Bonus Bounties. Why?

General Discussion
Bonus mats for doing the act randomly choose for us? Not my cup of tea. I'd like to choose which act I want to farm and not get only half the mats for it.
It's an IQ check!
Whether you can figure out which bounty is a bonus bounty or not.
If you can! K-tching, double bounty!!
08/31/2015 08:50 PMPosted by Kaspa
not get only half the mats for it.

Or maybe the bonus bounties give double the regular amount?
08/31/2015 09:31 PMPosted by Tildeman
not get only half the mats for it.

Or maybe the bonus bounties give double the regular amount?

That would apply if there was only one bonus per game. Then you could do whatever act(s) you enjoy and only potentially miss out on a couple mats per game. Because the bonus bounces from act to act as it's finished, though, it's not a bonus. It's just a mandatory "Do them in this random order or receive half the reward for the same total effort" gimmick.
I agree completely.

Here is an alternative:

Make it so that only PUBLIC games have a starting bonus act, and let it be the Act that the Leader selects from the drop down list when he makes it public! He gets to pick the bonus starting Act and leave game whenever he wants. Bonus Acts cycle as they do now.

Private games should have all acts be bonus, since you will probably be doing them all anyway. Complete them in whatever order you like.
My guess is that Blizzard didn't want players, who had already taken to split farming bounties when it was only necessary to run one act, to feel like the only efficient way to farm bounties for mats would be to split up and have one person farming each act solo. They've done similar things to force players to stay together in the past. By making one act the far superior choice to farm at any given time, players will typically make the decision to at least stay in the same region as the others in the party.

I don't think it's a huge deal, but I would honestly prefer the freedom to farm whichever act I like when I like. Especially when you can't complete all 5 acts in one game, such as earlier today when I was kicked from a game 2 acts in. I assume the players, who all had Korean names, didn't speak english. So when Act 2 came around and I told them I couldn't run Ancient Devices because it crashes my game (has for months, thanks for fixing the AMD graphics bounty crashes before releasing the big bounty update Blizz), they just saw me sitting in town and kicked me. I then ran the other 3 acts solo twice in a row to even up my mats, because there wasn't much point in just running bounties like normal and always having extra mats for two acts when everything I'll ever use them for needs an equal number of each.
I agree, remove bonus bounty caches!

50% of the resources, 100% of the time.
If I'm farming mats from the bounties, I'm going to do all 5 acts to keep my stacks even. I really don't care what order it tells me to do them since they'll all get done anyway.
08/31/2015 10:07 PMPosted by BlessedFool

I don't think it's a huge deal, but I would honestly prefer the freedom to farm whichever act I like when I like. Especially when you can't complete all 5 acts in one game, such as earlier today when I was kicked from a game 2 acts in. I assume the players, who all had Korean names, didn't speak english. So when Act 2 came around and I told them I couldn't run Ancient Devices because it crashes my game (has for months, thanks for fixing the AMD graphics bounty crashes before releasing the big bounty update Blizz), they just saw me sitting in town and kicked me. I then ran the other 3 acts solo twice in a row to even up my mats, because there wasn't much point in just running bounties like normal and always having extra mats for two acts when everything I'll ever use them for needs an equal number of each.

You can start running bounties in another act before the bonus act is claimed and not mess up the bonus. So rather than sitting in town while people finish up an act, you could just start another bounty run in any other act that wasn't finished. If that area turns out to be the next bonus act, great. If not, finish your one bounty and then jump to wherever the bonus act is and do one there. As long as you claim the completed acts in the proper bonus sequence by meeting Tyrael inside the act designated as bonus, it doesn't matter what order you do individual bounties. If you are split farming, and you got folks standing around in town or you have several people in the same bounty (except for the very last one), you aren't doing it efficiently.
Bounty mats are also used in crafting, not just in the cube, and ou don't need all of them to craft an object, only a couple, so you need to stack on those you need.

Having to run through all the acts because the bonus you actually need is not in the right order is a huge pain, and you can't even mindfully plan what to farm because of the random spawn.
I think people may have misinterpreted OP, I think he is saying the bonus shouldn't be randomly selected but more of our choice. Bonus going from act 1 then to act 5 is kind of annoying, cause we would like to do these in order so when someone is about to completing act 1 we can go ahead and start on the next act.

Is that so bad to make fun of the OP for?
08/31/2015 10:50 PMPosted by Bianchi4Me
You can start running bounties in another act before the bonus act is claimed and not mess up the bonus. So rather than sitting in town while people finish up an act, you could just start another bounty run in any other act that wasn't finished. If that area turns out to be the next bonus act, great. If not, finish your one bounty and then jump to wherever the bonus act is and do one there. As long as you claim the completed acts in the proper bonus sequence by meeting Tyrael inside the act designated as bonus, it doesn't matter what order you do individual bounties. If you are split farming, and you got folks standing around in town or you have several people in the same bounty (except for the very last one), you aren't doing it efficiently.

That is exactly the way I am doing it.
I think it's more of a bot deterrent. I've ran into a couple already in public games. They all start at act 1 and roll through in a straight order regardless of bonuses.
09/01/2015 01:46 AMPosted by Dingusinajar
I think it's more of a bot deterrent. I've ran into a couple already in public games. They all start at act 1 and roll through in a straight order regardless of bonuses.
I highly doubt a bot can't detect which act has a bonus active...
I think most of the people in this thread don't know the definition of a BONUS! If you want to farm a specific act for specific mats then go for it, you aren't losing out on anything. If you really want to get the Bonus for your act then remake the game until that act is the Bonus. Otherwise stop !@#$%ing about a BONUS!
I posted a similar thread during PTR which got no love either. The "bonus" is simply a bloat system that shouldn't exist and only merely causes confusion to people who don't yet understand how it works.
09/01/2015 01:52 AMPosted by Fallsmyer
If you want to farm a specific act for specific mats then go for it, you aren't losing out on anything
Not losing anything? How about losing half the mats you're farming for...
I think most of the people in this thread don't know the definition of a BONUS! If you want to farm a specific act for specific mats then go for it, you aren't losing out on anything. If you really want to get the Bonus for your act then remake the game until that act is the Bonus. Otherwise stop !@#$%ing about a BONUS!

Doesn't work like that, takes one hour for the random act to reset.
09/01/2015 01:56 AMPosted by Alksaar1

Doesn't work like that, takes one hour for the random act to reset.

I was complaining about the same thing too in the other threads and the "best" answer I got from an MVP was the developers do it to "encourage" players to finish all quests in ONE sitting. i hate the current system too and I currently have an uneven number of mats :(
08/31/2015 10:08 PMPosted by novakaine
I agree, remove bonus bounty caches!

It was the playing community that asked for it. Go rage at your fellow gamers.

Bonus mats for doing the act randomly choose for us? Not my cup of tea. I'd like to choose which act I want to farm and not get only half the mats for it.

If you do a non bonus act you get all the mats, the bonus gives you extra, not non bonus gives you less