2.3 Is Monkblo/Barblo. We Need A Mid-Season Patch!

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
08/27/2015 12:09 PMPosted by CRISYS
Easy Fix remove seasons. People only use it to see the new loot. An if it isn't good enough a lot of them quit the seasons. So you really don't have a huge crowd to compete against. Last 3 seasons I haven't even cared about looking at a leader board because people on these forums complain about bots. You also have Multi-boxers who get ahead of a lot of people who don't do that.

So what's the point... You fighting a system that computers control and those who have more time on their hands.

Get rid of season.. A non season ranking board that gives monthly rests to who ranked high. There really isn't a reason to start New characters with the limited space too. !

You forget we have seasons because we asked for them. By we I mean the community overall not everyone. I play them I also play non season . Seasons are meant for players. Players as in those that enjoy leveling characters, playing campaign, trying new skills from lower ranks ect. If your a Kadala Player so be it. BTW your post is still not getting you season only gear ;-) If you don't like them then simply ignore them. You will never see a seasonal character in normal. You can simply pretend they don't even exist.

It is that simple.
/watch?v=b4FyIhI7wHQ

This by itself proves you're wrong about wizards. Now, he isn't doing a 66 grift here, but from what I know, he has no reason to lie. I believe he does lower grifts in his videos just to display the build. Not to mention he is clearing the rift quick enough to not require a conduit to beat it.
Using top 200 doesn't paint the whole picture, I'm sure that if you used data on all available characters the average Greater would be much more balanced.
08/27/2015 10:48 PMPosted by OrganMan
/watch?v=b4FyIhI7wHQ

This by itself proves you're wrong about wizards. Now, he isn't doing a 66 grift here, but from what I know, he has no reason to lie. I believe he does lower grifts in his videos just to display the build. Not to mention he is clearing the rift quick enough to not require a conduit to beat it.

In video GR60. Yes, It is possible to finish GR60 even without season wizard belt and new season gem. I was playng PTR and 1 hour before it ended I closed GR57 in Vyr's (solo wizard rank 27), only two guys in Vyr's were ahead of me: one with GR58 and one with GR60 in perfect gear. So whats am I talking about: yes, maybe in season wizard will be capable to take 66-67 in perfect gear after 200 attempts to fish a godly rift, but barb/monk/WD can already take 69+ in non season, I think this is what is trying to say topic starter. I was going to play as wizard in S4, but after PTR where all my friends were playng on GR63+ while I was trying to beat 56-57 I decided to take somebody else...
08/27/2015 11:01 PMPosted by Babiyes
Using top 200 doesn't paint the whole picture, I'm sure that if you used data on all available characters the average Greater would be much more balanced.

Actually no. But its not due to the reasons OP is mentioning but because lack of new stuff means less people playing the class so more variance.

Live data is currently looking promising for the sub 3-classes he mentioned. He just limited the results to a very limited pool. China already has non-season Wizard at solo GR70 (or just below).

I wouldn't worry so much about this thread honestly. I expect all the classes to be hovering around 3-4 GRs on average, with the flavor of the month gaining the most attention of the exploiters and pushing the gap to 6.

If anything, China will be leading the way in top GR clears, as they have shown in the past 2 months. How they achieved it is a discussion for another thread.
Not a DPS or class balancing problem, the grfit mecanism issue.
Some class/build are more inclined to take advantage of some grift mecanims (conduit, skipping elite, movement speed between densities...) than other...

Just without the conduit, ranking will be different...
Blizz genius: WD perma fear is bad...solutions?
Playerbase: Remove mask from the game like critical mass?
Blizz genius: Hell no! Lets !@#$ nurf all cc thing!!!!!!!!
Playerbase: ...

Were drastic changes in game mechanics that destroyed wow. Incredible blizz make the same mistake with diablo 3. Sad, sad...
Blizz genius: nerf fazula belts
Inb4 the players with the most play time push to high paragon levels and ruin all sense of class balance anyways. Really, really really if you want to look at balance the class with the ability to farm the most xp/hr is the most op. It doesn't matter if your class can do 10 more GR's at the start, the class that can farm the most xp can farm the raw stats to surpass you. There is also the melee brick wall that barbs and monks will hit, while the other classes keep on keeping on. Not to mention the 4 player meta might shift, and the 4 classes it favors become the top classes regardless of class balance.

Let the season play out, most seasons we get like half way through them and suddenly out of no where a op build appears for a class that was under performing that's so broken it has to be hotfixed after its damage is done. Its better to buff the other classes after seeing 100% for sure they need to be, than breaking out the nerf bat to early. Stop nerfing and dear god dont ever limit paragon.
I think the reason there is a big difference in performance between barb and sorc is simply the competence of natural character of players who prefer each class. Barb players naturally enjoy risk and adventure and are ready to jump into dangerous situation much more than Sorc players. Sorc players play it because they are afraid of physical contact, even in cyber world's cyber contact. They just can't digest the idea of actual risk physically contacting their skin. And eventually it shows up in high end game ranking. That's why it's like this, not because there is any class imbalance.
Thanks for the post OP, I didn't realize the game was that well balanced right now.
Top 1000 non-season's averaged 2.3 solo rankings.

Barb - 63
WD - 62
Monk - 61
DH - 60
Wiz - 57
Crusader - 55.5

Today's results.
08/28/2015 08:32 AMPosted by mat82284
Top 1000 non-season's averaged 2.3 solo rankings.

Barb - 63
WD - 62
Monk - 61
DH - 60
Wiz - 57
Crusader - 55.5

Today's results.

I don't know why they downvoted you, I don't agree that seasons need to be postponed, that's just silly, but the imbalance is pretty real here.

Crusaders at 7.5 GR levels below Barbarian... LOL that's just absurd. That is more than 3.5 times more powerful. One Barb basically doing the same DPS as 4 Crusaders and 3 Wizards.

Nice joke blizzard.

Today's results.

I don't know why they downvoted you, I don't agree that seasons need to be postponed, that's just silly, but the imbalance is pretty real here.

Crusaders at 7.5 GR levels below Barbarian... LOL that's just absurd. That is more than 3.5 times more powerful. One Barb basically doing the same DPS as 4 Crusaders and 3 Wizards.

Nice joke blizzard.

I think it's because they dont want season 4 to get post poned. The problem with that is if season 4 goes live then we wont see a fix for over 6 months! that means crusaders and wizards are screwed for a long time.

I also posted the PTR top 100 season results and the results for barbs and monks increased over the non-season so this gap that we see now is going to increase.
If you think Wiz will be underpowered in S4 you're on crack.
This post again from Rambusted? How was your birthday, yo? I hope you had a good day.
08/28/2015 08:59 AMPosted by Moridin
If you think Wiz will be underpowered in S4 you're on crack.

Top 100 season's averaged 2.3 PTR solo rankings.

Barb - 66
Monk - 65.5
WD - 62
DH - 61.5
Wiz - 59.5
Crusader - 59.5

These are the seasons results from the PTR. If the top 1000 non-season results that i posted match the top 100 non-season ptr results then the same pattern will be happen with season 4 live. After 3 days of seasons i'll post a season's 1000 result as well. Wizards will be on the bottom just like saders.
Today's results.

Check the numbers in-game. The online leaderboards are behind.

I saw Jaetch clear a 62 yesterday on wizard in the clan notifications.

Today's results.

Nice joke blizzard.

I expect Crusaders to catch up a little bit. Crusaders need to find 9, possibly 10 pieces of gear if they didn't play season 3 for a zodiac ring, to push GR's in 2.3. It will take some time to find the right rolls/ancient items to push the average closer to GR60.

I do think Crusaders need some more love, but I don't think it is as dire as these early numbers are showing.