Solo players should only have to do 2 bounties per act

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
I just don't understand people who is against these suggestions from the OP.
It is a fact that MP gives a hell lot more XP and loot.
Is that fair?
Hardly no one have requested that solo should be more rewarding than MP. It should be fairly equal, that's all.
And the solo players that just want to play the game not looking at leader boards... Well continue to play in that way. What does it matter if you only have to play for example two maps per act? Play all maps or play campaign mode.
Why can't you "soloers' just join a public group if you are so afraid of talking to others about forming a group. Use those pugs to get what you need then get out and go back to soloing.
I like this idea, if blizz won't consider reducing a number of required bounties then they should at least give a bonus for SP.
08/31/2015 03:26 PMPosted by DreUd
Why can't you "soloers' just join a public group if you are so afraid of talking to others about forming a group. Use those pugs to get what you need then get out and go back to soloing.

For me its the pause button really... Kids/Wife/Phone. Would not want to have to drop out of a pub game for something that takes 2 minutes. I could AFK in a pub but that is an instant vote-kick.

Plus pubs are hit or miss.

Reducing the amount of bounties required for solo would be nice but I can't see how it can be done without causing some crazy loophole that would be exploited by groups anyway.

This is a tough one to solve. Not sure it ever will be.
@OP

Either that or they increase total mats for solo completion. I stopped playing solo bounties with 2.3. However, last night everyone left with only ACT III and ACT V remaining so I decided to finish solo. Holy crap, I got those maps in ACT V where you need to run through the street maze to first find entrance to some cave and then entrance to the second level and kill everything. Then on ACT III it was that map where you have to find barracks, then entrance to the second level and then kill everything. Like 30-35 min later I was cursing everyone and everything related to Diablo. You don’t notice these maps in split farming as you only do about 6 maps total and everything is done in about 20 min. With those maps like yesterday it will take me like an hour to complete all 25 bounties.

However I think the following is more likely to happen 

08/31/2015 03:40 AMPosted by DravenShrike
do you know how blizzard would take that idea?

they won't reduce the bounties solo players need to do but increase the bounties MP players need to do
+1

This and a multitude of other issues need addressing to close the gap a bit between solo and group play, it's too big currently.
The unfortunate fact that there even exists a "solo vs. group play" argument here is highly indicative of just how horrible D3 has become, and how horrible the community has become alongside it.

You know, if this game actually had [i]any form of engaging endgame content/i], these types of arguments would not exist, because the player base would be too busy enjoying the game and progressing to argue about progression styles. Do you see these pointless discussions on the WoW forums? Nope. Well, perhaps here and there, but they are quickly ignored; here, they are given eternal life because the devs seemingly refuse to understand that not everyone feels like being chained to groups.

What a joke. Farm so you can farm faster! Then turn around and argue about how you farm......lol
I should log in and have the best gear given to me after reporting to tyreal.

Also if any leveling is done it should be for paragons at like x10 or w.e so i cab insta hit top paragon after killing like 3 mobs.

Oh yea and after doing that can you make my profile pictures for anything blizzard show my items so i can swing my epeen around

Finally can you add like a global measage that goes out everday during peek hours saying that i'm better then everyone just incase people didn't know cause yea.

Thanks blizzard.

-cheers
I think 3 bounties for solo is fine. Still slower than being in a split group, but at least the barrier isn't as high. I can accept the lack of a exp/mf bonus, since I understand Blizzard's stance on partying.

Today I ran solo bounties, and it was a terrible grind. I don't mind grouping; it's the splits I can't tolerate. Somewhere some place your team mate is killing mobs and YOUR legendary drops... It might be that exclusive one you're hunting for, and you'll never know or see it. That thought drives me crazy, and I can't stand missing out on loot. I had to do split bounties for a few days' straight some time back for a RoRG, and I'm never doing it again unless I'm geared to the teeth.

Then again, if I'm fully geared, why do I need horadric mats?
Why can't you "soloers' just join a public group if you are so afraid of talking to others about forming a group.

Why can't you look at the bigger picture? Not all of us want to group. Not everyone is a social butterfly. Not everyone can game non stop without several pauses for real life interruptions.

It has nothing to do with a fear of talking to others. Your over simplification of the issue is noted though.
I play solo mostly, some MP with known clan members, but I prefer solo.

Is solo at a disadvantage to MP? Absolutely. But then, playing solo, I don't have to tolerate the massive doucebags that tend to populate public games.

I do have to tolerate the judging of many players and forum goers who see my profile (any one of 4), and see that I have been playing since launch but I am only in the P500s (on all 4).

This type of negative judgement usually comes from newer players who never experienced Diablo III pre-RoS, pre-Paragon, and pre-Monster Power.

So I keep grinding away, having fun playing all kinds of weird builds, doing the new Bounties with their decidedly higher rewards, and ignoring all the prejudices of the judgemental douches.

Bounties take longer now, that's for sure, but at least there is a reason to do something other than Act 1...lol.
08/31/2015 03:34 PMPosted by GatElttab

For me its the pause button really... Kids/Wife/Phone. Would not want to have to drop out of a pub game for something that takes 2 minutes. I could AFK in a pub but that is an instant vote-kick.

Plus pubs are hit or miss.

This is true for me as well. Guess its true for many people out there.
I am just looking to get some balance between solo play vs party play. Some parity.
I don't care if PP would give 50% more XP and loot than SP when you take in consideration the clear speed of a map between SP and PP. That's were it's so unbalanced today.
08/31/2015 12:01 PMPosted by DeadRu
Gee is there a bag of pacifiers we can pass around to this crowd. Not happy with solo bounties play group. I'm tired of people asking for special rules because they are to lazy to play the game. We have two options make your choice and play.

Get it , the game is built on choices no=t gimmies for people that don't want to play it.

Sorry Blizzard does not offer a serving tray of mats and legs when you log into the game. Five is fine , I think it can build character and apparently a large part of the community lost theirs somewhere along the path of life.

Lower it to two and we would see rift it forward activity all over again . I can see a whole group of people selling fast mat runs already. Because even at two people will be looking for easier.

Not even on topic
The problem is not that split groups have it easier. It's that splitting works way faster for them than not splitting.

Changes to give bonuses for not splitting won't prevent splitting for as long as splitting provides more rewards in less time.

What they should do is giving a stack of an effect per bounty in which you were present, and more kids of stashes.

When the set of bounties is completed and someone talks with Tyrael, the stash each player gets would depends on how many stacks of the effect they got, and the stacks get wiped.

The more stacks of the effect you have by the time the bounty set is completed, the better the stash, and the more stuff it has.

Split, and you get stashes more often, but they'll have less and worse stuff inside on average, and you won't get the bonus stash unless you have at least a certain amount of stacks, for example, 3 or 4.

---

And so people don't have to return to town as much as miss bounties, there should be a Cube recipe to make a 'portable cube terminal', that will unlock extra features:

* It will add 3 checkboxes to the side of your inventory one white, one blue and one yellow. When each is active, the corresponding rarity of the item is instantly salvaged on pickup at the cost of 1% of of the item's coin value.
* It will also link your inventory with the stash, automatically sending the materials there on acquisition, and the stash will get a special material tab with one slot per each material.

The same update will also allow adding missing materials from the material tab into the cube by clicking a button on each recipe, so people don't have to take materials out all the time.

---

Also, combats needs to change so players benefit from other player's skills more. Things like creating areas that give boosts to your skills, such as a fire area on the ground adding fire damage to your party member's projectiles that go through that fire, or an arcane area charging your allie's pets so they add additional arcane damage.
08/31/2015 12:33 PMPosted by HermitBoy
I just do not understand why solo players care what else is going on in the MP world.

I agree. I like playing solo because it allows me to play at my own pace, and the game is fun enough at a basic level that I really don't mind certain mechanics that encourage me to actually play.
08/31/2015 12:39 PMPosted by cdm
08/31/2015 12:33 PMPosted by HermitBoy
I play solo exclusively, so this would definitely benefit me. However, I do not see the need. Most solo players do not, and definitely should not, compare themselves to others. Solo is not about the competition. Solo is about playing the game the way we want to.

The ONLY reason to want this is jealousy and envy. If you want to compete, you got to play the game with a whole different set of rules. The set of rules everyone else is using when they compete.

I just do not understand why solo players care what else is going on in the MP world.

Solo Leader Boards.

Simple solution and most likely to be taken by blizzard. Get rid of the leaderboards. Then there will be no more tears from solo players as there is no ranking system.

It will be the same as get rid of trials. Blizzard got rid of trials because of the outcry. And now those same people complain because they now have to earn a gem upgrade.
Never amazes me at the sheer laziness with playing a game. It's never enough.

Why bother doing any bounties at all? Let's just hand out all the crafting mats we need for free! While we're at it, Zultan Kulle should also be smart enough to know what items you haven't salvaged yet and automatically port in like the good old Microsoft paper clip and tell you "hey hey, those Firewalkers need to be salvaged. Here, I'll do it for you! And here's a flagon of ale for the weary adventurer, although you really haven't done any adventuring at all. You've been sitting here in town just !@#$%in' and moanin' about adventuring."
09/02/2015 06:35 AMPosted by RunningFast
Why bother doing any bounties at all?
The strawman is strong in this one.
Here's a solution....If you want quicker bounties group up just for bounties. it's just a small part of the game, do everything else solo if you want.

I seriously don't get the whining on this...If you play solo you just have to suck it up and accept the consequences that you'll be slower than a group. Solo players don't deserve anymore or less then the game offers. If you want it that bad group up.
09/02/2015 07:48 AMPosted by GenTsosChikn
Solo players don't deserve anymore or less then the game offers.
So why do group players do?