Colour Blindness Still IGNORED

General Discussion
I've made multiple posts over the years on this issues and have had Blue responses saying there pass it on etc. Well guess what still NOTHING.

And now even though I am so grateful for the over due WD buffs. I just can't see anything with all the fire about.It's that bad now I just can't play in a party any more. It makes me feel ill and give me a massive head ache trying to keep track of the cursor.

Blizzard goes on about quality of life changes to move an NPC from on part of a camp to another, Yet one change that would make a massive difference for people with and without colour blindness is never addressed. We need a way to customize the pointer and to control the effects of our own and other players spell effects.

I've made 3 posts and each has received multiple pages one even went to 10 pages. I've even asked this question on each Live stream Q & A and it's been ignored. So I can only presume people with colour-blindness can GET ?????????
09/07/2015 03:46 AMPosted by VINEUK
I've made multiple posts over the years on this issues and have had Blue responses saying there pass it on etc. Well guess what still NOTHING.

How did you know they were blue responses, HUH???

#debunked
Because a Blue post was put on the thread by an admin saying they would pass it on the the Dev. amazing being able to read I worked that out for myself. Here is a link to the EU thread that maxed out at 20

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10341164747

So you see I'm not making it up......There was never an update like the Dev said....
I was just looking for this feature. It would be nice to see the cursor during the chaos on the screen.
09/07/2015 04:17 AMPosted by Meioh
How did you know they were blue responses, HUH???
#debunked

Hmm. Maybe it's the:
1. "BLIZZ" icon overlay in the left hand status icon.
2. "BLIZZ" icon that appears to the right of the author's name in the author column..
3. "BLIZZ" icon that appears to the right of the blizz user name when it appears in last post column.
4. The custom, animated profile avatar only available to Blizzard employees..
5. The huge diagonal "BLIZZARD" banner that runs underneath the profile profile for the full width of that column.

Or did you just think it would be funny to taunt a color blind person about being color blind?

Hint: #notcool #notfunny
I can assure you, as a non-colorblind person I, too, have problems seeing wtf is happening on screen with all the special fx going off. #yourenotalone
09/07/2015 08:09 AMPosted by VINEUK
There was never an update like the Dev said....

We will update you on the possibility of implementation of this option as soon as we have some info to share.

1. The "blue" comment in your EU thread was not by a "Dev". It was by a Community Manager. HUGE difference.
2. You missed a key component in the CM's reply. Here it is again:

as soon as we have some info to share.
Guess what? There is nothing to share.

I hope that helps!
There are many times in parties I lose track of my mouse altogether. They need to dim all other effects other than your own imo.
Just use Yolomouse. It works well.
09/07/2015 10:57 AMPosted by TimberWolf
Just use Yolomouse. It works well.

But Yolomouse is considered 3rd party software and against the terms of service laid down by Blizzard. Blizzard doesn't distinguish between what 3rd party software may be running, it may be something as innocent as Yolomouse but it could also be something far more serious. I haven't as yet heard of any one being banned for using Yolomouse but that doesn't mean to say it hasn't or wouldn't happened.

I understand a lot of people who are NOT Colour blind loose the cursor as well due to spell effects. But that's just one symptom of playing D3 being colour blind. Lots of colours blur together for me and I find it almost impossible to distinguish variations of the same colour, even when there quite dramatically different. IE soft orange to Deep red. At the moment playing D3 for anything longer than an hour in group give me terrible eye strain and a head ache but I'm sure that's due to the rather large amount of flame effects on screen at the moment.

It's not Blizzard fault I'm colour Blind and I understand they have to weigh the cost over the amount of people it would benefit. I'm sure colour blind people make up a very small % of the player base, but it's not just colour blind people who would have there gaming experience improved with such a change. At the end of the day there has been lots of things Blizzard has changed in the game under the concept of quality of life changes that really have done nothing but save a person 5 seconds at best. This would be a quality of life change that really would make a considerable different to some players.