Solo players should only have to do 2 bounties per act

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
Highly Rated
There, I said it. That way a solo player still has to put in more work to get all caches than a player in a split group, but he's not at such a massive disadvantage to make solo bounties feel completely pointless.
They could do something like that, but I don't think they want to encourage solo play.

I like solo and public personally, but I would admittedly play a lot less public games if I had equal progress like this idea suggest (not including private games with my RL friends).
do you know how blizzard would take that idea?

they won't reduce the bounties solo players need to do but increase the bounties MP players need to do
08/31/2015 03:40 AMPosted by DravenShrike
do you know how blizzard would take that idea?

they won't reduce the bounties solo players need to do but increase the bounties MP players need to do
Don't be ridiculous, they'd never ever hinder their precious MP.

If they'd ever reduce the number of bounties to 2 for SP, they'd make it so MP has 3 and has all acts give double bonus caches.
Suggested this before, sad to see my thread was deleted.

Solution to the Solo/Group multiplayer dilemma:
Solo:
- Only need to do 2 bounties per act for a cache(Multiplayer needs to do 3/4/5/)

Group:
- EXP and Magic Find bonuses removed
- Won't gain EXP from bounties people complete in other zones while within the same act
- Greater rift monsters deal slightly more damage in group play to make up for the added damage and synergies of the group. This won't mean that solo and group play are equal, but enough to make the solo/group play difference only a couple of grift levels at most.
I like that. maybe 3 max for solo.
Gee is there a bag of pacifiers we can pass around to this crowd. Not happy with solo bounties play group. I'm tired of people asking for special rules because they are to lazy to play the game. We have two options make your choice and play.

Get it , the game is built on choices no=t gimmies for people that don't want to play it.

Sorry Blizzard does not offer a serving tray of mats and legs when you log into the game. Five is fine , I think it can build character and apparently a large part of the community lost theirs somewhere along the path of life.

Lower it to two and we would see rift it forward activity all over again . I can see a whole group of people selling fast mat runs already. Because even at two people will be looking for easier.
08/31/2015 12:01 PMPosted by DeadRu
Gee is there a bag of pacifiers we can pass around to this crowd. Not happy with solo bounties play group. I'm tired of people asking for special rules because they are to lazy to play the game. We have two options make your choice and play.
They're asking for parity, and it's not that difficult to grasp.

1 player = 2 bounties
2 player = 3 bounties
3 player = 4 bounties
4 player = 5 bounties

All public games = 5 bounties (to prevent "cheating").

It's not really a "special rule" when you contrast it to the "special rules" that multiplayer has simply for being multiplayer.

Lastly, even if such a situation went into effect tomorrow, I'd still wager that 4 players games outpace the single player games in terms of efficiency. It just wouldn't be as stark of a contrast.
I play solo exclusively, so this would definitely benefit me. However, I do not see the need. Most solo players do not, and definitely should not, compare themselves to others. Solo is not about the competition. Solo is about playing the game the way we want to.

The ONLY reason to want this is jealousy and envy. If you want to compete, you got to play the game with a whole different set of rules. The set of rules everyone else is using when they compete.

I just do not understand why solo players care what else is going on in the MP world.
08/31/2015 12:33 PMPosted by HermitBoy
I play solo exclusively, so this would definitely benefit me. However, I do not see the need. Most solo players do not, and definitely should not, compare themselves to others. Solo is not about the competition. Solo is about playing the game the way we want to.

The ONLY reason to want this is jealousy and envy. If you want to compete, you got to play the game with a whole different set of rules. The set of rules everyone else is using when they compete.

I just do not understand why solo players care what else is going on in the MP world.

Solo Leader Boards.

I don't care about competitiveness, I care about efficiency. Doing split bounties is about twice as fast compared to solo if you get a pub group of slackers where you do most of the work, and three times as fast if people know what they're doing.

Even as someone who suffers from social anxiety and panic attacks whenever he has to interact with other people, I cannot justify running bounties solo, it's such a waste of time.
Yeah, I somewhat understand. There are some who are interested in solo leaderboards or efficiency. But to me and I assume a majority of solo players, its more about the journey than the destination.

The moment you start comparing yourself to others, things like efficiency and fairness come into play. If you never compare yourself to others, those things are not even a factor.

Because the Solo boards are dominated by players that group play for all their gear and stats.

You know, the mode that is now reported to have over 15X better XP gains and a much better drop rate than Solo.

The Solo boards should only be for solo players and not group players. If you group, you should not be allowed to place on the Solo boards. Seeing that the same people dominating the Group boards are dominating the Solo boards, there really is no such thing as a Solo board, is there?

This is how group players affect solo players.
08/31/2015 12:39 PMPosted by cdm

Solo Leader Boards.
if you are paying attention to the leader boards, you aren't really playing solo, imo..
+1 to OP
08/31/2015 01:13 AMPosted by Ash
but I don't think they want to encourage solo play.

It still wouldn't deter people from 4 manning rifts and getting the group play. Seems ok to me.
The solution is rather simple IMO.

Remove the Bonus Cache. Extra materials are rewarded for being present at the completion of a bounty.

T7 Bounties:
-> 4 from Cache
-> 1 from EACH Bounty you are present at the moment of completion
-> Total of 9 Material (instead of 8)

Split is still possible, but you don't get "extra".
08/31/2015 12:47 PMPosted by nsd
Even as someone who suffers from social anxiety and panic attacks whenever he has to interact with other people

Well it's a good thing for you the D3 chat interface is so frustratingly annoying to use *while* playing that even in an MP game, very little conversation actually takes place.
08/31/2015 03:10 PMPosted by Aristo

Well it's a good thing for you the D3 chat interface is so frustratingly annoying to use *while* playing that even in an MP game, very little conversation actually takes place.

Yes, I try to convince myself that the other players are just NPCs with terrible AI, but now and then someone actually says Hi in party chat and I freak out and immediately alt-f4.