Bandit Shrine still exist?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 10 Next
09/11/2015 04:01 AMPosted by Aspirine
sudden and unexpected? I've never seen them, why go through all the trouble of making these things when they are hardly seen by anyone?

Almost paragon 500, with 0 GRift group powerleveling and still have seen only one. And I clicked it at a bad time because I forgot these things even exist.
Haven't seen a bandit shrine.

I don't mind them being super rare though.

Better than around every corner like some people want.
2 bandit shrines so far in S4 in 350+ paragon levels.
09/10/2015 06:37 PMPosted by Tyvalir
Bandit Shrines are very real! Their spawn rate was bugged on the PTR, which caused them to appear way more often than intended. Since they are an unlisted feature in Patch 2.3.0, the fix to them was also not mentioned anywhere in the patch notes.
lol? Spoken like a true politician. Okay, even if I believed you - here's the question now: How did the shrines remained "bugged" throughout the entire duration of the PTR? Don't you fix bugs on the PTR?

Their current appearance rate makes them more of a sudden and unexpected delight, which was always the intent behind them. Hope that helps! :)
No, their current appearance rate makes them virtually non-existent. I've yet to see one officially in S4. Here's the follow-up question: Can you explain the contrast between Blizzard stating that 3rd party websites, forums, etc should NOT be a source of information while simultaneously intentionally obfuscating the existence of Bandit Shrines in the game? Blizzard has stated on multiple occasions that they desired all game features to be clearly visible within the game itself.
While I agree that it shouldnt be extremely common I think they nerfed it TOO much. I havent seen one since the day of the patch.

Its like the Cow Rift. I can understand wanting it to be Uncommon.... but super rare is just lame.
09/09/2015 07:58 AMPosted by GatElttab
Can someone confirm they are not only fossils at this point?

Bandit Shrines are very real! Their spawn rate was bugged on the PTR, which caused them to appear way more often than intended. Since they are an unlisted feature in Patch 2.3.0, the fix to them was also not mentioned anywhere in the patch notes.

Their current appearance rate makes them more of a sudden and unexpected delight, which was always the intent behind them. Hope that helps! :)

Can we get a different look for them? Too many times people click them faster then they can be read. It is best to get the group together to kill them off.
09/10/2015 06:41 PMPosted by BobWitchDR
Another delight would be to have their actual appearance altered so us speed demons that spam click everything in sight don't accidentally trigger one without warning the group. I've witnessed this fun little addition to the game cause great turmoil among strangers.

While i agree with the appearance change maybe you should ..... ummm PAY ATTENTION.

09/10/2015 06:41 PMPosted by EnkerZan
Sorry, but spawning 1 shrine per game made like it was a gob portal or cow goblin is not very fair to the community, just saying.

How is it not fair? So damn that RNG?
Personally, I think it was a horrible idea to nerf them. I felt that the bandit shrine was the equalizer in terms of drop rates between bounties/rifts/grifts.

Sure, we get legs from the caches, but in terms of getting legs from running the bounties themselves, they are far and few between. Having the bandit shrine readily available in bounties meant you could actually have a good balance between finding legs while running bounties, as well as finding legs from rifts and grifts.

Now that the bandit shrine is gone, bounties simply become a boring grind for cube materials. If I don't need cube materials, I never run bounties anymore. Well done blizz, you have successfully made bounties relatively pointless again.

This change makes me sad.

These shrines add an interesting and engaging dynamic to the game. In my experience it is very difficult to chase down and kill all the goblins that the shrines spawn, so you have to choose what you want to do.

Do you go after the largest group of goblins? Prioritize the one you want and let the others escape? Try running around and getting a hit on all of them to keep them from warping out?

The way I see it: By reducing the spawn rate to the point where they are so rare that people don't see them any more, you have effectively removed this fun dynamic from the game. Since video games are meant to be fun and entertaining, effectively removing things like this from a game is a change for the worse.
rare is an understatement....not one found since patch

neat and fun design blizz
I find like 10 puzzle rings per day... It is at the point now where I don't even want to spend the time required to open the goblin level and run through it.

They really arent much different than the Sire goblin that splits up and I come across them at an ok rate. Therefor I suggest to make the Bandit Shrine rate the same as the Sire spawn rate.

As it is I havent seen one since Day 1 of the patch and I have played a few hours every day.
09/10/2015 06:41 PMPosted by BobWitchDR
Another delight would be to have their actual appearance altered so us speed demons that spam click everything in sight don't accidentally trigger one without warning the group.

That makes sense - I've had my share of accidental clicks on these shrines before realizing what they are (since they're visually identical to others). Will pass this on!
I saw like 3 in an hour before they patched it. Hadn't seen one since until last night. I can confirm that they DO exist. It would be nice if they had a unique visual, cuz I clicked on it while split farming bounties, and didn't get a chance to have all the other players there when I started it
So this will be like Cow Rifts or Goblin packs, where it has a spawn rate so low that it may as well not be in the game at all? I guess I just don't get why the devs put time into making something that so few people will ever see.
Havent you guys ever heard the term "Less is more".

If you discover bandit shrines too often they will start to feel far less valuable kind of how like now puzzle rings in the cube makes the treasure vault (at least for me anyways) feel a lot less valuable. I mean its nice that I can be invited/invite to a treasure vault inside my clan and friends list but the excitement definitely has been reduced.

As soon as I could get on when seasons started I ran into them quite a bit for the first couple days and while it was fun I could definitely say that continuing that for months would make bandits shrines less rewarding.
Their current appearance rate makes them more of a sudden and unexpected delight

I haven't seen one in 699 paragon levels in S4. Seeing one that infrequently isn't delightful. The rarity vs. reward is just kind of stupid.

I've encountered goblin packs several times that are just as, if not more rewarding than a bandit shrine (and they're not really that rewarding usually).

When I finally see my first bandit shrine, if I ever do, I'll probably just roll my eyes or shake my head at the absurdity of the spawn rate.

I think when you hotfixed the spawn rate you accidentally added an extra 0 before the 1. Maybe 2 extra... You can't possibly have really thought they should be as rare as they are... It's not like they toss perfectly rolled ancients at you or something.
09/11/2015 08:30 AMPosted by MagicBuzz
How is it not fair? So damn that RNG?

Not fair as in nerfing the spawn chance into oblivion to the point where more than half of the community hasn't seen one spawn since the nerf. I agree that it was too common before, but this nerf went way overboard.
09/11/2015 10:18 AMPosted by Borg
I haven't seen one in 699 paragon levels in S4.

699 para, u probably are mostly doing rifts then. I'm pretty sure bandit shrines only spawn outside of rifts.
09/11/2015 11:08 AMPosted by OneButtnDash
09/11/2015 10:18 AMPosted by Borg
I haven't seen one in 699 paragon levels in S4.

699 para, u probably are mostly doing rifts then. I'm pretty sure bandit shrines only spawn outside of rifts.

I've also farmed hellfire machines and mats and have over 750 bounties completed. Many of which were done solo and in 2 player runs, I only recently within the past couple days have run any split runs in public games and then only a handful of those. I've seen a great many shrines both in and out of rifts.

My paragon comes mostly from a handful of XP runs gettins 10s of billions of XP/hr while the rest of my time is spent doing other things. If I spent most of my time in xp run Grifts I'd be over para 800 by now.

I do spend a lot of time in normal rifts, I'm not sure why they wouldn't let bandit shrines spawn in normal rifts since you can find most goblin types and even goblin packs in rifts.