Bonus Caches should not be in the game.

General Discussion
We all know that every recipe takes an equal amount of mats.

In a perfect world we would be able to run 25 bounties/5 acts with friends and always have the same amount of mats.

I began to list all the half-completed game scenarios I have seen... There are so many... They have happened to us all....

It is very difficult to find people who have the patience to run 25 bounties in a row.

Ok. So now I have 10/25/38/22/0 mats. And A3 is the bonus Act. What now?

I am frustrated, because I will get 1/2 the reward for the same effort if I solo the act. Also, I am reluctant to ask someone to join for the same reason...

I want to be free to do the act I want, and to be able to invite others for that specific act.

Back to my point: How is there a benefit to the bonus cache? Am I supposed to wait 4 hrs till the act I need is bonus? I don't want to join with others to do 10,15, or 20 other bounties that I don't need.

Solution: Remove bonus bounties, and buff them, by 50%. They serve no purpose since we don't need the gold/shards. We need mats!

So 6 mats for a T7 game. (the game level. vs. mat rate is for another thread)
08/30/2015 06:55 AMPosted by VitaKaninen
Solution: Remove bonus bounties, and buff them, by 50%. They serve no purpose since we don't need the gold/shards. We need mats!

I'd rather a system where the "bonus" is tied to additional bounties. For example, keep the standard 5 bounties = cache system that we've known forever, and once you've completed that you can do 2-3 more bounties in the same act for the bonus bag.
This, I can agree with.
Cool suggestion! 5 bounty, + 2-3 bounty for bonus!!

I am frustrated, because I will get 1/2 the reward for the same effort if I solo the act. Also, I am reluctant to ask someone to join for the same reason...

[/quote]

You lost me here.
The bounty rewards of T7 are the same if you solo or are in a group of 4, are they not?

It takes longer to do solo vs. split bounties, but afaik, the rewards as far as mats go are the same. No?
We all know that every recipe takes an equal amount of mats.

In a perfect world we would be able to run 25 bounties/5 acts with friends and always have the same amount of mats.

I began to list all the half-completed game scenarios I have seen... There are so many... They have happened to us all....

It is very difficult to find people who have the patience to run 25 bounties in a row.

Ok. So now I have 10/25/38/22/0 mats. And A3 is the bonus Act. What now?

I want to be free to do the act I want, and to be able to invite others for that specific act.

Back to my point: How is there a benefit to the bonus cache? Am I supposed to wait 4 hrs till the act I need is bonus? I don't want to join with others to do 10,15, or 20 other bounties that I don't need.

Just remove the bonus bounties and buff bounties by 50%. So 6 mats for T7. (the rift level. vs. mat rate is for another thread)

08/30/2015 07:05 AMPosted by BobWitchDR

I'd rather a system where the "bonus" is tied to additional bounties. For example, keep the standard 5 bounties = cache system that we've known forever, and once you've completed that you can do 2-3 more bounties in the same act for the bonus bag.

+1 to you guys. Another solution is to keep the bonus cache for gold, regular mats, shards. But normalize the act specific mats whether it's the bonus act or not. Basically what VitaKaninen said but not removing the concept of a bonus act completely.
There is an easy fix to this problem...

1) Make it some the bonus shifts with each game. Right now if you exit and remake the bonus won't move which is the the problem. If you can search for games that have your missing bonus that would fix the problem.

2) or make sure that it never moves when you make games, so if your in a group and you leave with the act 5 bonus missing then when you make a new game a day or week later it's still the same. Currently the only way to get a new bonus is to wait a day (or maybe a set amount of hours) before it resets to a new location.

The bonus moving after a day combined with the bonus not moving when remaking games is creating this problem. Both issues contracdict each other causing mat discrepancies.
I'd prefer the cache to have 1 of each of the 5 mats, rather than being forced to run all 5 acts before I can extract 1 legendary power.

Nothing you can do will make Acts 4 and 5 bounties suck less :(
Yes, some people quit early but most people need every type of resource so they complete the games.

The bigger problem I've been having is people that are completing the wrong acts (note not running the wrong acts to optimize but finishing all 5 quests and turning in). In general, they never respond to text (either because they are botting or speak no english), and you try to tell them to stop like 5 or 6 times before you kick them. Sometimes that kick fails or doesn't come in time.

This week, it's happened about 10 times to me. 7 of the 10 I was able to boot before they turned in the wrong act (all while running or just completing the last bounty of that act).

If it's a bot program, I sincerely hope whoever wrote it fixes that portion of the code.
Once you complete the bonus act, the bonus moves to another act. You're still talking about doing all five acts, so if you keep doing the bonus act, you'll get double the mats. You just have to suck it up and play in the order the game wants you to.
I have seen petty bullsh-t but this thread takes the cake... You are literally crying about your crafting stacks not being even...

Just quit the game dude... Just stop playing the game if it is such a terrible experience for you... Just back away from your computer and go outside.
08/30/2015 08:39 AMPosted by Turkeyspit
You lost me here.
The bounty rewards of T7 are the same if you solo or are in a group of 4, are they not?

The cache rewards are the same in solo vs 4 man, but it takes ~150% longer. That's not the point.

If I need the mats for a certain Act, no one will play with me if it is not currently the bonus act, and if I solo the act, it takes 3-4 times as long. Then I only get 4 mats instead of 8.

My question is WHY?

08/30/2015 09:02 AMPosted by Turkeyspit
I'd prefer the cache to have 1 of each of the 5 mats, rather than being forced to run all 5 acts before I can extract 1 legendary power.

I think this is a really good alternative, if they feel the need to keep bonus cache in the game.

08/30/2015 07:05 AMPosted by BobWitchDR
keep the standard 5 bounties = cache system that we've known forever, and once you've completed that you can do 2-3 more bounties in the same act for the bonus bag

Another good idea!
you can always speed run the non bonus acts only to catch up on deficits
08/30/2015 11:11 AMPosted by Agrun

True, but now I am 2-3 games behind on one mat. That is no fun to run 15 bounties in a row solo.

Again, WHY is this in the game?
08/30/2015 11:15 AMPosted by VitaKaninen
08/30/2015 11:11 AMPosted by Agrun

True, but now I am 2-3 games behind on one mat. That is no fun to run 15 bounties in a row solo.

Again, WHY is this in the game?

So when the 99% of players who aren't like you are playing the game, over time, they can get the bonus acts and get twice the number of shards as normal...

"Oh its act 5 right now, better run it..."
"Hey its act 2..."

Eventually they have done one set of 5 bounties and have twice as many materials as they would have otherwise had.

Its only an issue because YOU in particular trying to grind for some reason have made it an issue.
08/30/2015 11:39 AMPosted by Hartagon
Its only an issue because YOU in particular trying to grind for some reason have made it an issue.

Yet no one has answered my original question as to WHY it is in the game to begin with.

every recipe takes an equal amount of mats.

We should feel free to do whatever bounty we want and still be able to invite others. As it is now, I can't invite others for doing a non-bonus act, and therefore I have to solo it for half the mats
08/30/2015 11:48 AMPosted by VitaKaninen
08/30/2015 11:39 AMPosted by Hartagon

Yet no one has answered my original question as to WHY it is in the game to begin with.

every recipe takes an equal amount of mats.

We should feel free to do whatever bounty we want and still be able to invite others. As it is now, I can't invite others for doing a non-bonus act, and therefore I have to solo it for half the mats

Perhaps you can't read?

I literally just said why its in the game...

So over time you get twice as much for the same amount of effort.
08/30/2015 12:05 PMPosted by Hartagon
Perhaps you can't read?

I literally just said why its in the game...

Sorry about that. I just skipped it since it didn't apply to the reason I run bounties. Does anyone run bounties for a few shards?

I guess they only give so few that I never thought that shards was a motivation to do bounties.

If that is the reason for the bonus cache, then great! Let it only have shards/gold and put the bonus mats in the regular cache!