Please replace goldfind with Pick up radius (Paragon)

General Discussion
Please remove gold find from the utility tree and replace it with pick up radius.

50% gold find no thank you I'll never put points into this until I have to. Gold is almost a useless currency in Diablo III. Its not as bad as it was in diablo II but it isn't far off. You can still use it when upgrading gems and repairs but that is about it.

PIck up radius can help create more diversity in builds when its not being tacked on to a slot in your cube or a piece of gear on your character. This also opens up more design space for new skills and reworks.

Gold find isn't helping any class at the moment as gold is something you come across enough of just while playing so why spend these precious points for a single percent per point?
Replace it with "Death Breath Find" IMO.
I agree. Up to 5 yards pickup radius would be amazing. But why not have both? Just add pickup radius!
Do you really want 50 point in a gold/globe find radius category?
Yea... Gold find is pretty worthless on the Utility tree. I think Life on Kill or something like that would be really nice. Especially with the new items ( i know they'll never ever be BIS but still a better alternative to Gold Find) and life on kill is semi useful compared to GF.
Lets face it ANYTHING would be more use full than Gold find.
I fully agree with this.
08/31/2015 05:14 PMPosted by Virgo4Ever

Sure, it'll expand the hell out of my Grave Injustice range.
08/31/2015 07:25 PMPosted by NightReveals

Sure, it'll expand the hell out of my Grave Injustice range.

This, plus it'll help with gold farming, so in a way it's STILL like gold find, just with extra stuff rolled into the mix. Fully support.

it would probably be the biggest buff to witchdoctors

and it would mean you dont need to cube avarice or wear avarice band for a speedrun build (speedrun builds dont require this, but it would make their life a bit easier and shave alot of time)

I mean its a million times better than 50% more gold lol
Gold Find is completely useless, I agree 100%.; however, Blizzard will never do it because it clearly favors one class over every other class. I wouldn't mind seeing something like Life per Kill, which would help every class.
They can replace Area Damage instead. Does anyone even use Area Damage? We don't even know what the chance % of it activating is. Right now I pump Gold Find over Area Damage.

They can also give us more gold-sink features. A name change or gender change option for your toon worth 1-billion gold per use or something should suffice. Unless you have a Level 25 Gem of Ease, it's a bit of a hassle to level a toon just to get a new name or gender.

Lastly, though I doubt this will happen anytime soon, they can change Gold Find into Magic / Legendary Find. It would definitely be more useful but yeah, that's wishful thinking.
08/31/2015 08:37 PMPosted by Fallsmyer
Gold Find is completely useless, I agree 100%.; however, Blizzard will never do it because it clearly favors one class over every other class. I wouldn't mind seeing something like Life per Kill, which would help every class.

Yes. Life Per Kill or Hit can be more useful for everyone. Also, a few more off the top of my head, Bonus Exp Per Kill, Bonus Material Drop and Bonus Health Orb Drop.
08/31/2015 08:56 PMPosted by SaintTraft
We don't even know what the chance % of it activating is

It's 20%. It tells you on the tooltip when you mouseover it in character details.
That feel when you're a Death's Bargain 2500k LPS monk and you have a build that would actually be harmed by increases to globe radius, or to globe increase, or to life per hit, or to life per kill.
08/31/2015 09:51 PMPosted by zakar
That feel when you're a Death's Bargain 2500k LPS monk and you have a build that would actually be harmed by increases to globe radius, or to globe increase, or to life per hit, or to life per kill.

You can simply not equip paragon points. Example; uliana monks don't add points to crit chance due to broken promises.
They could easily expand Paragon to add more categories than the existing 16.

These stats already exist.

Life on Kill
Health Globe heal bonus
Bleed Damage
Bonus elite damage
Crowd control reduction
Resource generation
Missile / melee damage reduction
Dodge / block chance

Give the player choices. There is nothing to do after P800 other than stacking main stat / vitality.
08/31/2015 09:56 PMPosted by MeWhenum
08/31/2015 09:51 PMPosted by zakar

You can simply not equip paragon points. Example; uliana monks don't add points to crit chance due to broken promises.

That's true, but now your options change from "gain nothing" or "gain a tiny thing" to "gain nothing" or "harm your build dramatically".
So you still lose gold findz =(
08/31/2015 09:57 PMPosted by Hypersonic
They could easily expand Paragon to add more categories than the existing 16.

These stats already exist.

Life on Kill
Health Globe heal bonus
Bleed Damage
Bonus elite damage
Crowd control reduction
Resource generation
Missile / melee damage reduction
Dodge / block chance

Give the player choices. There is nothing to do after P800 other than stacking main stat / vitality.

I think all of these should be options after P800...that'd make the power gap a bit smaller, and still benefit the player.

as for gold find...It's just a sad paragon stat that needs to go elsewhere.

edit: like the list you mentioned.

Gold find should be one of those things you CHOOSE, not something you're forced to put points into if you don't want to waste them.

'Utility' should be the list you made, with 50 point caps, with gold find somewhere in it.

A utility category without an interesting utility to it seems a bit out of place, don't you think?
Boon + Maximizing Gold Boosts is decent for solo leveling additional characters.
(+gain exp per gold)