The people that have been playing 18-24 hrs a day

General Discussion
How, why is this even fun you you? Even as a person that doesn't get out much I can't imagine staying up for 24 hours just to place in some video game.

Please explain why this is so important to you.
09/06/2015 07:11 PMPosted by mercilessdv8

I'd rather the mystery of fantasy football be explained instead. It's literally covered on national television and is nothing more than Dungeons and Dragons for jocks.
woa, never heard of fantasy football until now! :-o
"Anybody who plays less than I do is a noob. Anybody who plays more than I do is a no-lifer."

That attitude is as tiring as it is valueless.
They'll get burnt out in the middle of the season, and probably stop playing and come to the forums instead and complain about how the season is too long.
why is this even fun you you?

Why do you assume anyone is having fun?

99% of D3 players are essentially gambling addicts. At least it doesn't cost you as much money as actual gambling.
How, why is this even fun you you? Even as a person that doesn't get out much I can't imagine staying up for 24 hours just to place in some video game.

The better question is why do you care?
09/06/2015 07:14 PMPosted by BobWitchDR

I'd rather the mystery of fantasy football be explained instead. It's literally covered on national television and is nothing more than Dungeons and Dragons for jocks.

Watch the TV show The League for the answer.

First thing’s first, do you seriously think that anyone can play 18-24 hours per day for more than several days? The answer is no, not without serious health problems. What most people are doing is playing as much as they can and then botting to stay in the race. Some of my friends are botting 10-15 hours per day and then play up to 20. Two are almost paragon 700 in season 4. They can bot 24 hours but they are afraid they will get caught.

Second, you can actually like a game so much and get so addicted that you end up playing all the time. Usually younger players. I once played Dungeon Keeper 2 for 5 days straight, with about 1-2 hours of sleep per day, and fell into a two day coma on day 5. Never did that ever again.
Why do you even care, its not something you enjoy.

No matter what people say, it isnt going to change your mind...

This thread is stupid.
Gets to a point where you just see it as OCD.
important? haha

it's more like, i have nothing better to do. because i have no life. it's not IMPORTANT. it's just some crap to pass the time until i die.
I guess if you're making hundreds of dollars off of it... it's definitely worth it.
bots man..bots.
The great mystery continues.
A normal rift a day or a bounty a day is plenty for me.
Who cares how other people have fun?
Maybe they really enjoy playing the game, and/or have nothing else to do with their time. Since all they do is play d3 they get really competitive and feel the need to be as good as they possibly can. Some people really don't have much going on so they are able to log for incredible amounts of time. This game is rather enjoyable to some people and it can become addicting. If I was able to play 18 hrs a day, I would.