Ramaladni's Gift working badly

General Discussion
I have a friend that just started playing the game and he found a very very good Bow for his DH. His bow already came with socket and still not knowing what he was doing he used a gift on it.
Now, I didn't know that, and he came to me asking what he could reroll, I told him to get more attack speed. But when he places the bow into the mystic rolling screen he can't do anything due to the early use of the gift.
His only alternative to "try" to save that bow now I think it's to place on Kanai's cube and reroll until he gets a new ancient that won't roll for sure as good as the one he got.

Possible fixes for this, add a command line so that the ramaladni's gift can't be applied on weapons that already has a socket.
really? a friend? *squints at op's unrerolled gifted ancient yang*
As far as I know you can't use a gift on a socketed weapon.
09/10/2015 08:18 PMPosted by CashfCookies

^Haha, so true.

TIL you can gift a already socketed weapon.

This is why blizzard won't give us more stash space, it will confuse people too much.
Man it's not my ancient bow, and yes seriously it was a friend who started playing the game. If you just take a look at the amount of posts I have here you should know I wouldn't make that mistake. In fact it seems to me you guys just started too for the amount of posts you have :)
09/10/2015 08:34 PMPosted by Zamus
As far as I know you can't use a gift on a socketed weapon.
This.
You need to go to the mystic and reroll the socket to something else bfore being able to RG an item.

At least until the latest patch, I haven't been playing lately.
09/11/2015 04:44 AMPosted by OmegaRed
Man it's not my ancient bow, and yes seriously it was a friend who started playing the game. If you just take a look at the amount of posts I have here you should know I wouldn't make that mistake. In fact it seems to me you guys just started too for the amount of posts you have :)

I've been playing since day 1. Have over 1k hrs on my wizard, and have like 20 posts. I play the game and occasionally read the forums.

TLDR: Posts != in-game experience
09/10/2015 08:18 PMPosted by CashfCookies

I'm guessing the OP rerolled the base dmg on his Yang. For some reason, that doesn't show up as a reroll on the online profile.

I did the same thing with my scrimshaw.