Unhallowed and Yang's... why fire builds?

Demon Hunter
08/31/2015 01:04 PMPosted by spartan091
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymZX7zt8ZY0

Thanks for the video. To be frank, I wasn't very impressed. But oh well, I only just started a few days ago after a long break, I'l have to test and see for myself what all the fuss is about. :)
08/31/2015 12:29 PMPosted by Paincake
I use evasive fire focus cold rune as well, but thats not really something that seems efficient to apply the chill effect with evasive fire and then continue to multishot having to refresh it constantly is that really what people do? I realize Arsenal rockets has lots of potential for dmg combined with Ballistics. But it seems as well that farming efficiency is reduced a little compared to straight up cold multishot. Its a damn shame the burst fire has such a awfull rune... like so awfull it makes me sad everytime I look at it. Any other DH's here with any opinion on this?

You are normally recasting evasive fire every five seconds or so to keep your focus and restraint ring procs both up. Also, remember you can cube the cindercoat and that makes your fire spells cost 30% less.
08/31/2015 02:30 PMPosted by Paincake
08/31/2015 01:38 PMPosted by Midnight
cold doesn't have gear support like fire so people go with fire.

partially Cindercoat (RCR plus fire damage).
ballistics skill - ignores your element choice, and always uses fire. :(

Well ye sure, but same can be said about Bane of the Trapped, Iceblink and Cull of the Weak... all in favour of Cold skills.
When RoS launched, every DH and their mother were fire based. But then after lots of criticism, suggestions and feedback, we have come a long way from that time. Cold is pretty awesome right now, and I've always been a fan of cold based builds such as krider frost arrow etc.

While cold is obviously better than fire for BotT/Iceblink/CtW, there are just so many ways to slow ennemies that cold isn't even needed. Be it a templar with Bul-Kathos band, Caltrops with bait the trap, Thunderfury on your templar or in your cube, Zei's stone, Evasive Fire, Bane of the Trapped... One way or the other, ennemies end up slowed down anyway. Using a cold multishot is overkill. On the other hand, fire brings more sheer dps through Arsenal-Ballistics, and allows for a sustained fire through Cindercoat. Two things cold just can't bring to the table, no matter how hard it tries.
08/31/2015 03:34 PMPosted by CaladynusOD

You are normally recasting evasive fire every five seconds or so to keep your focus and restraint ring procs both up. Also, remember you can cube the cindercoat and that makes your fire spells cost 30% less.

Doesn`t iceblink`s chill last like 1s though?
Well, as I don't have a Strength Thunderfury, I am running it in cube to keep BoTT and CtW proc. If my templar gets it, then I will probably do a Calamity to get the 20% bonus running.

And I am GR50 capable and can take a few non-physical hits.. Not a big deal when most guys here are doing 60+, but my gear suck real balls (my ancient Recurve really sucks).
You can give the TF to your templar without strength. It's not like his damage matters anyways its just for procs.
08/31/2015 05:03 PMPosted by Meioh
Doesn`t iceblink`s chill last like 1s though?

Not sure exactly but it lasts for a good few seconds. Its enough to get the job done, not to mention save your !@# by slowing really aggressive mobs.
Hi,

just a question regarding slowing the enemies for Bott, Cotw. with fire build.

Why is nobody thinking about using generator ENTANGLING SHOT with justice rune (fire - 6 hatereg) for this build?

Benefits:
-You geht the slow
-You have fire dmg
-Additionally u can use the odysseys bow in cube for +25% extra dmg on enemies effected by entangling shot.
-you have one more leg gem left, because no using iceblink

Negative:
-you can only slow 3 enemies with one shot
09/01/2015 01:06 AMPosted by DooMino
Hi,

just a question regarding slowing the enemies for Bott, Cotw. with fire build.

Why is nobody thinking about using generator ENTANGLING SHOT with justice rune (fire - 6 hatereg) for this build?

Benefits:
-You geht the slow
-You have fire dmg
-Additionally u can use the odysseys bow in cube for +25% extra dmg on enemies effected by entangling shot.
-you have one more leg gem left, because no using iceblink

Negative:
-you can only slow 3 enemies with one shot

I don't get why you say "no using iceblink". I mean, even with entangling shot, iceblink would be BiS, thanks to it 10% crit chance (and improved slow), except maybe for seasonal chars, who would prefer Bane of the Stricken.
As for entangling vs evasive, I suppose it's because evasive nets you more hatred, while doing almost the same job at slowing ennemies. Fire damage on your generator isn't really important, since most of your damage comes from MS anyway, and Odyssey's end can't compare with Calamity. Last point in favor of evasive fire, CoE cycles go cold->fire, so you can build up hatred during cold cycles and dump it during fire cycles. But really, I don't see why entangling shot wouldn't work, it may be just as good as evasive fire.
09/01/2015 03:09 AMPosted by Nelyeth
and Odyssey's end can't compare with Calamity

I'm using skill marked for death contagnion to spread mfd.

The "Calamity" marked for death can only affect one target, right? Or will it affect all hitten mobs e.g with one multishot?
It applies to every single mob you hit, i.e 20% bonus damage to everything. Best thing is, it stacks with your active MfD.
09/01/2015 05:06 AMPosted by Nelyeth
It applies to every single mob you hit, i.e 20% bonus damage to everything. Best thing is, it stacks with your active MfD.

Ok, thats nice. Thx.

Guess then its same multiplier like other stats stacking like ele dmg.
-> 1 - (1-0,20) * (1-0,20) = 0,36 (instead of 40%)
None of this matters, have fun being stuck below GR 65.
09/01/2015 05:53 AMPosted by Gzip
None of this matters, have fun being stuck below GR 65.

You're right, blizzard is the worst and you should delete your account in protest. (ツ)

That or have a can of fresca, maybe chew it over with twix, and remember it's just a game and blizzard is continually dropping new patches at no additional cost to you.
Am I the only one who would be happy to be stuck at GR50, as long as all the other DHs were stuck at 49? I'm not competing [directly] with other classes... If I'm ranked 200 among DH and you're ranked 250 among Barbarians, but got 1 higher GR than me - I see that as my victory.
08/31/2015 12:43 PMPosted by Paincake
Woah, can't believe I missed it completely! So focus and restraint both of the 50% dmg increase stack up to 100%? Lol I am so dumb for assuming its 50% individually for spender and generator dmg. Ok this changes everything! Now I get what I missed in the first place.

Focus and Restraint and multiplicative with each other, so you actually get more than double damage with both buffs active.
Ok just reporting in again after getting accustomed to this new playstyle... and I have to say... Ballistics combined with Arsenal Multishot rune is quite overpowered in relation to the other runes, specifically comparing it to Cold rune Multishot Burst of Fire in my case, wich really sucked and needs a change ASAP! The cold rune Multishot serves literally no purpose whatsoever.

After going for Fire, I played a little in grift lvl 53 and it went relatively easy. But I'm probably still doing alot of things the wrong way considering how so many DH's allready doing grift lvl 60+. Don't know what it is, perhaps I need a few extra Ancient items.

Also unfortunately I do not have a Thunderfury, perhaps there is any other suggestions to give my follower? I currently have my enchantress equiped a Ess of Johan amulet for chance on pulling and slowing. Doesn't proc as frequently as I'd like, but sometimes it definitely helps.
And I've always only used the Enchantress, and to be honest never ever used the Templar or Scoundrel. If want to progress further in Solo grifts, is it really something that is recommended and can make a difference?
09/03/2015 01:25 AMPosted by Paincake
so many DH's allready doing grift lvl 60+

Very few are doing 60 solo.

If you use Templar, use his intimidate skill which slows. Be sure to keep a Wyrdward ring to use with Thunderfury, when you find one.
08/31/2015 12:43 PMPosted by Paincake

Woah, can't believe I missed it completely! So focus and restraint both of the 50% dmg increase stack up to 100%? Lol I am so dumb for assuming its 50% individually for spender and generator dmg. Ok this changes everything! Now I get what I missed in the first place.

It is not a 100% buff. Each is multiplicative. So the actual modifier is 1-(1.5*1.5) or a total 125% buff.