Why isn't anyone helping the "noobs" during seasons

General Discussion
08/17/2015 07:58 AMPosted by Herbapou
imo I am not sure how it is a problem if you pretty much one shot everything.

Word. Even T-10 will be a cakewalk for some of us. It is on the PTR, don't see it changing. One guy tagging along won't matter enough to notice.
Always willing to help. Main a barb been around a bit. Not even close to the best or top of leaderboards but I play for fun and I enjoy helping lower players. It's usually a few para levels before I get an upgrade so I share everything. It's just a game ladies and gents. Helping and playing with other players is part of the fun. At least for me. Can't get to TX without some guidance or assistance. And if u do, well GG for you. I enjoy playing it forward. Add me up anytime I'm always willing to help and run groups.
People running wacko gearings are probably little kids. Trying to strategize gear optimization with a 12 year old maybe an uphill battle. (Especially if mom told them not to talk to strangers.)

If you don't want people leeching just skip over some trash monsters at the entrance and leave them stuck there getting killed by imps. I wouldn't kick anybody, but you're not obligated to hand-hold them and steam roller every single critter.
08/16/2015 11:16 PMPosted by HappyRogue
I have seen many without sockets, gems or haven't utilized their full damage during GR 40+. Why is no one helping these people? I answer questions during Demon Hunter chat. I wouldn't feel right pmin' personally.

because when you do, you can only hear:

"shut up, ill play how i want"
"its not important"
ect

before you don't bother anymore.
08/17/2015 03:22 PMPosted by Stormz
because when you do, you can only hear:

"shut up, ill play how i want"
"its not important"
ect

before you don't bother anymore.

This is mostly why I avoid helping random players, however I'm glad to help if they ask anything I know.

I'm mostly active on the LA forums which are mostly dead and there are very few of us who actually read about builds, stats, mechanics, etc and are willing to pass the knowledge or at very least explain why x works with y.
Depending on the situation not everyone can one shot everything on torment 6 believe it or not. I have a barb i'm still trying to get geared for fun before the season ends can definitely hold his own now on torment 6. I hosted a game a few minutes ago and had to leave immediately cause everyone else in the group was below 80 paragon levels with all yellows and blues. I'm all for helping people but i'm not carrying people i don't know who are too damn lazy to do the very basic gearing up for lesser rift gear. ...
Some of us "noobs" just don't care about min/maxing. I left just before the removed the auction house and only recently returned. The character I've been running recently is a hardcore demon hunter that I use one hand crossbow and a shield with. I some of the gear I'm running is way too low for me, but they give me other things I dig like between two of them I get 25% bonus damage to all fire skills, so yeah I switched as many of my skills to fire as possible to take advantage of that, and I keep that gear for the time being to stick with that bonus.

But to be fair, I just run solo so my being a unique snowflake isn't really affecting anyone else either.
I have seen many without sockets, gems or haven't utilized their full damage during GR 40+. Why is no one helping these people? I answer questions during Demon Hunter chat. I wouldn't feel right pmin' personally.

Why aren't YOU helping them?

When I get bored I go into the public chat rooms and find people to level up. I also give them gear and give suggestions that might help them. I'm sure there are many others that do similar stuff.
Its a pretty casual watered down game, im sure they will get there in the end.
The real question here is: Why are such broad sweeping generalizations being stated?
1. Rifts

Some people help out and some people don't. Newbie or not, people tend to be more than happy to dole out advice or expertise. However, I suspect that the OP is not talking about pub RIFTing .

2. Greater Rifts

Considering the timing of OP's post (near the end of the season), the real question he is asking:

"Why does everyone leave when a sub-para 400 guy enters a GR?
"Why are sub-para 400 guys getting kicked so often in GR?"

Answer:

Most of these "noobs" are the non-season guys jumping into season to get the rewards. They are not technically newbies but lazy old-bies that want to get carried.

They are looking for an easy way to gem and reach certain milestones/seasonal achievements.

It wouldn't be a big deal except they gem after every run. That means that the group has to keep doing trials. They contribute nothing and need to keep asking a bunch of para 800/900 to do trials after each GR run.

Seriously? Getting carried in a T6 rift is no big deal. But GRs are a different story.