AMAZING support from Bllizzard caused DELETE my Charact

Technical Support
Superb. Here i am playing the Trial. Getting hooked up. Finally decided to be grateful and actually buy the game because i like it and want to proceed onward.

Little did i know what mistake that was.

First i bought the game via my second profile. This was my mistake. Now i had my pretty well leveled up (twice made the quests) char on the first profile.

I asked the blizzard support via chat if they're able to transfer something -- a cd key, the purchase, the character... so that i could play it because i already paid for diablo 3, but on my second account.

The dude requested my ID card (which btw could be illegal according to our constitution, i will have to check on that), and told me to trust him - he had this handled. He agreed to help me, make some changes and transfer my accounts so that i can play with my character uncaped.

YEAH HE DID HAD THIS HANDLED.

He asked me if he could delete some data. I agreed - i didn't care as long as i could continue my Wizard.

Little did i know, the dude only transfered my lvl 1 char from the paid account, DELETED my leveled character (that was STICTLY the reason i contacted Blizzard support and he KNEW it). When i alt-tab to tell this to him i receive the Blue Screen of Death (always do, btw -- this is another topic for technical support. Maybe because of Windows 10?).

I restarted my PC, contacted chat again and the next agent says to me how he cannot return my character, How you see everything was lost.
Amazing. So not only did i pay the game and expected a lliiiitle bit of help, but i was promised... AND delivered. So good that it deleted the very thing i asked to be protected.

They cant restore it they say. Thats how diablo 3 operates you know.

AMAZING game. I'm soooo "happy" from mu puchase. So happy that i decided not to be a pirate. No wonder Path of Exile kicks your !@#, guys.

Reminder: NEVER buy Bllizard again. Avoid them like Plaque!
(which btw could be illegal according to our constitution, i will have to check on that)

This is the funniest part of a funny rant.
O.o?

I can see you are angry but maybe I can help explain what just happened.

It appears you made a mistake in how you purchased the game and that CS was confused as to how you wanted to resolve it.

You can only have one game license on your battle.net account. When you created the new license on a second battle.net account it, of course, had no characters. They can't take the "key" from account 2 and apply it to your Trial on bnet 1. What they CAN do is remove the trial and put the paid license over there. The Support person thought you wanted to MOVE the paid license to the other battle.net account. So they did that. I am not sure what was said to make them think that, but they did.

What it seems you really needed, was a refund for the paid copy. Then, you could go to the first account and UPGRADE the trial which would have kept your heroes.

That said, you were only at max lvl 13. That takes a very very short time to do again.

I am sorry to hear there was confusion. Feel free to ask on the forums if you have any other issues and folks can help you out with how to purchase games or how to word support tickets to get them resolved. I would recommend Tech Support as it goes slower and tends to have more folks who understand how Billing and Account Mgt work.

09/09/2015 08:25 AMPosted by Mitizaro
The dude requested my ID card (which btw could be illegal according to our constitution, i will have to check on that),

No, it is not. Your ID is used to prove who you are for anyone who needs it. Asking for it is in no way illegal much less a violation of Constitutional rights. What is required by law is that all personally identifiable information (PII) is safeguarded according to Federal and California PII laws, which Blizzard complies with.
Anyway, Your free trial wizard can't get level higher than 13-17 anyway isn't ? (can't remember well)

So, why do you care? :V

just think it like you jump to another Region and start all over again or something...

those level lower than 20 can actually get back within say.... only 20 second :V

I'm on America Server, If you think you want help, i can power level you to 70 with in 15-20minutes :V
Little did i know, the dude only transfered my lvl 1 char from the paid account, DELETED my leveled character (that was STICTLY the reason i contacted Blizzard support and he KNEW it).

AMAZING game. I'm soooo "happy" from mu puchase. So happy that i decided not to be a pirate. No wonder Path of Exile kicks your !@#, guys.

Reminder: NEVER buy Bllizard again. Avoid them like Plaque!

I'm guessing you lost, what, 5 hours of game time? If you would have just asked, someone in the community would probably power level you and help you get back to where you were. Your situation sucks, but your response is worse.

Also, PoE is behind in most every category. ESPECIALLY support.

If this one situation has caused you to make such a bold claim against a strongly supported gaming company like Blizzard, perhaps you're too young to be playing video games. Go to school and develop some critical thinking, then approach this situation like an adult.
09/09/2015 08:41 AMPosted by Default

If this one situation has caused you to make such a bold claim against a strongly supported gaming company like Blizzard, perhaps you're too young to be playing video games. Go to school and develop some critical thinking, then approach this situation like an adult.

Couldn't have said it better. Surprisingly enough OP, the real world won't cater to each and every one of your needs, once you are an adult and on your own.
Yeah yeah.

Well the support person understood me perfectly. He asked for a refund, but that would take at least 1 day in which i would receive the money again (no i do not keep my cash in the bank). So i asked if there's other way. He told me he knew how to handle it and i would just have to follow the steps.

I asked humbly the agents if they could just level me up to 11 again and mark the quests as solved. No gear, nothing. I was just sick of watching the same old tape again.
They refused. Which is strange because i have heard stories of WoW characters being leveled by Mods when there was an issue.

@SirRight -- you're saying that a customer should not be cared upon? Escpecially if the company !@#$ed up? Do you have a business?? Because i do have one.

And i never knew someone can level me up. I mean i'm kinda new to all this. Not a hardcore gamer. I dont even have much time -- i have a job i love but i find once ot twice a week a bit of gaming time (today). So 5hours to me is actually a lot.

P.S. -- According to the PR that got me into the game -- once i Buy paid account my trial hero will be level uncapped and quests shall continue.
Yeah he was pretty well uncapped... like head-off.
If you deal with your customers the same way you act on this forum when you have an issue, then I certainly wouldn't visit your "business" again. Got a beet? Air it via tech support and don't come to the General forum and throw a temper tantrum.

I'm outta here!
09/09/2015 09:06 AMPosted by Mitizaro
Well the support person understood me perfectly. He asked for a refund, but that would take at least 1 day in which i would receive the money again (no i do not keep my cash in the bank).

Glad to see he offered you the correct answer first. Sounds like you declined.

So i asked if there's other way. He told me he knew how to handle it and i would just have to follow the steps.

He asked me if he could delete some data. I agreed

It sounds like he told you that he would have to delete the information and that you agreed based on the mention of it in your first post. You just made an incorrect assumption he could restore the character.

I asked humbly the agents if they could just level me up to 11 again and mark the quests as solved. No gear, nothing. I was just sick of watching the same old tape again.
They refused. Which is strange because i have heard stories of WoW characters being leveled by Mods when there was an issue

No, they can't do that even in WoW. GMs don't have the tools in their custom software to change char levels at all. For D3 they can't interact with the game at all. Support for the two is vastly different, but not even in WoW can they do what you wanted.

@SirRight -- you're saying that a customer should not be cared upon? Escpecially if the company <snip> up? Do you have a business?? Because i do have one.

To be bluntly honest you made the mistake. Not them. They gave you the right support - an offer of a refund and you refused. They told you the only other way was to move the paid license over but it requires deleting the trial. You agreed. Maybe you only agreed because you mistakenly thought they could level you again, but that is not their mistake.

And i never knew someone can level me up

Yes, someone can group with you and power level you.

P.S. -- According to the PR that got me into the game -- once i Buy paid account my trial hero will be level uncapped and quests shall continue.
Yeah he was pretty well uncapped... like head-off.

There is a HUGE difference between upgrading an account, and making a new one on a separate battle.net.
If someone was dealing with his customers the way they did with me, they'd be homeless.
Oh, wait... i guess i AM unsatisfied customer!
Okay so now its my fault. Nice.

I ASKED HIM STRAIGHT UP if i would KEEP MY CHARACTER.
HE SAID IT WILL WORK OUT, I HAVE TO JUST TRUST HIM.

Is that not clear? And he did not inform me that the data was going to be the exact thing i wanted NOT to be deleted. I could be very angry even for not being informed properly btw.

And yes i did make a mistake. Hoping for support.
The dude requested my ID card (which btw could be illegal according to our constitution, i will have to check on that),
Since your account is Euro, I'm guessing you are from there hence your remark. I don't know much about constitutions in other countries. Seems like you have made some weird mistakes with your account.

Tough world!

Good luck!
09/09/2015 09:25 AMPosted by Mitizaro
If someone was dealing with his customers the way they did with me, they'd be homeless.
Oh, wait... i guess i AM unsatisfied customer!

Wow...ok even with it all explained you are still acting like this. YOU make the mistake and refused the correct fix when offered it. YOU approved them deleting the Trial to give you the paid license on that bnet account.

You got excellent support... the only issue seems to be your expectations and knowledge of how the system works. Oh, and you are ignoring the actual explanations designed to help clarify and prevent problems in the future.

Best of luck.
Nice. You go to the store and ask "Can i get this Pork meat? I want it minced... can i get this one?"
"No problem. Just trust me."

"Ok"

"Here's is your Chicken meat."

"But i wanted the PORK one."

"Well its your fault for not knowing how i operate, while i ask you to just wait."

"So its my fault for wanting the chicken meat?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry it turned that this way. Btw i'm not going to face any respinsibility. I won't make it up for you, and you have to take the chicken. Tough world. Best of luck"

And you have no right to ask for an ID, btw. I checked. Only Police officers have the right to do so, and goverement bodies within our Republic.
Basicly you broke a law, but i'm unsure if anything can come out of this.

Oh, wait... you mean its not nice to be a dikck? Like you?
Anyone in softcore mode want to throw the op a bone and pl him back to 13 or whatever?
Ummm just level a new wiz, took me about 15 mins to get to level 70 if that, not that hard, just sayin.
09/09/2015 09:47 AMPosted by EmmetOtter
Anyone in softcore mode want to throw the op a bone and pl him back to 13 or whatever?

I'll level him to 70 if he adds me.
Who says i want to? The problem is my gaming time is over. I might play again to level up (and do the quests FOR THE neeeeeext time).

Or refund the game. I dunno.

I truly liked it, much more than PoE and i've never given money for a game. Decided to be grateful this time. Oh, well you always learn in life!

As a matter of fact the only reason i'm angy is the tech's responses here.The game itself i believe is better than the other games similar.
09/09/2015 09:51 AMPosted by Mitizaro
As a matter of fact the only reason i'm angy is the tech's responses here.The game itself i believe is better than the other games similar.

Ok? But she is correct.

The problem was caused by you. Not by Blizzard. Maybe there was a small misunderstanding, but again it appears you had unrealistic expectations.

It would take minutes to get to level 13 again. Others have offered to level you up, but you continue to stomp your feet.

Mature.