[Guide] HotA: The Gavel Build

Barbarian
1 2 3 38 Next
Highly Rated
This is an updated version for 2.4 patch. If you see something that I need to change that is wrong please post and I will update. TY.

The Guide is based for Solo-Leaderboard play.

henry is the creator behind this masterpiece.

Use this guide as a frame for a durable Hota build and adjust to your liking as you progress and experiment.

===================================================================
Group HotA Guide:Tricks & Tips: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18706416391
===================================================================

New Acronyms:

HGB: Health Globes and Potions Grant +xx Life
MFR: Max Fury
FotA: Fury of the Ancients: New Shoulders
BFM: Bracers of the First Men: New Bracers
HFA: Hell Fire Amulet

Complete Acronyms List: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18724768401

SKILL BUILD

Welcome to the Hammer of the Ancients arena. Select your experience level and begin your quest:

Noob: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ZPRSkj!edYb!aZcZcc

+HFA: Ruthless

Senpai: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ZPRSkj!edYZ!ZZcZcc

+HFA: Rampage

Master: (most common endgame build atm) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ZPRSkj!XjZe!ZZcZcc

+HFA: Brawler

KB's Current: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ZPRSkj!eXZj!ZZcZcc

+HFA: None. Using EoE.

*In any of the builds the HFA bonus passive can be mixed to match the build as long as the 5 recommended passives are active. If for whatever reason you are not wearing a HFA then use the skills from the link as I prioritized those before HFA bonus.

Skill Bar Explained

HotA – Birthright: for good healing, Smash: for max dps.

WotB – Insanity: DPS

CotA – TaO: Damage Reduction

WC – Impunity or Veteran's Warning (your choice in all builds)

FC – Merciless Assault: FnR proc & Mobility (amazing mobility)

Battle Rage – Bloodshed: Sexy Damage bonus

PASSIVES (Noobs Build)

Superstition: Damage Reduction & Fury Generator

Bloodthirst: Healing

Weapon Master: Fury Generator

Nerves of Steal: Second Life

GEMS

BotT : PE : Bane of the Striken

Gear Gems: Use as many Rubies or Diamonds as you feel you need. This will depend on the rest of your gear. You can optimize using a combination of both or using only one type. No single winner here.

CUBE

Armor: BFM or Strongarms OR BFM or APD's

Weapon: The Furnace

Jewelry: Unity

ARMOR

IK Helm: str / vit / 6% chc / os
HotA % instead of CC on Helm is a good option given your HotA CC total is about 90%. Read below to calculate your overall HotA CC %

IK Chest: str / vit / AR-Life% or elite reduction* / HGB
*AR vs ER...... pick one breh. I've personally found AR better but there is always a debate to it.

IK Glove: str / vit*** / chc / chd
***Vit can be rolled to AD for max DPS boost but more yolo.
On Glove it would be amazing if you can get Stun on the secondary if using APD's.

IK Pants: str / vit / ar

IK Boots: str / vit / ar / Hota% / HGB

IK Belt: str / vit / ar /LpFs / MFR
On Belt it would be amazing if you can get Freeze if using APD's.

Shoulder: FotA: str / vit / ar / Life%*** / HGB
***Instead of Life% you can roll AD

Bracers: BFM / Strongarm / APD's: elem% / str / vit / chc%

For secondary’s stats when optional you’ll want 1) Melee or Range damage reduction 2) type of Resist, and 3) HGB

JEWELRY

Rings

CoE + The Compase Rose + Band of Might (cube one of these)

ancient avr-dmg or str / chc /chd / HGB / rest

FnR if you don't have Endless Walk set

For secondary’s stats when optional you’ll want 1) type of Resist, and 2) HGB

Amulet

1st choice: The Traveler's Pledge

If not Endless Walk set then:

Recommended: 1)HFA or 2)EoE

elem%-str / chd / chc / os

Alternate: (see below Hota CHC explanation for more detail)

(ancient)
elem% / chd / str / os

WEAPON

The Gavel of Judgment: str / vit / LpFs or LpH / MFR

Instead of MFR you can have Stun secondary passive if using APD's

PARAGON POINTS

Core: MS > MFR > Str

Offense: chc > chd > asi > cdr

Defense: ar > life% > armor > LR

Utility: ad > loh > gf > zRCR

Allocated zero points to RCR because it negatively impacts LpFs. I've tested running without RCR and it runs just fine, this change positively impacts mostly those Pure LpFs builds.

HotA Gavel Build: Explained

Examine HotA’s CHC potential

HotA increases +1 CHC for every 5 fury available before Hota strikes. So how much HotA CHC can we get?

Pure CHC---------------Max Fury
+5 base-----------------+100 base fury
+5 paragon------------+50 paragon fury
+6 helm-----------------+12 mighty belt
+6 bracers-------------+24 Gavel
+10 glove--------------186 / 5 = 37.2% HotA CHC bonus***
+10 ammy
+12 rings
+3 Battle Rage
+10 WotB
+67% Gear/Skills CHC
+37.2% HotA Fury CHC bonus***
104.2% total HotA CHC possible

Nubtro confirms that it is possible to crit 100% of the time using HotA:

08/31/2015 12:11 AMPosted by Nubtro
Furthermore, I tested Hammer @ 72% crit chance with 180 max fury (+36%) and 100 out of 100 crit.

My conclusion is that the crit chance cap is gone and also, Hammer is able to crit every time.

This means you can spec to Crit 100% of the time with enough CHC from: gear + skills + Max Fury

Do your math when calculating your set's HotA CHC%. With my barb I try to stay no lower than 90%. This HotA CHC mechanic allows you to relive some CHC stats from gear to supplement with other stats. Most common alteration happens on amulets, which is why many Barbarianinja's go without CHC on amulets.

Toughness

The build has layers of hard damage reduction:

TaO
WC
Unity
Esoteric (noob build)

About Vitality

We are not going to skimp on Vit in any slot. This means we are going to prefer Vit over DPS stats on those questionable Vit/DPS slots. Max on Vit.

Healing

You will be depending on most of your healing from the IK Belt: LpFs and Gavel: LpFs/LpH.

If you prefer Bloodthirst as a permanent passive then you will also benefit a lot from HGB stats from gear. Since we are allocating as much of HGB where possible it will buff both LpFs and HG healing. HG's can spawn graciously through HotA: Birthright since Birthright provides a 10% HG chance to spawn on Critical Hits. This allows you to FC across mobs and heal up along the way.

Having a bit of Health Globe Radius Yard Pickup is a solid perk because of the mobility issues.

Final Thoughts

The key to a good HotA set is having solid Healing. You want a set that can re-heal fast. Toughness is important but there are easier ways to get the necessary amount. DPS is a matter of having the right stats and a good Ancient Gavel.

Keep in mind that depending on your Gear options your final optimal skill build may vary. This is not a hard print of what your build should look like but a frame that you can adjust to your strengths and weaknesses.

One major determinant of how high you can go with this build and in general is your Gem levels. Gems play a major determinant of reaching top GR's because they hold large amounts of DPS/eHP buffs. This means that same sets can preform materially different because of Gem levels.

HotA build requires player skill. You need to learn how to position your self with FC, when to evade dmg, and notice when your Ancients are dead..or you will know soon. It's not as easy as WW one button...let go for a sec to snapshot...and one button again (2.2 days). You need to move, dodge, and hammer...get ready to nerd out boyz.

I will continue to update this guide as it is still a bit early to know all the in’s and out’s atm.
.............................................................................................................................................

Qs & As

Is HotA Fun?

09/05/2015 04:32 AMPosted by Tao
09/04/2015 11:04 PMPosted by Primal
Is it fluid, w/o being to micro? Fun in general? Why do you enjoy hota play for more than just high GR clear potential?

Great question.

Short answer: HotA is fun.

Now before anyone gets all excited and says "Of course you think it's fun Tao! You always talk about how fun the game is!"

Allow me to elaborate.

The Barbarian is Furious Power Made Manifest in the Flesh.

If you've experienced this, you know what I'm talking about. Crushing your foes before you. Feeling IMMORTAL against unlimited foes. Seeing screen upon screen packed with demons and only getting that giddy joy that you were about to watch them all explode.

Feeling unstoppable.

That is until you had to fight one on one against anything.

If you've ever felt the disgust of having un-heroically low single target damage, you are going to love playing HotA.

Instead of seeing that single foe and sighing with resignation, you'll charge forward in Furious Battle Rage and Slam them back into Hell with the Hammer of the Ancients.

Have fun.

Is 15% HotA Damage a good idea on Helm?

CHC% on Helm has greater VALUE over %HotA dmg. Read Tao's complete explanation:

09/09/2015 02:18 PMPosted by Tao
09/08/2015 07:44 PMPosted by Atreus
I'm curious about this too. How much critical hit chance before we can swap out critical hit chance on the helm for HotA damage?

I'm not a math guy. But I'd be very hesitant to roll HotA damage on helm.

Here is my thinking.

We are already getting 400% damage increase from the Bracers of the First Men. Adding another 15% damage on top of that seems pretty watered down compared to keeping the 6% crit.

(I'm assuming that the damage is DIBS, please correct me if wrong.)

Even though this build doesn't require us to max out crit on every item slot, we only have a little wiggle room to take it off our rings or bracers. The reason is that rings can give you access to other damage affixes if they didn't roll perfectly. And it makes it easier to get usable FnR rings.

This is why KingBen suggests for rings we roll : str / chc /chd / HGB / rest

If you had those perfect FnR rings, then maybe you might be able to justify HotA on helm. But even still, remember that max fury isn't always possible. It's better to error on the side of a little too much crit, than not enough.

Crit drives our blood shed procs and perhaps even more importantly our PE procs for attack speed. When you end up having to heal so much your fury is dropping, having a little more crit is going to be better than just a little more hota damage.

Boots are still safe to use HotA% because you don't have to give up an affix as valuable as crit.

If I'm way off here, I can adjust this. I'm not a math guy after all.

What is DIBS?

09/10/2015 09:51 AMPosted by kingdo
09/09/2015 09:16 PMPosted by demonknight
So brawler and BR are wasted passives? Wouldn't mind getting a few defensive passives in. Thank god my HFA rolled with ruthless :) small joys.

Not entirely, they're just very marginal dps upgrades in solo, and in group are very very very marginal dps upgrades and only for yourself.

Between battlerage, taeguk, strongarms, +HoTA on boots and on Gavel, you're looking at +150% in DIBS. If you add in brawler that takes you from +150%>170% and is only active some of the time. It's like a 7% increase in dmg. And in group where other people are triggering strongarms and monks have +dmg circle on ground, it's like 4-5% dmg increase.

Berserker rage is also DIBS and won't even be active most the rift until boss. Ruthless and rampage and superstition are by far the best +DPS passives. I'd choose those 3 and 2 defensive ones. Only reason I have brawler is my GG Hellfire rolled with it :(

Is FotA Mandatory?

09/12/2015 08:12 AMPosted by YawnGod
Is there a reason why Fury of the Ancients would be mandatory? You're at full rage anyway.

Am I missing something?

<span class="truncated">...</span>

In T1-10, there isn't much you can do wrong. Generally speaking things will die fast and not have fury problems.

FotA is a big Fury helper when you are in the GR level where mobs don't die fast and need to hammer on for a few seconds before mobs begin to die here and there....this will cause you to not have the Gavel fury affix activated as things don't die fast. FotA will help you maintain fury while you kill off several enemies from the big pack and end up with several scattered around.

This is something you will understand and notice more when you run your barb on GR's levels where things don't die quickly, specifically talking your next personal GR Lev.

Now, in lower GR Lv's (xp runs or T1-10) then it becomes a matter of "quality of life" situation where FotA provides that extra fury.

If you believe you don't need FotA then next best shoulders would be Pauldrons of the Skeleton King imo (however, as of now I have no plans to use anything else but FotA).

Does This Build Work For Seasons?

How do I keep Taeguk stacked?

I know exactly why you were having this problem.

Soon after your very first mob battle you'll want to SPAM Battle Rage for the REST of the GAME. The only time you won't be spamming Battle Rage is when you're in battle, unless, you need to spam it to re-heal (LpFs).

Why do you need to SPAM Battle Rage? Because Taeguk only stacks and maintains the buff if you are spending Fury. You only have 3 seconds to spend Fury before the entire buff wears off. This is why you want to continuously spend Fury, and the easiest way to do it without breaking your movement is by spamming Battle Rage.

So during your game while you HotA you are spending Fury (although you gain fury because of the Gavel affix). Then spam Battle Rage while you move/walk to the next set of mob and there you can stop spamming Battle Rage (unless you need to for LpFs).

This is a little tactic that the HotA Build evolves around.

What is involved in pushing LB's?

[quote][quote]<span class="truncated">...</span>

Take a look at their paragon levels. Generally speaking, GR pushes boil down to 1000+ paragon.

I believe there is a huge misconception that to push GR's it boils down to Paragon lv. It is sure a component but def no like 90% of it.

To be able to to climb from 60 to the current US 73 Barb you need to have the following in place:

1) Be well Geared: a) This includes having all Ancient Gear, b) No weaknesses of any key critical build stats, c) Have a High Lev Ancient Weapon. (this is going to be your biggest bottle neck for most players...you might not even finalize your set before the season is over {nearly perfect gear}..all depends on RNG).

2) Have Gems lev between 10-15 above the GR lev you are trying to complete. Ex: GR 60, Gems should be between lv 70-75. If you are trying to clear GR70 the Gem's should be between 80-85....this is going to take a lot of 1% gambles to get the Gems that high, which means a ton of +70s group runs.

3) Master your build. This means understanding mechanics and limitations. You have to be able to make tweaks to maximize your characters potential with what you have available. This takes a lot of research (forum, sites, etc) especially if you are new.

4) Understand Monsters/affixes. Must be able to keep mental notes of what situations you can tank and what situations are death.

5) Understand Map layout and Pylons. It takes time to learn/memories map layouts and know where Pylons can spawn. Given you are trying to achieve your next best between 65-Current Best 73, then you'll be wasting on average 50 keys to find THE MAP. THE MAP is the the map that has the correct map layout, mob type, both conduit/power, and good RG. These maps are rare. Be ready to auto exit 90% of the time you enter a GR, or rage when you get the right map layout but the wrong mob type or vise versa...or no conduit! lol so sad, so much rng.

6) For non botters the biggest bottleneck to the end game are GR keys. Once you have Mastered 1-5 then you are either just grinding XP or pushing LB's. For this you need GR Keys. Many run T8 in groups but either way it becomes painful to do them since all you are really after are GR Keys and not loot anymore. Some are more efficient than others but to get around 50 GR keys it takes me roughly 2-3 Hours. It's painful.

7) Paragon points. This is by far the easiest of them all because there is no RNG involved. Just grind XP. Have a char that is part of the current XP meta. Run 60-78s group GRs (all depending on group lev). If you are new to XP grinding stick to the 60-65s. Once you have done a week or two of 60-70s then begin to look for groups doing higher.

As you can see there is a lot that goes into achieving top GR's before paragon points kick in. You can't just look at the paragon level and say "no wonder". Paragon points are the icing on the cake. It takes a lot of time, grind, and LUCK before getting to the position to be ready to go after top LB ranks.

These steps I outlined are a learning cycle. Hope this layout helps others who are truly trying to reach top LB ranks.

Below I described in detail THE MAP:

11/18/2015 07:43 AMPosted by KingBenjamin
THE MAP

A dream map has four elements to it. I will describe the four and list what would be best, however, this does not mean it has to be exact to be a doable GR.

1) Map Layout: Without a good map layout it's game over. You don't want narrow hallways. You want open maps that make it easy for mobs to drag and create huge trash mob packs. This is key because if you are pushing you need to be able to kill plenty of mobs without having to travel much.

Map Layout is critical but it needs to be big enough to have enough mob xp to clear in ONE map. Your chances of clearing the GR in 2-3 maps is slim. This means you need to get as lucky as in the first map.

-Best Map: Silver Spire

2) Monster Type: Without a good mob type, even with a good map, your chances of clearing the GR is greatly reduced. You want mobs that come to you to attack, that are phy dmg, and come in big packs. You don't want mobs that you have to chase.

Elites affixes should be minimal in Frozen and Arcane. There are other affixes that hit hard but those two can cause you to lose a doable GR if a majority of Elites have them.

-Best Mob Type: Goat Men (beast) + Unburied (undead)

3) Shrine Type: When pushing your next new GR having a Conduit can either secure the GR or push you into it. A Power pylon is awesome and can help you clear the GR but a Conduit is what you really want. A Map without either Conduit or Pylon has a HUGE negative impact on you chances to clear a Dream Map. It will make every mistake count.

Having these pylons is important but location is just as important. You normally want the Conduit somewhere in the middle of the map. You want it where there is a fresh pack of mob density. Same goes for a Power. You DON'T want to go out of your way to save either pylons for the RG. You will gain much more from using them on mob density. Unless you're towards the end of the rift and just about to pop RG (97-99%) and are in a low density area then there it would make sense to save it for the RG. A bit of a judgement call here but most of the time you will want to use either pylon on mobs vs on RG.

4) RG: You want an RG that produces minions. If no minions then you want a RG that stands still that you don't have chase around and can tank. Having the wrong RG can cause you to lose a clear winning GR.

Best RG: Saxtris

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hope this helps. Enjoy.

If you are testing this build and have questions, I’m here to help and learn.

KB aka "I am a Legend"
Plus 1

Thanks for tanking the time to put this together.

Cheers
CC123
Thanks for putting this together KB. Loved your S3 WW build, can't wait to put this into practice.
Exciting. Appreciate the effort.
Nice write up.

Can't wait for more of your findings.
Good Guide.

I'll just point out that %CHC is where you end up minmaxing the build:
- You can ultimately end up trading CHC on Helm for HotA damage
- You can ultimately end up trading CHC on Ring for STR / APS / AD
- You can ultimately end up trading CHC on Amulet for STR

On the mitigation side, there are times where %Life is better than VIT too. All Resistance I wouldn't touch if wearing Esoteric but the affix, too, lose to %Life or VIT in certain occasions.

Oh! Secondary melee/ranged reduction on chest / bracers / amulet!
Thanks to everyone above :) I appreciate the support.

ShoutOUT to CC123 as we theorycrafted a bit and shared ideas before patch, as well as to our Clan members.

Lets Hammer on BOyz!
Good guide.

I feel @Eduw has some good points too.

Thanks KB! Now time to SMASH!
Heh, very thorough guide. Much better than my write up. If I have the time I'll try to do the same.
Thanks for the guide kinB, really appreciated.

I have been playing around this build on PTR and now on live for quite a few hours. Now I don't claim to be as knowledgeable as guys like cc123, kingB, shadow or nubtr0, but I believe that replacing unity with CoE in the cube, and using striding giant instead of insanity nets a better DPS overall.

Now I didn't do the math myself (i leave that to the theorycrafting specialists), it's a conclusion that i reached based on my results. I don't have the best gear yet, working on it, so that may be a factor, don't know.

Just throwing that out there, if the experience of a casual like me are relevant that is :P

PS: I'd like to point out that timing the FR buff with the CoE element against the RG is just insane DPS
Thanks in advance KB. I just put my HotA Barb together, but I'm sure I'll be consulting this thread along the way. Curiously, why Birthright below GR62? One minor correction for you; Bracers say Phys%, but should reflect the rune of choice for HotA.
08/28/2015 06:27 PMPosted by yannickhk
I believe that replacing unity with CoE in the cube, and using striding giant instead of insanity nets a better DPS overall.

Thanks for this! I'll do some tests on it and report back.

08/28/2015 06:30 PMPosted by AZsnowstorm
Curiously, why Birthright below GR62? One minor correction for you; Bracers say Phys%, but should reflect the rune of choice for HotA.

fixed, ty bro

tbh, I'm not sure that Birthright can't do above 62...i'm just stuck at 63 because not enough dps so I moved over to Smash. But I think yannickhk has a good point, so i'm gonna be testing that here soon with both Birthright and Smash.
Nice guide. Thanks KB
I've been interested in what I could do if I sacrificed some chc on gear, given that it's a hota build. It's one of those things though; where my mind keeps telling me "no, you need chc, don't roll it off" even though I'd most likely benefit more by doing so.

I'll be keeping an eye on this guide to see what everyone comes up with. I've been waiting a long time for this build to be where it's at, so it's going to be a fun ride.
#1 US All Barb 3 Man Team
So I've got another question...

How do you maintain the generator F&R buff during boss fights with just FC? I'm not sure the benefits outweigh the trade offs, but I've been playing with Groundstomp in place of TS. It also helps with grouping in the rift and keeping up F&R and Strongarms buffs when a charge misfires, is used defensively, or density is too low.
08/29/2015 09:25 AMPosted by AZsnowstorm

How do you maintain the generator F&R buff during boss fights with just FC? I'm not sure the benefits outweigh the trade offs, but I've been playing with Groundstomp in place of TS. It also helps with grouping in the rift and keeping up F&R and Strongarms buffs when a charge misfires, is used defensively, or density is too low.

This is something I've been trying to fix...the down time on FnR on RG.

What I first tried to do was use CDR rings. Since CDR on rings don't really affect anything crucial (assuming crd / chd / chc) then the 16% CDR would cut enough time to make the FnR cooldown very minimal while on the RG. The CDR also is a nice perk during the map as FC recharges faster allowing you to be a bit more mobile.

I personally preferred ASI vs CDR but I believe both have good things for the set that it really comes down to personal preference.

I also did tried using Groundstomp. If you like it and it works then use it. If you go this route then CDR rings make even more sense.

Like i mentioned on the Guide Skill section for TS,

08/28/2015 04:25 PMPosted by KingBenjamin
TS – Demoralize (this skill slot is more flexible to your taste)

atm i'm testing CA for this skill slot. TS works well but also just testing how others skills feel with the set.

***Updated Guide with the following changes:

WotB- Insanity to Striding Giant

Cube: Unity to CoE
08/29/2015 09:49 AMPosted by KingBenjamin
08/29/2015 09:25 AMPosted by AZsnowstorm

This is something I've been trying to fix...the down time on FnR on RG.

What I first tried to do was use CDR rings. Since CDR on rings don't really affect anything crucial (assuming crd / chd / chc) then the 16% CDR would cut enough time to make the FnR cooldown very minimal while on the RG. The CDR also is a nice perk during the map as FC recharges faster allowing you to be a bit more mobile.

I personally preferred ASI vs CDR but I believe both have good things for the set that it really comes down to personal preference.

I also did tried using Groundstomp. If you like it and it works then use it. If you go this route then CDR rings make even more sense.

Like i mentioned on the Guide Skill section for TS,

08/28/2015 04:25 PMPosted by KingBenjamin
TS – Demoralize (this skill slot is more flexible to your taste)

atm i'm testing CA for this skill slot. TS works well but also just testing how others skills feel with the set.

***Updated Guide with the following changes:

WotB- Insanity to Striding Giant

Cube: Unity to CoE

But isn't 50% permanent damage better then cycles of COE? Or does the 200% on fire just make it to good to give up? I too was wondering this. Obviously it's a no brainer for groups.

Also some CDR is def a plus to maximize FNR bonuses. I think 30-40% is a good place to shoot for. Cause remember the charge will reset so long as 3 enemies are hit and on RG it'll make sure we're getting 100% uptime. But assuming we're fishing for RGs that spawn adds it might not be needed for going full YOLO damage.

This either can be done with diamond in helm/paragon/ring or rings/shoulders/paragons. I don't like giving up amethyst in helm tho!

It's tough getting FNR to roll with those desired stats!

How is COE working out?
08/29/2015 10:56 AMPosted by Aegis
But isn't 50% permanent damage better then cycles of COE? Or does the 200% on fire just make it to good to give up? I too was wondering this. Obviously it's a no brainer for groups.

Also some CDR is def a plus to maximize FNR bonuses. I think 30-40% is a good place to shoot for. Cause remember the charge will reset so long as 3 enemies are hit and on RG it'll make sure we're getting 100% uptime. But assuming we're fishing for RGs that spawn adds it might not be needed for going full YOLO damage.

This either can be done with diamond in helm/paragon/ring or rings/shoulders/paragons. I don't like giving up amethyst in helm tho!

It's tough getting FNR to roll with those desired stats!

How is COE working out?

CoE feels good. You drop a ton of health from E's making it worth killing Champions.

With groups you'd want to go Insanity and CoE....ideally.

Given HotA CHC mechanics what i'm thinking as ideal setup would be:

FnR: asi / chd / cdr Both rings

ammy: ele / chd / chc (a normal ammy)

So you basically drop CHC from rings. This way you get the ASI desired for faster LpFs healing and DPS...as well as the CDR needed for FC cooldown and mobility.

Looks like we can drop about 10-12 CHC from gear while maintaining good CHC levels on set.

Theorycrafting.