply, very helpful. How about as hard as your head an as anal retentive as you?
07/10/2015 04:52 PMPosted by Caedo
Nice reply, very helpful. How about as hard as your head an as anal retentive as you?

He was asking a serious question. Jaetch is very knowledgeable and and helpful dude. Even if if his answers are a little terse at times, I'd recommend not bashing him.

I'm inclined not to answer after that comment, but since I'm a nice guy and it seems like you are new around here, I will anyway.

You have two options:
1) roll to 7% attack speed
2) roll the damage range to max

Rolling the damage range to max will give you more weapon DPS, harder hitting meteors etc. However, it's very difficult to get a good roll. Rolling the attack speed might help you hit a higher breakpoint for your hydras.

Like Jaetch was asking, it'll depend on what you want to do. Do you want to hit the 4.03 hydra BP in a group? If yes, then having 7% attack speed on your weapon will make it significantly easier. If my math is right, with a 6% roll, you CAN'T hit the 4.03 breakpoint with perfect rolls everywhere (7% chest, 7% gloves, 7% bracers, 7% both rings, 50% Tasker's) without running Stretch Time or taking IAS on your amulet.

If you aren't trying to hit that BP (and judging from your gear, I'll take that as a no) and don't need the extra 1% weapon speed to hit a BP, then rolling the damage range *should* give you more damage overall. It'll also be much more difficult.
07/10/2015 04:52 PMPosted by Caedo

Lol,.

It was a legit question.

Goes to show how much thought you put into asking then.
^
Your text isn't green anymore...now you look like us plebes. No wonder he didn't take you srsly :)
I know who Jaetch is. I read his answer to my post as being condescending. If that was not your intent I apologize for any offence I may have caused. English is not my first language. I use the US forums since they see alot more traffic then the EU ones. Thanks for your detailed reply TinneOnnMuin.