2.3 Is Monkblo/Barblo. We Need A Mid-Season Patch!

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
Hey blizzard... I'm going to continue to point this out until its fixed. Why is this problem continuing to be ignored?

If nothing changes before the end of Season 4 you will have 3 classes (Crusaders, Wizards, and Demon Hunters) with a huge disadvantage in paragon levels, gear, and gem levels.

Here are the big contributing factors that caused this dynamic shift this season.

1) Mob health distribution moved from elites to white mobs.
2) Classes doing well have access to lots of Damage reduction .
3) CC hurt some classes alot more than others.

The Solution? Revert the changes to crowd control to 2.2 standards for Crusaders, Wizards and Demon hunter's until you have the time to fix these classes after crowd control destroyed them. Either that or give change our sets to get more flat damage reduction just like you did with WD's since that worked too.

Here is a list of each classes Top 1000 averaged out in both season and non-season. That is over 2000 results per class averaged out for better statistics.

Top 1000 Solo Season + Non-Season combined (Results updated 9/4/2015)

Barb - 63.25
WD - 63
Monk - 63
DH - 59.5
Wiz - 57.5
Crusader - 56.5

Everyone claimed that the PTR ranking's wouldn't effect live... Well here are the top 100 PTR rankings... I didnt do top 1000 since the ptr servers didnt have alot of people playing and since the top 100 represents the best players its a good place to start your statistics

Top 100 Solo combined at the end of the PTR

Barb - 65.5
WD - 63
Monk - 64.25
DH - 60.75
Crusader - 58.75
Wiz - 58.25

As you can see the pattern never changed! The class distribution is exactly the same and the difference in the average completed grift is about the same as well. The classes that can clear higher grifts faster will have almost double the XP in the same amount of time played just because they are a Barb, Monk or WD. These classes will also have higher ranked gems.

We warned you far in advance and you did nothing? Why??

https://web.archive.org/web/20150825130201/http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18300110480

TL:DR

We warned you in the PTR and the patch still went live. Now we have 3 Classes are at huge disadvantage when it comes to leveling gems, and gaining XP. These 3 classes will be far behind in the Paragon system and will be far behind in the gem ranking system. Either Fix the 3 classes now or give back to these 3 classes only the 2.2 Crowd Control system.
Seems to me this is overblown. For starters, using the PTR for statistics is like figuring out U.S. voting patterns from a classroom of people. Though I grant you the stats for 2.3 live might be a bit better, even if they're all of 2 days old.

In any case, maybe it's me, but you have the class-specific ladders as well. Aim for those. *shrug*

In the end, S4 won't be postponed. Period. The fixes you want are major-patch worthy, and while they may indeed be necessary they'll take weeks more of internal and PTR testing before they're ready. In the meantime, Blizzard won't go that time period with no season. It just won't happen.

Finally, isn't quitting before you start because you can't be #1 in the world, well, a bit childish? Play the game, have fun, do your best. Only one person gets to top the lists. (Unless it's the group lists, then 2-4 people can.)

Who knows? Maybe you'll be the one to discover the killer combination of new stuff that changes everything for your class.

08/27/2015 11:44 AMPosted by mat82284
4. Statistic's dont lie.

Except, of course, for when they do.
postpone .... are you a TARD ?... if your worried about leaderbooards play a barb.... if you like to be raped play a sorc..,, all others are pretty much even...
08/27/2015 12:00 PMPosted by Pyran
In any case, maybe it's me, but you have the class-specific ladders as well. Aim for those. *shrug*

Those stats are each of the individual class specific stats. I took the top 200 of each class and averaged it out. That is class-specific ladder data.
oh look the cry baby invade general now, too bad for u season start tomorrow rather u like it or not. keep crying while every one else keep ignore and laugh at ur pathetic post.
fazula nerfs force play barb or monk
Easy Fix remove seasons. People only use it to see the new loot. An if it isn't good enough a lot of them quit the seasons. So you really don't have a huge crowd to compete against. Last 3 seasons I haven't even cared about looking at a leader board because people on these forums complain about bots. You also have Multi-boxers who get ahead of a lot of people who don't do that.

So what's the point... You fighting a system that computers control and those who have more time on their hands.

Get rid of season.. A non season ranking board that gives monthly rests to who ranked high. There really isn't a reason to start New characters with the limited space too. !
Top 100 season PTR solo rankings.

Barb - 66
Monk - 65.5
WD - 62.5
DH - 61.5
Wiz - 59.5
Crusader - 59.5

What makes this funny is that these numbers actually prove the game is VERY BALANCED.

The difference between #1 and # 6 is only 6.5 points.

6.5 points is NOTHING. It would have to be over a 10 point variance for it to be considered POSSIBLY unbalanced.
I wonder would you still write such post if the wizzard be in current barb/monk position?

btw: WD is currently 69 the same as monk on EU so you should add wdoble to the title :)
Another day another mat82284 post :)
Stop making all of us Matts look bad!
Hi matbuster

Ranbuster/mat828647= same person

Another day you decided to whine about balance when we aren't even into seasons yet you tard.

CC changes are here to stay and yet your the only one mad about it. Get a life troll.
08/27/2015 11:44 AMPosted by mat82284
Hey Blizzard thanks for forcing 3 classes to quit even before season 4 has started. Please do us all a favor and post pone season 4 and fix the problem you created by nerfing crowd control and balance out the rest of the classes that took a huge hit because of it.

Since season 4 is not active i cant take the top 100 of each class in both season and non-season and combine them together like i did in the PTR, but instead i took the top 200 of each class outside of seasons and here are the results.

Top 200 non-season's averaged 2.3 solo rankings.

Barb - 64
WD - 64
Monk - 62.5
DH - 61.5
Wiz - 58.5
Crusader - 57.5

Here is the top 100 in the PTR when it closed.

Top 100

Barb - 65
WD - 63.5
Monk - 63
DH - 60
Crusader - 58
Wiz - 57

As you can see the pattern never changed! The class distribution is exactly the same and this is exactly what i warned you about in this thread.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18719273214

Here are the big contributing factors that caused this dynamic shift this season.

1) Mob health distribution moved from elites to white mobs.
2) Classes doing well have access to lots of Damage reduction .
3) CC hurt some classes alot more than others.

As you can see from the all the statistics the classes that the ability to obtain alot of damage reduction are ruling the leaderboards. I took the average instead of each class instead of the top reached grift since the average shows the average consistency within a class. The classes that took the Crowd Control nerf the hardest should have been buffed as well to compensate for the crowd control loss and the only class that you did fix was the WD class and deliberately left everyone else to fall way behind.

Lets take a look at the top 100 Season 4 PTR leaderboards. Since non-season stats matched up with the PTR stats its pretty statistical to assume that season 4 will have results very similar to this

Top 100 season PTR solo rankings.

Barb - 66
Monk - 65.5
WD - 62.5
DH - 61.5
Wiz - 59.5
Crusader - 59.5

Please post pone Season 4 and Fix the game. The class power distribution is at obscene levels right now and needs to be fixed!

BTW blizzard, if you need advice on how to fix the wizard class maybe you should have read this post.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18300178350

As for the other classes that are also falling way behind on power/damage reduction are more than welcome to post threads that tell blizzard how to fix their class in this thread.

TL:DR

We warned you in the PTR and the patch still went live. 3 classes are dead in Season 4. Statistic's dont lie.

Don't go asking for balance when you don't understand that certain class are played by choice not because they aren't balanced. You also need to consider the fact the population doesn't stick with the seasonal run. Because it a 25/25/25/25 % divide whos running for what reason..

25% could be doing leader board
25% could be there to look at gear and than quit if not good enough
25% could just be playing for fun
25% Stay on NON seasonal.

An that kind of mass effect plays a roll on what is used.. You also have to consider multi-boxers who may play 4 of the same class with themselves. Just play the game. Season should really a throw out because a lot of these issues.
08/27/2015 12:12 PMPosted by GeraltZRivii
I wonder would you still write such post if the wizzard be in current barb/monk position?

btw: WD is currently 69 the same as monk on EU so you should add wdoble to the title :)

He's got this obsession with barbs. You haven't noticed?
I wish these types of threads would just get deleted immediately. Play what you want to play and stop whining.
Every patch new classes are made stronger and the class rankings are switched around. The two lists linked seem about the same in terms of gap between classes, just that the class order is switched around.
08/27/2015 12:21 PMPosted by Aegis
He's got this obsession with barbs. You haven't noticed?
I think it's envy. I'll let the forum goers decide what kind of envy.
08/27/2015 12:40 PMPosted by Anagram8
The two lists linked seem about the same in terms of gap between classes, just that the class order is switched around.
Your name is fitting with this assessment.

And BTW, his numbers are flawed. He was told on PTR, but keeps posting this drivel. The real numbers will come about.

Crusaders are the only class in a poor place, but it's like comparing two rich people - one has $2million dollars, and the other has $3million dollars. The reality is, it doesn't matter much, they're both millionaires. And 2.3 has enriched us all.
This is simply not a game you should take too srsly.
Basically just play whatever you think you will enjoy.

The game is not that well desgined for competitiveness.
08/27/2015 12:12 PMPosted by Scourge
What makes this funny is that these numbers actually prove the game is VERY BALANCED.

The difference between #1 and # 6 is only 6.5 points.

6.5 points is NOTHING. It would have to be over a 10 point variance for it to be considered POSSIBLY unbalanced.

6.5 grift difference is HUGE each grift is an increase in HP by 17%. is over 110%+ DPS difference between classes. That is not balanced at all.

08/27/2015 12:51 PMPosted by Shivera
And BTW, his numbers are flawed. He was told on PTR, but keeps posting this drivel. The real numbers will come about.

Thats exactly what you guys kept saying in the PTR and guess what. The numbers on live are the same! If this wasnt the end result or dam near it the results would not have any sort of pattern yet they always do.

08/27/2015 12:36 PMPosted by clucas12
I wish these types of threads would just get deleted immediately. Play what you want to play and stop whining.

You hear that blizzard. I guess all you need to do is nerf the top classes to bring them inline with the rest since they don't care about balance and tell others to only play what they want to play and stop whining.