No Bandit Shrines

General Discussion
Just realized I didn't see one over my long weekend of playing Season 4. I know that they reduced the % chance of them appearing, but seems like it must have been pretty significant.

Not complaining. Only found it odd to not see one yet and wondered if that is the way it should be.
What is bandit shrines?
Same here; never saw one before or since the nerf. But a coworker said he saw them all over the place before the nerf.
There are two ways Blizz does something.

People play and think hell I am getting one in every Act !! this is too much!!

So Blizz had it set way to high!! So what do they do?

Destroy it so that now you see one once a year.
@Etopen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoQoT_jSXYA

This is a Bandit Shrine.

As for the OP, the spawn chance of Bandit Shrine has been reduced in a hotfix. That might explain why you haven't seen one yet. They have become pretty uncommon.
I FINALLY found one yesterday after nearly a week without one. So they are spawning, just very rare.
All Blizzard needed to do was reduce the spawn rate slightly, and remove them from known/fixed locations. Done.

Instead, they went way overboard, to the point where they are nearly impossible to find. I'd be okay with this if there were actual shrine variety (see: Diablo 1), but there isn't. D1 had tons of shrines; D2 less so, D3 just 4 (5 now).

If the current trend continues, here's the total shrine List for D4:

Buff Shrine: Gain 25% buff (ofc, simplified to just one stat in D4)
Item Shrine: Gain random item
/end
09/01/2015 06:52 AMPosted by Soulinet
@Etopen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoQoT_jSXYA

This is a Bandit Shrine.

As for the OP, the spawn chance of Bandit Shrine has been reduced in a hotfix. That might explain why you haven't seen one yet. They have become pretty uncommon.
Yeah I knew they reduced the chance of one spawning, but thought it was odd to not see a single one.

09/01/2015 06:49 AMPosted by Nefai
Same here; never saw one before or since the nerf. But a coworker said he saw them all over the place before the nerf.
Yeah I played a couple times before the nerf. They were frequent. Needed reduced I am sure, but not as much as they did I suppose.

It'll just make it that much better when I do find one, haha.
09/01/2015 07:04 AMPosted by Shivera
D3 just 4 (5 now).

6. 7 w/ Bandit.

Fleeting, Empowered, Enlightened, Protection, Frenzied, Fortune. And now Bandit.
09/01/2015 07:04 AMPosted by Shivera
D1 had tons of shrines

Ah, and you had to have a key printed out since you had no idea what they did :)
Are the spawns tied to Torment Level? Before season started I had back to back shrines. I have not seen one since.
I see that this topic is getting more popular in the forums. I would guess that they will increase the spawn rate at least somewhat in the future. Remember this is something new they are giving us, so try to be understanding and patient.

It did appear too often before the change in my opinion. When something that should be rare becomes more common, it loses its value and novelty. Vaults are neat and all, but has sort of lost its "HOLY S@$& guys I got a VAULT!!!" effect.
Not one seen since nerf.
Bring back or riot.
I didn't realize they existed and was very confused when I hit a shrine and was surrounded by goblins on three occasions over a weekend! I haven't seen one since then however, probably because of the hot fix that I also didn't know about.

When you do finally find one though, it will be amazing. Loot everywhere!
I see roughly one per hour of play time. I suggest updating your video drivers, and if that fails - replace your graphics card.
Seen a few - I'd guess the spawn rate is the same as goblin packs in rifts.
Found one last night. Spawned ten goblins.
I didn't even know what they were until 5 minutes ago. I've never seen one probably never will.

Fun
I found about a dozen when leveling from 1 to 70 in a group, been mostly solo since to almost 300 paragon and not one after level 70. weird.