GRs are 90% Low Density Cave/Hallways

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
09/16/2015 06:04 AMPosted by Ecto
No one realises, we've already given them the majority of the cash they are going to make on this game, there is no subscription and there is obviously no motivation to improve the servers. 80 down 20 up net here, 41ms at night, 120ms during peak times. These guys are NOT stupid, they're very clever and have made a good amount of money of us all. They'll know full well the servers are stretched and have made a decision not to upgrade them. If they were getting upgraded there would be an announcement about it, as it is positive PR / advertising.

[/quote]

Except it isnt a good decision. My experience with D3 (it is one of my favorite games but I lived through RMAH days) has made me swear off ever buying another blizzard product. And my gamer friends have heard so much !@#$ they wont buy anything from blizz either. So about 8 people in their early twenties who are solid customers swear off your entire company. How many times does that have to happen until your company is toast?
I recall Blizzard once stating that they didn't want every map to have high density. That way we are excited when we get that dense rift. Sure, I'm happy when I get density. The problem is that I, or none of us for that matter, are having fun with the lack of density maps.

The design philosophy should be to make everything at the very least medium density, and then adjust progression from there. If I'm not killing massive packs of monsters, then I'm not having fun. So, give us the massive packs of monsters, and then figure out the balance from there.

Using lack of density as a progression tool is horrible design philosophy, imo.
I have logged off for the day many times, after an endless streak of boring cave rifts. It's simply not fun to play when you get those all the time, exp is bad, density even worse, usually only 1 way to run.

This is the true definition of boring gameplay.
----------oOo--------------------oOo---------------------oOooOo------------OO-------

Ok kids. Above is a representstion if a typical straight shot hallway map..

----- is the part where you want to skip aka "low density hallways".

oOo is the open space in every hallway map... Thats where the party is aka "Density that will make your game Lag"

L2P kids.
09/16/2015 06:04 AMPosted by Ecto
No one realises, we've already given them the majority of the cash they are going to make on this game, there is no subscription and there is obviously no motivation to improve the servers. 80 down 20 up net here, 41ms at night, 120ms during peak times. These guys are NOT stupid, they're very clever and have made a good amount of money of us all. They'll know full well the servers are stretched and have made a decision not to upgrade them. If they were getting upgraded there would be an announcement about it, as it is positive PR / advertising.

Maybe I'm a conspiracy theorist, but to me the considerably average lower density is a direct by product of stressed servers and won't be going away any time soon.

The reason why there is not a sub, is because Blizzard doesnt want competition with its own products. Like people deciding whether to pay for Diablo or WoW this month or change games subs the following month. If they wanted a sub on Diablo, then they would have to completely restructure battle.net, as in making you pay $15/month for your battle.net account and have access to Diablo, WoW, and Starcraft. Otherwise having a separate sub for each D3 and WoW, it may discourage players from even playing. I sure wouldn't pay a monthly sub for this game in the current state that its in.
Have to bump this. It is so annyoing. Rifts are WAY MORE FUN. Because you get decent density, can aggro triple and quadruple packs sometimes etc. GR rift sucks right now just like the OP saids because they are just a bunch of caves and tunnels, sewers, and stuff like that.
I typically bring 3 lesser players with me to GR 40's because density sucks on solo GRs. While this is a win for my clan mates and myself, it is not a long term solution. In fact, it's not a solution at all. I just like to help clan mates and then realized that this is a good way to get higher density; run a full party but do all the killing myself.
This seems to have changed or has gotten much worse last patch. I'm running into so many horrible long tunnel rifts, many of them with long corridors that end in a dead end. It's just boring and not fun, and too many of the rifts are like that. It's like they are trying to make it harder to fish for rifts when it already was a major pain.
+1 GR density is trash, and the maps are consistently narrow corridors.
09/16/2015 10:05 AMPosted by pattycake
----------oOo--------------------oOo---------------------oOooOo------------OO-------

oOo is the open space in every hallway map... Thats where the party is aka "Density that will make your game Lag"

L2P kids.

400 paragon, crafted sets, first legendary items that dropped are equiped, no legendary gems, no cubed items, NS account...

And yeah, grifts are like that but normal rifts are even worse.
It's not just the density but the overall passive-ness of mobs really disrupts the flow of combat.

I'm literally screaming at my screen "PLEASE COME AND KILL ME, I'M RIGHT HERE!"

I understand that there has to be breaks in between but sometimes there's just not enough action. Passive mobs + low density caves results in really long periods of nothing going on.
Easy fix if they can't buff the density: if there are fewer monsters within 50 yards of you, the rift timer, shrine/pylon timer, and skill timer all start slowing down, while run speed is increased. If there are no monsters within 50 yards, the timers are stopped (or close to it) and you are at close to max speed.
09/16/2015 11:30 AMPosted by Voroseeg

L2P kids.

400 paragon, crafted sets, first legendary items that dropped are equiped, no legendary gems, no cubed items, NS account...

And yeah, grifts are like that but normal rifts are even worse.

Idk why this would help but here is my main acc

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/pattycake-1641/hero/23786823

Hey, its up to you if you want to take what i have shared as a useless tip or something useful, up to you guys.
High density is an artificial kind of fun. Blizzard said so. So obviously you are all wrong and not playing the game right.
"GRs are 90% Low Density Cave/Hallways "

This is REALLY ANNOYING... HORRIBLE!

We have enough dps... AND WHY WE ARE NOT PROVIDED ENOUGH ELITES TO PASS THE GREATER RIFTS?

We walk and run for a very long distance... NO ELITES.

We got 5 consecutive Cave or sewer maps for greater rifts... SO FEW ELITES that we have to re-open.

WE ARE WASTING OUR GREAT RIFT KEYS ON RIFTS THAT HAS NO ELITES!!!!!!

PLEASE FIX IT. ...
GIVE US MORE ELITES....OR GIVE US MORE PROGRESS ON WHITE MOBS.

09/16/2015 12:39 PMPosted by Herethebeef
High density is an artificial kind of fun. Blizzard said so. So obviously you are all wrong and not playing the game right.

I don't know what game u are playing.
I am definitely not looking for the the game of "walking in greater rifts quietly"
09/15/2015 12:44 PMPosted by Unscene
I know I'm not the only one experiencing this. 9/10 times the GR map is a cave from one of the acts with terrible density. If it's not a cave it's an A2 Sewer which is just a low density marathon hallway. Beginning to think this the intended fix for the lag issues and server instability. Can't lag the game if there's only 3 to 5 enemies on screen at once right?

I understand the game is a mess of spaghetti code, but this needs to be addressed. It's ruining the game. Climbing leaderboards should be more than fishing through infinite layers of RNG because just getting a playable rift is like hitting the jackpot.

TL:DR
Rifts are unplayable because the map pool consists of only caves.

Pretty much. Wheres the diversity here Blizzard? Are you mapcist?

Sewer maps say "-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

and "hi".

You may also want to consider that not all classes/builds are capable of easily skipping the narrow corridor parts of the map with charge, dash and whirlwind.
09/16/2015 01:52 PMPosted by HunterKiller

Sewer maps say "-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

and "hi".

You may also want to consider that not all classes/builds are capable of easily skipping the narrow corridor parts of the map with charge, dash and whirlwind.

C1--------------------C2
|
|
|
|
Start

Sewer maps!

Corners. You go through hallway 1 - Corner 1 - go through hallway 2 - corner 2. Go back to corner 1 through hallway 2. Now u have hallway 1 and hallway 2 monsters in corner 1... Mass murder.

Same goes with a straighy hallway. Pass through monsters (they will follow) after 2-3 screens, go back approx at the middle of traveled distance.. Mass murder.

I agree with you with not all classes are mobile, unfortunately i dont know how to play them since i have never touched ranged classes. This is mainly for Mobile builds and Group play.
i dont need a lesson how to farm cave maps/corridors but thanks.

the fact is theyre so frustrating and boring it makes me wanna go sleep wen i farm xp.

if the server cant handle more open maps then for ffs get new servers or take down the game and get it sorted it.