What gems for Acid Rain HT?

Witch Doctor
Currently running bane of the trapped, pain enhancer and that gem which gives non-phys dmg reduction.

What is the best combination of gems for an acid rain build?
Definately does not include Pain Enhancer.
Why would you use pain enhancer? Mind boggling.

Bane of trapped, esoteric, and toxin I guess. Third slot is hard to fill. I just use bane of the powerful there
I use bane of stricken, Gizzard, and Bane of trapped. Single target is usually always WD's downside. for their aoe builds.and if you use confidence ritual(25% dmg within 20 yards of enemies) the Gizzard helps a lot with counter acting aoe dmg from nearby mobs
I use Gizzard, BotT and Esoteric. Once Stricken is released to non-seasonal I'll toy with dropping Gizzard but ATM I don't see an enticing enough Gem to take it's place with worthwhile DPS return Vs. Survival trade off.
Iam using bott, zeis, and pet dmg gem.

Zeis because I am fairly ranged and pet for grin mimics.
Bott is pretty much mandatory. Since I use confidence ritual and swampland attunement I use gizzard and esoteric. I haven't found any other dps gems to have any synergy with the build. Toxin possibly but the main effect of the gem is basically useless and the only real benifit is the 10% damage. Hard to use zei's since most all the damage you gain is lost from not using confidence ritual, and using ptv instead is a dps loss ime. Stricken could be decent but since it only stacks on one target (I've heard) it's basically useless unless your rg kill speeds are low.

It seems to be take the one damage gem that's usefull and then use esoteric and gizzard to get tanky enough to use sa and cr to their fullest.
09/05/2015 04:41 PMPosted by Breezybombs
Single target is usually always WD's downside.

what now
for group I use -

Bane of the Stricken, BotT, Esoteric (need mitigation only, the Monk will heal you up)

for solo I either swap Esoteric to Gizzard, or if need more tank run Esoteric + Gizzard + BotT.

if somebody knows a better dps gem than stricken for WD i'd be interested in trying it out, but you stack that thing HARD so it seems very effective.
I prefer to double up on defense because Stricken barely does anything except to the Rift Guardian.
I've gotten my best results so far with Bane of the Trapped, Esoteric, and Iceblink. Using Slowburn as my Acid Rain rune, and the damage from +10% crit chance with 373% crit damage is very significant.
Drop pain enhancer without a doubt. Replace with offensive or defensive per your needs.

I run Trapped, Stricken and Esoteric. Personally I prefer Stricken for the offensive bonus in high GR and on rift guardians. Gizzard is perfectly viable also if you feel that you need the regen. I've been shooting for GR60 recently and do not feel that much regen is needed - usually dead in 1-3 hits anyway.
09/06/2015 08:17 PMPosted by Thanatosia
I've gotten my best results so far with Bane of the Trapped, Esoteric, and Iceblink. Using Slowburn as my Acid Rain rune, and the damage from +10% crit chance with 373% crit damage is very significant.

Have you tested how much of damage buff it is? Would be nice to have some more concrete information for example Zei's vs. Iceblink. Ofc, as stated above, with Zei's you can't really use Confidence Ritual, but just to compare Zei's and Iceblink.
09/06/2015 11:01 PMPosted by AliRawidDuh
Have you tested how much of damage buff it is? Would be nice to have some more concrete information for example Zei's vs. Iceblink. Ofc, as stated above, with Zei's you can't really use Confidence Ritual, but just to compare Zei's and Iceblink.

I thought Zei's might be a nice gem to boost damage when Confidence Ritual isn't since the way the build tends to play out is you have Acid Cloud and Fire Walls covering a pretty large area as mobs move through it. But I find that when Zei's would be most useful it lags so bad I can't really gauge it.

How is anybody even playing this past 53 or so? I've resorted to only running Acid Cloud in T10 Death Breath farming and use Bears for any HT Grift when trying to push it.
Non seasonal here, I've been messing around with Iceblink with the slow burn AC rune. It's actually really nice in conjuncture with Bane of the Trapped. I have an extra 20% slow on my Iceblink so things move at a crawling pace. Not only that, but you get an extra 10% crit chance against chilled enemies. Not too shabby. So I go Esoteric / BotT / Iceblink, it's working out pretty well with the cold zombie dogs as well.
09/07/2015 11:50 PMPosted by ChimRichalds
Non seasonal here, I've been messing around with Iceblink with the slow burn AC rune. It's actually really nice in conjuncture with Bane of the Trapped. I have an extra 20% slow on my Iceblink so things move at a crawling pace. Not only that, but you get an extra 10% crit chance against chilled enemies. Not too shabby. So I go Esoteric / BotT / Iceblink, it's working out pretty well with the cold zombie dogs as well.

i need them zdog hp drains. I tried the cold hounds but i died more than desired and id rather an off rune than gizzard.
09/07/2015 11:50 PMPosted by ChimRichalds
I've been messing around with Iceblink with the slow burn AC rune. It's actually really nice in conjuncture with Bane of the Trapped

All Helltooth skills slow with Necrosis, right? Iceblink isn't going to affect Bane of the Trapped in any way as far as I understand it in a HT build.