Seems like most of people think so too

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7
I disagree that the majority think that. The game would have to be balanced with just the numbers, meaning each skill would have to do the same dps. Any variety of gameplay would be eliminated. It was like that in vanilla diablo 3, it is much better now.
08/31/2015 07:39 PMPosted by Nifty
I disagree that the majority think that. The game would have to be balanced with just the numbers, meaning each skill would have to do the same dps. Any variety of gameplay would be eliminated. It was like that in vanilla diablo 3, it is much better now.

You don't make sense. If only a few skills are buffed by items, then how could it create variety?
08/18/2015 07:44 AMPosted by Ulfsark88
I also think that sets with less pieces are better, it makes us able to wear more different pieces. 6 pieces reduces the variety too much.

Noone is forcing you to wear all 6 items. Some people don't want the 6 set bonus. E,G. the only good part of IK set is the 2 piece bonus, couple that with rorg, wastes set and bk and you are wearing 2 complete sets and 2 pices of one. then you can add another ring ammy set for another.
09/02/2015 05:48 AMPosted by Steve
08/18/2015 07:44 AMPosted by Ulfsark88
I also think that sets with less pieces are better, it makes us able to wear more different pieces. 6 pieces reduces the variety too much.

Noone is forcing you to wear all 6 items. Some people don't want the 6 set bonus. E,G. the only good part of IK set is the 2 piece bonus, couple that with rorg, wastes set and bk and you are wearing 2 complete sets and 2 pices of one. then you can add another ring ammy set for another.

Right. I will now wear by my own free will and pleasure just rare items, so that I can make my way to the top of the leaderboard.
08/13/2015 04:54 PMPosted by TOPCommander
The power should come from a combination of the following:

- Uniques aka Legendary items
- Partial or full sets
- Runewords
- Rare Trophy-level items
- Magic (blue) items with the apropriate runes or Facets socketed into them

Doing the above though would mean that there would be no gear progression. What would be the gear progression if all gear pieces are equal. Players have to see their characters making progress and if just about any old piece of gear from blue to legendary can make you just as strong as the next piece then how do you make progress.
My opinion after several weeks of patch 2.3 is: they added a few more viable builds for Barbarians, They are all related to the Sets and their recently created legendary effects designed with a single purpose, make a certain build viable. We didn't have an option to think about the build we want, we can only stick to what Blizzard provided to us.