Question about Del Rasha

Wizard
Hi,

I have finally got the core items for the Del Rasha set and am dying to see its potential, but have a few queries....

I have seen some videos on people saying that I should have lightning damage on the bracers... why is that? And how does the dmg from slow time work?

What is the "optimal" skills to use for the set? And what does the rotation usually look like?

I am currently lacking nilfur boots and the 2h which removes the cd on teleport (I intend to cube this)

Best regards,
Predrago
Hello Predrago,

Aether Walker is the weapon which removes the CD on Teleport but it is actually a 1H so you could also just use it in your main hand.

Slow Time takes the attribute of your highest elemental % boost in damage type. That means if you have higher Lightning skill damage then Slow Time will be Lightning damage, etc. It doesn't honestly matter what element you choose as long as you get 1 skill each of Lightning, Fire, and Cold. Arcane damage will come from Teleport.

Currently, I believe (as I have never liked Delrasha), people are experimenting with the new bracers and Energy Twister so you might try that out. With those bracers, Energy Twister will pull mobs into your bubble making it easier to deal with massive mobs without a Gesture of Orpheus to reduce Slow Time CDR.

If you have the Delsere's 6 set you might actually experiment with that set bonus before going full hybrid. Dels + Triumvirate + Focus/Restraint + Convention of Elements (cube) can actually have some really powerful results and gets you more oriented with the use of Slow Time placement on mobs.

There is no "rotation" on most builds as it will always depend on the situation. Generally you want to keep good uptime on the 4 stack of Tals while procing the meteors regularly (as this is the majority of your damage). This may mean procing one stack at a time slowly until you run into a mob pack and can proc the 4th stack and go to town, or it may mean simply procing all 4 at once. You will just have to practice.

If you opt for the Energy Twister build then you can just pull mobs directly into the bubbles but otherwise you will need to just practice with placement. Crown of Primus is also a good cube item to increase the effectiveness of Slow Time.
09/04/2015 03:29 AMPosted by Calur
If you have the Delsere's 6 set you might actually experiment with that set bonus before going full hybrid. Dels + Triumvirate + Focus/Restraint + Convention of Elements (cube) can actually have some really powerful results and gets you more oriented with the use of Slow Time placement on mobs.

If Area Damage was working properly with DMO6 and Triumvirate, you could. And even then it would be hard to offset the loss of the TR6-boosted 2000%/sec coming from the bubbles.
Thanks alot for the help :)

Would it work to NOT have a lightning skill for example, but have +20% lightning dmg on the bracers and have Tal and the passive to proc?

Regards,
Pred
Assuming you have DMO4 bonus on, Slow Time works as an elemental skill of your highest element. So you could use Glacial Spike, Slow Time, Teleport/Calamity and Meteor Shower, for instance, with with lightning % being your highest.
Is there a reason you'd want crown of primus in your cube and not Nilfur's Boast? Almost everything I see suggests this but items in your cube get the max roll effect bringing Nilfur's Boast to 200% Meteor damage on 3 or less targets.
Until this patch Crown of the Primus was hard to slot into the top performing DelRasha builds, as such, I didn't keep any, and never bothered gambling for a good ancient one. Nilfur's Boast on the other hand, I sought out a good ancient pair of.

The point here is I'd love Nilfur's Boast in my cube, but to make that transition I would want an ancient Int/ChC/MeteorDmg Crown of the Primus, which I haven't found yet. I think you're right that that's the ideal scenario, it's just not one people had a reason to farm/gamble for until this patch.
09/04/2015 09:37 AMPosted by Terrab
Is there a reason you'd want crown of primus in your cube and not Nilfur's Boast? Almost everything I see suggests this but items in your cube get the max roll effect bringing Nilfur's Boast to 200% Meteor damage on 3 or less targets.

Personally - I have decently rolled Nilfur's and only poorly rolled Crown. I have both powers cubed, just a matter of picking the better items. In general your logic is valid though.
09/04/2015 03:53 AMPosted by Feanor
If Area Damage was working properly with DMO6 and Triumvirate, you could. And even then it would be hard to offset the loss of the TR6-boosted 2000%/sec coming from the bubbles.

It is still a very solid build. Before 2.3 it was actually a lot more powerful due to being able to use Bastions 2 pc along with the full Dels but now with the cube even Del Rasha can use Bastions. The damage from the Time Warp bubbles is actually not that high by comparison; most of your damage comes from the meteors.

09/04/2015 09:37 AMPosted by Terrab

Ultimately it comes down to how well rolled your pieces are. If you have ancients you will want to prefer those pieces from those sets if you can. If you have ancient Dels boots and a poorly rolled Tal's helm you might swap that out for Crown and use Nilfurs in the cube.

Ultimately the difference between a 180% Nilfurs and a 200% is not noticeable enough to prioritize that over better gear placement.
this thread helped me realize why i should have rolled lightning dmg on my bracers! was using fire to boost my meteor but im missing out on a lightning meteor!

noob lessons!

thanks!