Just lost my 2nd character to lag

General Discussion
it just happend to me today liek 3 times lucky im softcore when i play a gr and gather a bunch of mob i just lag and die..
09/12/2015 01:21 PMPosted by Electrance
Really?

How am I suppose to play seasonal HC if the server is unplayable?

Just lost my 2nd fully geared wiz that could have easily taken 60+ grifts now because the screen straight freezes for a minute and it comes out of nowhere. Not even lag. Straight freezing.

Stupid.........all this time wasted for nothing

Ranked 43 wiz seasonal HC now dead LOL RIP

Welcome to HC bubba, you signed the contract!
Hardcore isn't hardcore enough in this game. I would like to see a solo only hardcore, now that's hardcore...

A good group makes hardcore to easy.
I will never play HC unless the day comes when I can play solo offline. Losing a character to a lag spike is totally unacceptable.
09/12/2015 08:01 PMPosted by TehSarge
I will never play HC unless the day comes when I can play solo offline. Losing a character to a lag spike is totally unacceptable.

This

I only played D2 hardcore, offline.

Play the console version.
Really?

Just lost my 2nd fully geared wiz that could have easily taken 60+ grifts now because the screen straight freezes for a minute and it comes out of nowhere. Not even lag. Straight freezing.

Stupid.........all this time wasted for nothing

Ranked 43 wiz seasonal HC now dead LOL RIP

Word of advise from a relatively new player...

If your screen freezes, don't wait around for a whole minute hoping your character isn't being beaten to a pulp.

Restart the game, and computer first if you have to. ASAP.

"Hey let's sit here watching my screen for 60 seconds" isn't a great idea.

It also helps to have an SSD drive so you can restart your computer in 12 seconds, and be logged in to break off a lagged game in another 2 seconds.

Also, antivirus and updates can mess with the game sometimes. Best to disable such checks/patching while in game. This kind of thing isn't always a Blizzard issue.

Other than that, maybe HC isn't the way to go for you.
09/12/2015 09:43 PMPosted by EmmetOtter

Play the console version.

Good joke.
Really?

You knew the only reason to kill you in HC is lag, so be it. No one is forcing you to play HC.

WAIT, Blizz actually make HC lv70 a requirement for seasonal achievement so ....
I will never play HC unless the day comes when I can play solo offline.

Offline = Open door for cheats.

Will never come - i can grant you that. :)
How do you loose 2 HC characters yet not have any fallen heroes?
The game has been having big DC issues for the last few days so I wouldn't even try HC while these issues are happening