Solo play is dead in seasons...

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 21 Next
Let me fix your title for you: "Solo Play is Obsolete in Seasons..."

It's a very valid point that you bring up. It appears that the community only really concerns themselves with the 4-player compositions, the #1 slot in each bracket of play, and top end streamers. Those on top of the solo leader boards simply played in a group to take advantage of the bonuses of doing so and then went to fill the solo ladder (or 2's and 3's).

Unfortunately, as long a player is able to group with others to obtain gear and experience, there is no true way to prevent solo boards from being tainted. There are some drastic solutions that could be implemented, but it is highly unlikely that Blizzard will want to segregate its' community for the sake of the individual.

The few ideas that come to mind would be:

-Predetermined ladder type for the character (solo, 2's, 3's, 4's) and that character may only activate a game when the proper party size is filled.

-Loot collected when not participating in your specific ladder would be flagged unusable unless in the proper party size. In other words, you can't go into a 4's and get loot and use it in solo play competitively.

As stated though, these are not necessarily the values this game or Blizzard intends. Blizzard continues to support individuals who choose to play solo, but they thrive on the concept of community.
Looks like the majority of people here haven't played since vanilla release... There was a time where soloing was better then grouping...And everyone just soloed at those times. They didn't liked that and "fixed" the problem, then magically everyone grouped.

Anyways, I do agree that over time grouping got way too much advantage over soloing. Maybe they should narrow that a bit, not by nerfing grouping, but buffing solo play.
09/02/2015 06:34 PMPosted by Lito
Maybe they should narrow that a bit, not by nerfing grouping, but buffing solo play.

That's exactly what we here need to discuss. Blizzard already announced through the reddit Q&A that a buff to solo is coming. So how will this buff look? What they can make?
I played multiplayer once, i think everyone left cause i didn't know how to act? -- not being a fast type nor having the time to study group manners i have logged many hours playing solo. right now I'm very disheartened with the season 4, all the new stuff is cool but too difficult and time consuming for the items rewarded. at 52 i just want to veg after work and kill some monsters by myself -- its not as rewarding as before. unless this changes ill hang it up due to lack of positive reinforcement for a solo player. maybe im just old school...
just feels kinda unfair im lvling ma char through story lvl 42 after couple of hours, friend joins lvl 1 with friends is 70 + 100paragon in the same time ^^

i dun think its much of a difference
I've had exams (finals i believe you yanks call them) this week have played literrally 1 third of the time of my friends and am 5 grift levels ahead of the nearest one at grift 50.

Most of my time has been spent solo the rest with my partner playing 2 player.
All of my friends on the other hand play nothing but groups other than trying to push their solo grift scores.

Funny how there's this group of friendless anti social people that are so aggrivated by the small boost group play gives...
I solved this problem yesterday

Season 5

Create New Seasonal Solo Play Only

*Warning this Character will only be able to play SOLO and not with others*

You will have a separate Ladder Per Class

True Solo WD
True Solo Wizard
True Solo DH
True Solo Cru
True Solo Barb
True Solo MNK

Solved
09/02/2015 06:34 PMPosted by Lito
Looks like the majority of people here haven't played since vanilla release... There was a time where soloing was better then grouping...And everyone just soloed at those times. They didn't liked that and "fixed" the problem, then magically everyone grouped.

Anyways, I do agree that over time grouping got way too much advantage over soloing. Maybe they should narrow that a bit, not by nerfing grouping, but buffing solo play.
A bit of difference will be now that we actually get drops and be strong compared to vanilla D3. afaik even then you got more XP when doing multiplayer, but the health of them scaled more than it is now.
09/03/2015 06:24 AMPosted by Ionz22

Season 5

True Solo WD
True Solo Wizard
True Solo DH
True Solo Cru
True Solo Barb
True Solo MNK

Solved

Yes, well, if this is your solution then there's a reason you're not working on this game.
The xp buff/s should be for Hardcore only.To get more than 800 paragon in less than a week of a season is xp 'on the cheap'.
09/03/2015 06:34 AMPosted by Hattrick
09/03/2015 06:24 AMPosted by Ionz22

Season 5

True Solo WD
True Solo Wizard
True Solo DH
True Solo Cru
True Solo Barb
True Solo MNK

Solved

Yes, well, if this is your solution then there's a reason you're not working on this game.

The only solution is to remove exp gear. That has been the meta for 4 seasons now and its now split? I loved this change but lets be real this whole conversation stems from Solo players wanting to be able to compete on the Seasonal Ladder...

1. If you do not ISBOX 4 accounts you can not compete for a ladder spot or find gear (you would know this if you ixboxed or played a TON of hours)
2. Exp gear = the meta if your not grouping to level gems/exp your wasting your time?
3. If you play solo you will never ever have a chance @ Finishing on the Ladder this is a fact even if they remove EXP Gear... You can not level your gems solo as high as you can in group.... So why isn't my idea the solution.... Entitlement

Also if i was in charge we would have Trade in season only / Charms / Rune words / Runes / a Charm only inventory.. a bigger inventory per character / Stash space / More paragon stats / MF / Jewelry amulets / rings no longer roll socket but gifts can add sockets (1) to them #grind Sigh i wish i was in charge it wouldn't be a casual low end cry baby fest like it is now.. Rune words would require X Lego with X Rune to craft its so hard...................... Charms 5% Fire damage SO HARD
I typically play solo, but have been forced out because of the issues listed by the OP. The Leg drop rate and the XP are significantly higher in a multiplayer game. Solo definitely needs some love.....
09/03/2015 07:17 AMPosted by Ionz22
this whole conversation stems from Solo players wanting to be able to compete on the Seasonal Ladder
You're quite wrong.

This all stems from solo players being fed up with getting stomped over by an out of control buff.

In season 1 the buffs were not a huge problem because the level of GRifts a group could face was not that much higher than T6.

Then power creep set in, the BUG that was multiplicative XP in GRifts has been discovered and power multiplied by +XP started the divergence.

The Grifts bug was set as canon because of the nearsightness of the devs, powercreep kept going, and now we are at a point where XP gains have skyrocketed.

Next season powercreep will raise once more the top GRifts, increasing as a consequence the XP/hour obtained, and increasing the disparity between solo and multi.
Are you playing single player or priding yourself on never grouping with another soul? If you are solo, and apparently don't care about anyone else, why do leader boards matter? Why does it matter if you gear slightly slower (unbeknownst to you because you are solo? - or you only know this because you visit forums or watch streams / videos of people vastly out gearing you)

I just feel a break in logic.
99% of the time i play solo. I have fully geared my crusader with only entering maybe 4 multiplayer games, of which were bounties. I enjoy solo more than public personally. every now and then a friend will join in my game but im usually by myself.. I thoroughly enjoy it that way most of the time.
It's almost like they maybe don't want people to treat this like a single player game.
09/03/2015 05:07 AMPosted by donkiam
just feels kinda unfair im lvling ma char through story lvl 42 after couple of hours, friend joins lvl 1 with friends is 70 + 100paragon in the same time ^^

i dun think its much of a difference

Then your friend is missing out on a lot of fun. Skipping to the end is not fun. It's like buying GTA 5, but entering a cheat code immediately and playing god without actually enjoying the game.

People need to enjoy the journey and not be in such a rush to the end.
Beware Verbose ....

Solo play is dead in seasons... I call bull!@#$ - look at public games for example of solo playing...so yeah bull%^-*

Looking back in the history of posts ... there have been a myriad of complaints regarding single and multi player aspects of D3.

This particular thread is ridiculous. Solo playing in a seasons is not dead. If anything, it has its advantages over group playing.

But for a person like me to make such a statement can be considered dangerous and ill-informed by the masses. This would be a wrong assumption. Let us take a quick look.

1. Solo play allows for TTL (time to level or loot).

2. All the mobs are yours, especially in GR ... pick a style of play and go for it ... you're never wrong

3. There is little to no social interactivity in chat ... no synergy with most public games (shame too really)

4. People are so much greedier than yourself in public games ....
- try dropping a lego that you need for space in personal inventory during one these of games
if you don't get ninja looted .... lucky you

5. People want to be front runners in all public games... we all want to show off ... show off the build that is not so cookie cutter ... diversity .... only in solo playing

6. People will always "four winds" when grouping in D3 cause they all can solo, yet miss the very idea of a group adventure.

7. Solo play is not dead ... in fact ... it is alive and well ... You just happen to witness it more and more while in a pubic ... errr .. public game.

8. List is too long ...
09/03/2015 05:24 AMPosted by Unforgiven
Funny how there's this group of friendless anti social people that are so aggrivated by the small boost group play gives...

It's not about being antisocial. I just did some math and found that even AFK people who contribute nothing to your run still net you double the EXP you'd get solo. That's where it crosses the line for me.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18724766759

If the bonuses are granted by people playing smartly together (even if not equal in gear/skill) I can accept that. But it should not be more efficient in almost every way to have a multibox account just follow you around, vs playing by yourself.

Also love the "friendless" jab. I play console offline. I plug in 3 controllers, craft them some EXP gear and go to town. No spending money on extra accounts, no botting program that lets you move 3 accounts in unisom. The console literally DOES IT ALL FOR YOU. Out of everyone in this thread I stand to profit the most from the way these mechanics work, and even I'm saying hah lolno.

09/03/2015 08:41 AMPosted by Toosdey
It's almost like they maybe don't want people to treat this like a single player game.

I still do. Just have AFK EXP bots follow me around. Checkmate.
I only play solo. Well except when I get my longtime friends to kill T10 ubers for me in a few seconds using my machines.